• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

AAK

So here is my question for anyone more skilled than I. When playing Cassie Brawler obviously she is a rush down character so my prime placement on the battlefield is right in someones face playing the hi/low mixup game.

When someone has X-ray or meter for a potential wakeup. How can I keep pressure up while not leaving myself horribly exposed to get gobsmacked by a wakeup x-ray like a lot of people like doing.

I'm not skilled at all in MKX but I can say with confidence that using MKX's netcode... you can't.

Marvel

could never
I clawed my rankings back up to 18 and 28 with Ermac though so I'm getting there!

I feel you on that. I had around 85 wins 110 losses, I'm now up to 106 ish 111 I think. I takes time to find a character that gels well with you.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm an idiot, I thought all the Kombat Pack characters were dropping at the same time. At least Jason is first.

I'm planning to buy a Windows 8 key later today (unless someone has one spare :D) and start fresh, I spoke with an Nvidia rep and he told me they have one crash bug report on file and it's Windows 7 specific. At this point I'll try anything.

Manu

Anyone else already thinking which characters from the Kombat Pack you'll be trying?

I really wanna try Predator and Tremor.

KorrZ

I feel you on that. I had around 85 wins 110 losses, I'm now up to 106 ish 111 I think. I takes time to find a character that gels well with you.

Keep fighting the good fight brother! I'm hoping to get positive today when I get home. Hopefully land some combos this time as well! The input lag kills me though.

Garlador

Keep fighting the good fight brother! I'm hoping to get positive today when I get home. Hopefully land some combos this time as well! The input lag kills me though.

That's the biggest thing throwing off my timing. It's bizarre to go into practice mode and flawlessly pull off 10+ hit combos with ease, but then go online and all the timing is thrown off.

Nothing makes me feel like more of an idiot than punching in the right buttons and having my character stand there, then do something else entirely because of the input lag.

Maybe I just need to find a character that relies less on timely precision.

KorrZ

That's the biggest thing throwing off my timing. It's bizarre to go into practice mode and flawlessly pull off 10+ hit combos with ease, but then go online and all the timing is thrown off.

Nothing makes me feel like more of an idiot than punching in the right buttons and having my character stand there, then do something else entirely because of the input lag.

Maybe I just need to find a character that relies less on timely precision.

Same here. I spent an hour in training mode until I managed to get a modest 25% combo down flawess, as in I can hit it every single time. In online mode though, I haven't hit it even once.

I cannot get Mime Johnny Cage to unlock on PC even though I have unlocked Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana (I don't believe that Klassic Mileena and Injustice Scorpion can be unlocked yet.)

Did you claim your rewards in the app on your iPhone/iPad? Check your profile, then tap the console unlock rewards from there. WB Play servers can be crappy at times, but next to the tick marks on the console unlock section of the rewards, there is a "Claim" word that you can tap to claim the unlocked skins.

Then sign in back into your console WB Play login, and you should sync up your Mobile rewards to your console.

How did you unlock Klassic Kitana? If it has something to do with online thing (win X number of matches online, in any online mode, etc), I'm shit out of luck.

Xieldos

Just had the strangest King of the Hill match.

Guy (or gal) who was king had a 35 win streak so I expected to get beat but upon starting the match every time I hit circle I was met with a menu that asked if I wanted to quit while the game was still going on.

Needless to say this put me off and I duly got my ass handed to me. Anyone else experienced this?

Demoskinos

If the opponent is cornered, jump behind their back and punish. You can also jump back to where you were and apply some corner combos.
Yeah,OK. That makes sense. Awesome. Trying to get out of some of the bad habits I have. I think I'm on the precipice of getting pretty decent at this as soon as I train myself not to make some of the dumb mistakes that keep costing me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How did you unlock Klassic Kitana? If it has something to do with online thing (win X number of matches online, in any online mode, etc), I'm shit out of luck.

I've read that you have to get to level 40 on the mobile app. That's not really something I'd I want to waste time doing. :|

Did you claim your rewards in the app on your iPhone/iPad? Check your profile, then tap the console unlock rewards from there. WB Play servers can be crappy at times, but next to the tick marks on the console unlock section of the rewards, there is a "Claim" word that you can tap to claim the unlocked skins.

Then sign in back into your console WB Play login, and you should sync up your Mobile rewards to your console.

