• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat movie trailer is here, and damn that looks good !

Why'd they give this to a rookie director? The acting was pretty bad and they should've gone with a better fight choreographer.

For a franchise that borrowed so heavily from martial arts films, it's okay to expect some decent action and fight direction.

Last edited:
Why is Kano hanging out with the good guys ? is he a good guy now ? Like the way Sonya introducing him to MC Cole as if they are friends.

GAMETA

Banned
I don't know much about MKs official lore. Why is Sub-Zero sometimes on the good side and sometimes on the bad? Different Subs from the same clan?

Same goes for Scorpion I guess.

Last edited:

Valt7786

I don't know much about MKs official lore. Why is Sub-Zero sometimes on the good side and sometimes on the bad? Different Subs from the same clan?

Same goes for Scorpion I guess.
Original Sub Zero is Bi-han, his clan are enemies of Scorps clan. In game lore Scorp is tricked to believe Bi-Han murdered his family but was actually some dickhead Sorceror called Quan-Chi. Scorp eventually kills Bi-han. MK 2 onwards Sub Zero is Kuai Liang, Bi-han's younger brother. Wants peace, isn't a dick.

VulcanRaven

Poster:
Euhdgw9VEAEEkF8

Fbh

Looks like dumb fun which is how it should be.

I just really hope it focuses on the fights. Hopefully it doesn't spend the first 60-80 minutes building up the tournament only to have the fights and finale condensed in the fnal 20-30 minutes.

VulcanRaven

I have to admit that I haven't played the series in a long time but this got me excited. The trailer looks great.

I have always wanted MK movie that looks like this:

Last edited:
Ok this actually looks badass. I’m surprised. Exactly what it should be. Is the old Asian guy with the rope with the dagger at the end scorpion or is it this cole character?

Inspector Q

So I am assuming this Cole guy is actually going to take on the name "Johnny Cage" at some point? Maybe even at the end of the movie? The dude helps save the world and gets a big time deal with Hollywood, but uses the stage name Johnny Cage?

If they just straight up replaced Cage with this scrub I am going to be a bit upset, lol.

Self

Meh. Seems to take itself too seriously (minus Kano) and lacks the original soundtrack. Plus Scorpion's 'get over here' was very muffled.

I'll still watch it, but my expectations are low.

I agree. The actors also look very mediocre. Don't get the feeling here.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Looks alright! Im a casual mk fan and im balls at actually fighting real people, but playing through the campaigns of 9, x, and 11 has been a blast. I hope they go as over the top as the story in mk 11 does

ButchCat

I think the acting and writing in the first one was to entertainingly bad that they've made the creative decision to stick to that which is great.

Shouta

So I am assuming this Cole guy is actually going to take on the name "Johnny Cage" at some point? Maybe even at the end of the movie? The dude helps save the world and gets a big time deal with Hollywood, but uses the stage name Johnny Cage?

If they just straight up replaced Cage with this scrub I am going to be a bit upset, lol.

As far as I can tell, Cole is supposed to be a new character that acts are the audience's POV for the film instead of having one of the main MK characters being the fresh newbie.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
The only critique I have is I think Michael Jai White should have stayed on as Jax. He was perfect, an incredible martial artist and looks damn near identical. Either way, I'm hyped as hell.
the new jax looks like a bitch compared to MJW , esp the part where his arms r destroyed

For some reason anime fighting and gareth evans have ruined ny expectations of what "dope fight scenes" are lol imagine if the director of the raid got his hands on these fight scenes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom