• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Day 1 Patch [probably DOESN'T decrease token rate]

Could this not have been "the intended amount" and the easy gold was just for early reviewers to give them a good feel for what the Krypt holds?

I guess it should have been given with a disclaimer if that was the case

Possibly, although it would make more sense to just give reviewers an unlock-all code.

Can anyone detail how long it will take to get 100% with the Koin change? Is it years? What about months? Weeks? This is key. Is it possible receiving 2500 Koins per boss defeat meant the game completion speed was way too fast?

That's what I'd like to know, too. May be overreacting just a tad if it's still fairly easy to unlock everything.

Alienous

Could this not have been "the intended amount" and the easy gold was just for early reviewers to give them a good feel for what the Krypt holds?

It wouldn't matter. That in itself is problematic if the reviewers weren't made aware at the time of writing their reviews.

Possibly, although it would make more sense to just give reviewers an unlock-all code.
Yeah, why didn't they just give reviewers a code to get them IDK 250,000 coins if they wanted them to unlock stuff.
It is obvious they wanted good reviews then patch the aggressive IAPs in invalidating the reviews.

Toxi

Banned
what in the holy fuck, that can't be real.

Just imagining a game I love like Monster Hunter decreasing drop rates by 90% while simultaneously introducing paid DLC to get materials would make me drop the franchise instantly and send a furiously worded letter to capcom smeared in my own diarrhea.
To be fair, if Diablos Hardhorns got 90% rarer I'd barely notice the difference.

FHIZ

Okay.

Okay.

The season pass has 4 characters for $30? Crap, but whatever.

Preorder incentive is an entire character? Awful, but I can get over it.

Selling fatality koins? Stupid, but I don't need them so it doesn't really impact me.

Selling an unlock for the krypt content? Greedy moneygrubbing, but again, shouldn't affect me.

But this? This is absolute horseshit that almost makes me want to return my damn game.

You're missing exclusive unlocks tied to mobile game that is a total grindfest only aided by IAP.

Yeah, why didn't they just give reviewers a code to get them IDK 250,000 coins if they wanted them to unlock stuff.
It is obvious they wanted good reviews then patch the aggressive IAPs in invalidating the reviews.

It's obvious? Do you know how long it takes to get 100% completion with this new change? Years? Months? Weeks? Days? It would be cool if someone did answer this then we can discuss whether or not the change was to screw people over.

Vire

That's some fucking bullshit. Between the Destiny season pass news and this, I'm seriously getting bummed out.

Was thinking about picking this up, but nah - not gonna support this and the other awful practices they got going on with this game.

zychi

Banned
lol. "support developers day 1" developers dont give two shits about their customers anymore with this trash. #dontpreorder

It's obvious? Do you know how long it takes to get 100% completion with this new change? Years? Months? Weeks? Days? It would be cool if someone did answer this then we can discuss whether or not the change was to screw people over.
I mostly want to hear a reviewer do the math of coins gotten yesterday versus today.
Unlocks should be a set amount.
Although I doubt it will take a year to get everything. Probably months.

PKrockin

To be fair, if Diablos Hardhorns got 90% rarer I'd barely notice the difference.
lol damn, roughly 20%? That's brutal. I must have gotten lucky getting one on my first hunt.

What was his name again?

I really enjoy his interview stuff and some of his reviews but everything else is a cringefest.
I'm not a fan of his either but he does make supremely pissed off rant videos when this sort of thing happens, at least giving the issue more exposure.

Servbot24

Banned
I wasn't interested in the game to begin with, but if I was, this type of garbage would make me refrain from buying it.

GQman2121

Banned
Has anyone actually gone in and seen the decrease in value for these coins? Is there an image? Or is a reddit post enough to publish a story on now days?

zychi

Banned
You know 100% that this was Netherealm's decision and not WB's? Where'd you get that information? #leap2conclusions

i'm sure WB put their coders and devs into neterherealm and made ingame currency a thing. i bet it was entirely their idea to include a storymode too

:lol

they made a game with in-game currency ala VC for 2k games. fuck this shit. just make MK F2P then.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt that Boon had any say in this. This reeks of upper-management meddling to try and scam some extra money.

Yep it really does, Warner Bros loooooooves their DLC. Maybe I'm being naive but I just don't see Boon and co being the type of folks to be happy with that kind of decision.

Absolute fucking BOLLOCKS. Not a chance in hell I purchase this new. I'll wait 18 months for the GOTY edition and then purchase it used. Netherrealm and WB can go fuck themselves. Those cunts arseholes won't see a penny from me.

Review numbers better be updated to reflect this nonsense.

I mostly want to hear a reviewer do the math of coins gotten yesterday versus today.
Unlocks should be a set amount.
Although I doubt it will take a year to get everything. Probably months.

If it's a couple months then why is everyone acting like this is such a scummy move? Fans tend to play these games for a long while.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I suppose a perk to buying disc copies is you can install offline and play offline without the worry of any darn patches.

Nokterian

Yep it really does, Warner Bros loooooooves their DLC. Maybe I'm being naive but I just don't see Boon and co being the type of folks to be happy with that kind of decision.

Expect Batman Arkham Knight doing the same thing and yeah WB does love it. Look at the games they published all in the same practice.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

I believe that a significantly grindier Krypt would negatively affect review scores, don't you?

Grady

Lollolololol, if you like fighting games who cares. You will play it long enough to unlock everything. Many worse things have happened in life. So dramatic.

Interfectum

If they are going to be pulling this kind of shit they need to stop charging $60 for the game. It's bullshit that they are having it both ways.

Top Bottom