This is what my Mobile to Console unlock screen looks like:
MKXMobile.png

I don't see any way to claim Johnny Cage. When I unlocked Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana, it just had a check mark next to them.

To unlock Kitana, you have to level a character card to 40.

Also, my Console to Mobile unlock has zero check marks even though I have completed several of the tasks on PC. So I dunno, it just seems bugged.

Bought this game yesterday and I've become greatly discouraged over the past couple of hours. I can barely pull off combos as is and I see these people on youtube do these long ass strings. All I can think to myself is that shit isn't ever happening for me in an online match or any match for that matter. I don't know what it is but it feels like im either too fast or too slow during combo inputs. They just keep dropping. Been practicing all day with Kung Lao and it doesn't feel like im getting any better :/

I think the fist of fury comboo might be bugged or something as well. Basically the only way I can get it to come out is by placing both thumbs on the right side of the pad and mashing square and triangle.

I hope it gets better, but right now I kind of regret buying this.

Onemic

Bought this game yesterday and I've become greatly discouraged over the past couple of hours. I can barely pull off combos as is and I see these people on youtube do these long ass strings. All I can think to myself is that shit isn't ever happening for me in an online match or any match for that matter. I don't know what it is but it feels like im either too fast or too slow during combo inputs. They just keep dropping. Been practicing all day with Kung Lao and it doesn't feel like im getting any better :/

I think the fist of fury comboo might be bugged or something as well. Basically the only way I can get it to come out is by placing both thumbs on the right side of the pad and mashing square and triangle.

I hope it gets better, but right now I kind of regret buying this.

You have to input his fist of fury combo really fast for it to come out or else youll just get some random jab. It confused me too, at first.

I wouldnt recommend Kung Lao for a beginner, unless you're ok with hitting your head against the wall for a few hours/days to learn his combos. They're not easy.

If you want a character with simple combos pick brawler Cassie or Jax.

Reule

This is what my Mobile to Console unlock screen looks like:

I don't see any way to claim Johnny Cage. When I unlocked Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana, it just had a check mark next to them.

To unlock Kitana, you have to level a character card to 40.

Also, my Console to Mobile unlock has zero check marks even though I have completed several of the tasks on PC. So I dunno, it just seems bugged.
Have you tried logging out and logging back in while in MKX on your PC? Same thing happened to me because I wasn't getting rewards on mobile for things I did on the console version. That and not getting Future Raiden for logging in period.

By the way, there seems to be a glitch right now in the rewards screen on the mobile game. If you've smashed five objects in Test Your Might on the console version, you can keep claiming the reward on mobile. Eventually you will max out the card you get as a reward but then you can sell the additional cards for 1,200G each infinitely.

How far do you have to get for Farmer Jax? I haven't really checked too much but it said something about a third bracket, I think. I've completed four or five of the towers in Battle Mode.

Edit: Nevermind, just looked at it. I'm assuming the dividing lines on the map make up the brackets.

You have to input his fist of fury combo really fast for it to come out or else youll just get some random jab. It confused me too, at first.

I wouldnt recommend Kung Lao for a beginner, unless you're ok with hitting your head against the wall for a few hours/days to learn his combos. They're not easy.

If you want a character with simple combos pick brawler Cassie or Jax.

I might give that a go then. I have a good internet connection and the few online matches that aren't shit I get completely worked by someone with like 400/500 wins and maybe 20-60 loss. The struggle is real :/

Locust

Why does erron have an overhead that goes into a low? That shit seems pretty dirty to me imo.
Haha, I was actually trying that out online couple of days ago just to see how far I can get with just that comboed into tarkatan blade. Not many people knew how to defend against it. :p

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So here is my question for anyone more skilled than I. When playing Cassie Brawler obviously she is a rush down character so my prime placement on the battlefield is right in someones face playing the hi/low mixup game.

When someone has X-ray or meter for a potential wakeup. How can I keep pressure up while not leaving myself horribly exposed to get gobsmacked by a wakeup x-ray like a lot of people like doing.

Yeah, that is her biggest problem. Unfortunately it just takes a lot of work memorizing who has what types of wake ups and X-Rays and you just have to respect their wake up space a bit more. Have to know if to block high or low. For characters with good wake ups (Kung Lao!) or those with good armor wakeups I tend to hover 2-3 character spaces outside normal. Her DF+3 combo only works up close so its effectiveness is minimized. However ->+3,3,3 works from pretty far away. Also brawler tackle works from pretty far away.

