• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Day 1 Patch [probably DOESN'T decrease token rate]

Fbh

Lol. It's like mobile F2P tactics 101.

Oh well, after the Goro DLC thing and the overpriced characters I was going to get this once the Komplete edition is $30 or something like that.

It's funny, I remember a few months ago seeing a thread here that was something like "Is this the year Warner Games gets a seat in the big publishers table?"..... well, it looks like they are trying really hard

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
bait-and-switch.gif

Hahahahah. My mum used to do this to my daughter.

Evolve all around and especially Evolve mobile: pay to win and get the best ranks to get the skins in the full game.

I know that getting ingame money in MKXMobile is almost impossible and forces you to buy coins with real money. Also I couldn't link my WBID to my WBPlay to use it with MKXMobile. I don't know if anyone did since many are having that problem and that problem = no extra costumes and stuff unlocked and aslo less money unlock for the PC/Console version = Useless !

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah....I will just wait for the Komplete Edition (Or if it gets ported to PS Vita).I don't feel like dealing with all this non sense right now.

Teletraan1

Banned
What a gross hobby this has become. I used to have to unlock characters in fighting games by playing them for a low to moderate amount of time. Now everything is a fucking treadmill that you can pay to get off of. Fighting games should come with all the fighters unlocked and you unlock costumes and personalization items at a brisk pace. Dont even get me started on DLC characters. That shit just fragments everything.

I can't be the only one not giving a fuck about all this and enjoying a damn great game if not one of the best entry in the series?

I may never unlock everything but i don't really care except for costumes and fatality. The game has well enough content for a full price game. The game is awesome, did'nt experience issues with online yet. Gonna have a blast with couch multiplayer too!

My only concern is the kombat pack which is quite pricey for what it offer but i paid 20$ instead of 30 since i preordered the game and i think its worth it for me.
Jason DLC alone justify it for me

Micro transaction is far from being a new thing and the fatality token are totally pointless.

this is the mentality that allows devs and publishers to get away with this kinda stuff. It may not be affecting your gameplay, but it affects others and is a disgusting practice.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I was going to get it day one but will wait with all of the bs going on. Publisher and developer being way too greedy.

Marcel

Yep.
You have to grind a good bit for money in Smash. The difference is it was pretty clear their was a grind and the developers didn't change anything after reviews. Still got 9/10 scores.

The only thing you buy with currency in Smash is Trophies right? Extra fatalities seem like a more pressing thing to lock people out of as they were part of MK's DNA since Day 1.

Allforce

the krypt is super grindy, completing a tower (10 fights) on medium doesnt even give you 5000 koins and many graves in the krypt require 6000 or more. and there are hundres of graves. just to point that out.
even worse, tons of them unlock crap like music or artwork, or costumes you can easily get by completing a tower with a character. or fataltities you already know, so often you get stuff you already have. again, it's super grindy.

sure, encouraging long time motivation is fine, but with tha 20 bucks krypt unlock, that just doesnt sit well with me. the best way is probably to just wait and see which graves are worth it, look it up online before spending the koins.

Is this before or after the patch?

We need someone with actual confirmation that you can go back and delete the patch and collect the old amounts of currency. Then spread that information to everyone and blow up their "Skip The Grind - 19.99" plans.

The Cowboy

Popcap did this so right in PvZ Garden Warfare (published by EA of all companies), they released the main game at a lower price, then made all the DLC free of charge and put in a micro transaction system for cosmetic etc - and then made adjustments to INCREASE the amount of gold you get by regular play to make it less of a grind to get the stuff.

This is just not on at all, in MK X they released the game at a regular price, have paid DLC and then have a micro transaction system on top of this for things - and then they REDUCED the amount of gold (this games version of it) to make it more of a grind to get the stuff.

I am so glad i held of on buying this, this is exactly why i wait until after a game is out to see if its worth paying full price for it - this having paid DLC, micro transactions and now this seal the deal for the 75% off steam sale purchase.

Dicer

Banned
Knew this title was gonna be a money grubber, it's so easily built-in and people will bitch and moan, but more will just deal and pony up...

Sad times...

Oh look, more garbage from NRS/WB. More reason to skip this game.

