• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X is the biggest launch in MK history

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean?

In any case, check the dates in that thread then check the dates the netcode patches came out. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...rth-american-version-be-released-japan-later/

Have you actually tried any of these games online or are you just vomiting out other people's opinions without any critical thought?

That's pretty rich coming from someone who name dropped Xrd who doesn't actually have any posts in its official thread.

Fmal

Banned
That's pretty rich coming from someone who name dropped Xrd who doesn't actually have any posts in its official thread.

I don't have posts in a lot of threads for games I play. Can you post a screenshot of your stats page in MKX so I can see how many games you've played?

It's unfortunate. I want better fighting game netcode, but until it starts to have a material effect on sales, I don't see it happening in bigger fighters like MK and I'm limited to just playing with friends and family in person.

ArjanN

That game is such a step down from deception in almost every single way.
Konquest in D>A
Gameplay in D>A
Chess and puzzle combat>Mortal Kart racing
Normal fatalities>Kreate a fatality

Only thing I liked in Armageddon more was seeing all the old characters again even though the majority were all half assed and just borrowed styles from other characters in the game before.

I assumed he was being ironic about Armagedddon, none of the MKs between 3 and 9 were good games IMO.

Nemesis_

This thread went completely to shit. Such a shame.

If Ed is reading this I hope he knows that there are some people who started with the franchise on their SNES back when I was like, four years old and still playing and absolutely enamoured with how well MKX turned out :(

meanspartan

Oh, so you haven't played it. And you're just regurgitating shitty information in a really bad attempt at smug trolling. I think you're in the wrong place, r/Kappa is this way.

The person being the corporate apologist is saying other people are smug? lol

We are all just soooo entitled to expect to play every character they've shown in trailers aren't we? What a crazy demand.

meanspartan

If Ed is reading this I hope he knows that there are some people who started with the franchise on their SNES back when I was like, four years old and still playing and absolutely enamoured with how well MKX turned out :(

I dont think very many people here are saying it is shit, they are just calling out shitty business practices that are tainting an otherwise great game. And the Goro BS wasnt even the worst part, that patch to lower currency gains was absolutely disgusting.

Like I said before. I will buy the game later on when they decide to sell it in it's complete form. I won't pay $60 to be nickle and dimed for characters that were ready at launch.

Majestad

Banned
I dont think very many people here are saying it is shit, they are just calling out shitty business practices that are tainting an otherwise great game. And the Goro BS wasnt even the worst part, that patch to lower currency gains was absolutely disgusting.

Like I said before. I will buy the game later on when they decide to sell it in it's complete form. I won't pay $60 to be nickle and dimed for characters that were ready at launch.

That shit was debunked.

We are all just soooo entitled to expect to play every character they've shown in trailers aren't we? What a crazy demand.

Every trailer also told you to preorder if you wanted Goro for free so it's not like you didn't know before hand.

Fmal

Banned

Literally every trailer has spelled out the game's pricing structure in plain English. I don't understand your point.

Sayad

I don't care about micro-transaction that doesn't affect the game competitively, but Goro BS did it for me. I really want to play this, but I'd have to pay $95 to get the whole thing, actually, I was even ready to pay $90 until I found out that the "premium" edition wont get me Goro, it's more that I'd feel really stupid if I supported this shit than paying an extra $5.

Fmal

Banned
I don't care about micro-transaction that doesn't affect the game competitively, but Goro BS did it for me. I really want to play this, but I'd have to pay $95 to get the whole thing, actually, I was even ready to pay $90 until I found out that the "premium" edition wont get me Goro, it's more that I'd feel really stupid if I supported this shit than paying an extra $5.

If Goro means that much to you why didn't you just preorder then?

Because pre-ordering a game is sometimes a dangerous proposition. Games that seemed fine pre-release from reviews and other impressions can turn out horrendously buggy or have other issues.

Fmal

Banned
Because pre-ordering a game is sometimes a dangerous proposition. Games that seemed fine pre-release from reviews and other impressions can turn out horrendously buggy or have other issues.

Reviews for the game were out before launch. People have been playing it and giving impressions on it for over a week now.

Sayad

Goro doesn't mean much to me, nor was I planning to pick up the game until yesterday.

Reviews for the game were out before launch. People have been playing it and giving impressions on it for over a week now.
Can't get proper netcode impressions until the actual launch.

Games like Master Chief Collection got excellent pre-release review scores and very positive impressions before release but came out with almost non-functional online and a fair amount of single player bugs. Most pre-release impressions on the netcode were that it was mediocre. If you waited until the full retail release to see how the online was with more people playing then it was too late to get Goro.

And the Goro BS wasnt even the worst part, that patch to lower currency gains was absolutely disgusting.

Even if the patch actually did that(which it apparently didn't), no it wouldn't be. Goro being pre-order only and $5 on day 1 will always be WAY worse than anything else MKX has done, yet that's all people complain on and on about; the small stuff that is apparently the cancer that is killing gaming(I saw someone say that in one of the threads).

And you mentioned characters, plural. What other characters are finished on day one that you're being nickel and dimed for that aren't Goro?

haters-gonna-hate-cool-dog.jpg

this game is amazing

mekes

The game is great. My only gripe is with the netcode. I have a great ISP with great speeds, a great location and I haven't had a good experience with the online fights yet.

Still hopeful that I've just been unlucky with the opponents I've faced.

It's well deserved. This might be my favorite fighting game ever. It's the only one I've ever actually wanted to learn well enough to play online.

I'm not happy about the DLC/Preorder situation, but since the game is so well done and content complete even without the DLC, I can overlook it.

Trickster

Can't speak to console version, but pc version is legit fucked. I've still been getting drops, ctd's, issues with faction pages. So in the case of people who want the game on pc, they've been smarter than I to hold off and see how it turns out.

And reviews rarely are able to account for how games with a lot of online stuff will function these days. From what I understand, some websites held off on their MKX review because multiplayer servers weren't online at the time they were allowed to release reviews. Which is a pretty big and very important part of a fighting game

Locking a character as a pre-order dlc also leaves a sour taste. Especially when I have to look at his greyed out avatar image everytime I am on character select screen. It's locking a piece of the game behind a paywall for anyone who didn't blindly put down their money on a full price game, before launch. It's an anticonsumer thing to do, just to try and squeeze out some extra profit.

This thread is NASTY. The tension is thick.

Anyway, game is great. You can really see they took what made Injustice/MK9 good and built up on it. Game still has its faults (they need to iron out these connectivity issues) but it's pretty damn well put together and polished.

Dremark

Banned
Yeah but they've done a number of shady things over the years, including re-releasing games with minor updates at full price.

$40 isn't full price, the upgrades generally don't add many characters but have large changes to the systems and character balance and are released a while after. They also gave one of these upgrades for free which everyone conveniently ignores and game upgrades for fighting games have been standard practice since street fighter 2.

Skilletor

$40 isn't full price, the upgrades generally don't add many characters but have large changes to the systems and character balance and are released a while after. They also gave one of these upgrades for free which everyone conveniently ignores and game upgrades for fighting games have been standard practice since street fighter 2.

Lots of things have changes since sf2.

Top Bottom