Sigmaah said:
Why does erron have an overhead that goes into a low? That shit seems pretty dirty to me imo.

That's what makes him a top tier character. High low is so hard!

I might give that a go then. I have a good internet connection and the few online matches that aren't shit I get completely worked by someone with like 400/500 wins and maybe 20-60 loss. The struggle is real :/

I'm in the same boat (I started with Jax).

- The matchmaking is either terrible or there are literally no other players as new as me. It always matches me against guys that basically destroy me.

- I fought a person playing Kitana and I was just blown away by the fact that I basically couldn't do a thing. She was hitting me so fast / often it was just embarrassing lol

- question for anyone reading: what is the correct course of action if you are hit with several hits in a row. Is there anything you can do? To me that's an odd part of the game design (being unable to block a string of several hits). I get that it's part of the game, but it seems like you should have a defense of some sort. If it's breakers...I guess I suck at those too :D

So anyway - love the game, beautiful presentation and stuff, but not very happy with matchmaking. Also just seems to take a long time overall to find matches or join online even with fast internet.

Marvel

could never

It is.

Gl to you! if you're on PS4 my psn is Assassio. Should you wish some friendlies (EU) so I hit positive just now, + 2 lol. Sub Zero is now my guy, freezing people constantly. I feel all dirty.

Unbreakable's frost shield is surprisingly useful!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone have a working WBID with Klassic Kitana that they would be willing to share?

Asking again. Would like to test to see if I can login with one ID, save, then log out and log back in with my own ID and keep the unlocked rewards.

- The matchmaking is either terrible or there are literally no other players as new as me. It always matches me against guys that basically destroy me.

- I fought a person playing Kitana and I was just blown away by the fact that I basically couldn't do a thing. She was hitting me so fast / often it was just embarrassing lol

- question for anyone reading: what is the correct course of action if you are hit with several hits in a row. Is there anything you can do? To me that's an odd part of the game design (being unable to block a string of several hits). I get that it's part of the game, but it seems like you should have a defense of some sort. If it's breakers...I guess I suck at those too :D

So anyway - love the game, beautiful presentation and stuff, but not very happy with matchmaking. Also just seems to take a long time overall to find matches or join online even with fast internet.

Brother from another mother. I think that for me is one of the worst parts about this learning curve I'm going through right now. It's like im bouncing around from one extreme to the next with no bell curve in terms of difficulty. I know other people have said go to the single player, but the matches there don't really happen as organically (hate even using that word) as they would online. I don't think I've been spanked this hard in other fighting games outside of SxT in a long time, and I'm no spring chicken to fighting games.

It's just frustrating to see an opening and not be able to punish because of either general lag, input lag or combos dropping. And then I get hit by some long string for 35% of my health and my thoughts can be summed up thusly:

31304793.jpg

RM8

It's pretty sad going from USFIV to MKX netcode-wise. How come they just can't get it right? :( In other news I'm warming up to Liu Kang, he's fun.

Carlow

the MM is really bad, it seems just to be random - there are plenty of new players online just aren't often matched against each other, and are more often lambs to the slaughter

Case and point, i double Flawless'd 1 guy, only to get matched against him again the following match(ranked), it really is that bad.

I think I successfully duped my WBPlay account with Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana Unlocked.

If a couple people want to DM me, I will give them the login/password and we can test it before making it public (I want to make sure it doesn't affect my real account).

Edit: The dupe didn't work like I thought it did. Associating your account with one email disassociates it with the original email (instead of making a copy associated to each email).

Sorry folks

Demoskinos

I think I successfully duped my WBPlay account with Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana Unlocked.

If a couple people want to DM me, I will give them the login/password and we can test it before making it public (I want to make sure it doesn't affect my real account).

I don't know that I'd make it public... guy on Gamefaqs did that then he logged into his e-mail with like 30 e-mails on attempted password changes.

Also, Fighting Commander 4 ordered from Play-Asia! Can't wait.

What in the FUCK determines who you fight in ranked? Because for some reason I keep getting matched with killers that have hundreds of fucking wins. This shit is stupid. Right out the gate, first ranked match I ever played, dude had like 200 wins, and it just continued like that. I couldn't do a fucking thing against anyone.

Top Bottom