Shame, I wanted to play it too. Maybe when its $10 for the Komplete edition or something.

So I'm not trying to defend this, cause it's super shitty no matter how you spin it, but is there any list of what exactly they changed? All I've seen is some reference to a friend of a friend off reddit.

Was it every way of acquiring koins? Just that one boss fight? Was every method reduced by 90%?

There's a weird lack of actual information.

Reddit is not the source. Destructoid's review editor posted a story (the one who reviewed it). He would know.
The one you linked to has no info on the patch. I could only find info related to the patch lowering koins via the reddit post, and I looked extensively.

Perhaps I'm not seeing the full article because I'm on mobile?

jond76

Banned
Lollolololol, if you like fighting games who cares. You will play it long enough to unlock everything. Many worse things have happened in life. So dramatic.

Thank you. Not sure what I'm supposed to be mad about. A feature change prior to release? I'm just enjoying a fun fighting with loads of content.

Bob White

LOL. Bad netcode kept me from this. And I'm thankful for it. This is some fucking hilarious garbage. To all the content makers that love to go on rants and rattle some cages, go fucking get em'.

Cerato

Neo Member
NRS isn't trying to be bad or deceitful. They just screwed up. The current drop rates are probably the ones they intended all along. It couldn't have occurred to them that raising the drop rate for reviewers, and then decreasing it, would make it look like they were trying to game the system. And it couldn't have occurred to them because this is a pretty novel error. I don't recall anyone else making a mistake quite like this.

Thank you. Not sure what I'm supposed to be mad about. A feature change prior to release? I'm just enjoying a fun fighting with loads of content.

Imagine if I told you you can have this loaf of bread, you paid for it, but you get a slice at a time after a couple hours of work. You could pay for early access to your bread but the 2 hours seems pretty reasonable to you.

now, imagine if i also said, hey, i know you've paid for this loaf of bread, i know i said a couple of hours, but now it's 8 hours of work BUT dont forget that you could buy access to the whole loaf of bread you've already paid for for an additional cost.

If youre hungry and you want that stupid bread, which of the two options is better? Mind you, i don't think they really should make me work for the bread myself but hey nothing is free in this world.

I just deleted the patch and reinstalled off the disc. I unplugged my Ethernet cable to stop the patch. Now, I can't play the Krypt or 1-player Story mode without the patch.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wow. That is seriously dirty. Metacritic really needs to allow score updates. I hope reviewers change scores over something like this. It can have a huge impact on the gratification felt.

Allforce

I just deleted the patch and reinstalled off the disc. I unplugged my Ethernet cable to stop the patch. Now, I can't play the Krypt or 1-player Story mode without the patch.

I feel like in theory you did what we all hoped would work. That absolutely sucks if it's true and you can't go back to the original game at all.

epmode

NRS isn't trying to be bad or deceitful. They just screwed up. The current drop rates are probably the ones they intended all along. It couldn't have occurred to them that raising the drop rate for reviewers, and then decreasing it, would make it look like they were trying to game the system. And it couldn't have occurred to them because this is a pretty novel error. I don't recall anyone else making a mistake quite like this.

Because it's not a mistake. Occam's razor!

Raven77

Glad I decided to hold off on this game. If this is all true and they are trying to force microtransaction use into the game then fuck them. They'll never get my money.

Xenthar

this is the mentality that allows devs and publishers to get away with this kinda stuff. It may not be affecting your gameplay, but it affects others and is a disgusting practice.

If grinding gold to unlock everything in the krypt affect someone gameplay, they can always support them by buying that 19.99$ unlock bullshit. I remember the countless hours i spent to unlock everything in MK Deception( Twice ) with those multiple colored koins.

And those fatality token is a joke. Might aswell put special move token or win the game for me token. I seriously can't even imagine a single person buying them. I have 4 fatality token and i will never use them and i'm playing on very easy and sometime i can loose a round so im pretty bad.

Theres a reason why micro transaction is a thing you know. Even in a full priced game which is ridiculous. I wish people would stop supporting that in a full priced game.

wow. thats dumb that it may have blocked out the content until patch comes in

edit: nvm saw your post after

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Usually new saves don't work with old game versions.

Top Bottom