• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

What in the FUCK determines who you fight in ranked? Because for some reason I keep getting matched with killers that have hundreds of fucking wins. This shit is stupid. Right out the gate, first ranked match I ever played, dude had like 200 wins, and it just continued like that. I couldn't do a fucking thing against anyone.

Word of advise Ranked games means shit in NRS games just do rooms its the exact same thing other than the random matches and trophys

Demoskinos

Um what? I checked this morning and it said White Lotus won...why are Lin Kuei shown as the faction champion?

CDoHY6yW0AEgwco.jpg

Onemic

What in the FUCK determines who you fight in ranked? Because for some reason I keep getting matched with killers that have hundreds of fucking wins. This shit is stupid. Right out the gate, first ranked match I ever played, dude had like 200 wins, and it just continued like that. I couldn't do a fucking thing against anyone.

The matchmaking in MKX is really, really bad. Expect your experience to be the norm. Just avoid ranked like the plague until you're up to a level where you feel you can take on players that know what theyre doing.

shaowebb

Man...I am not digging Goro at all. I'm poking my way through the cast looking for characters that feel good to go in and poke through all their variations and its hit or miss. Lots of surprises so far on what I'm liking.

So far the top 5 I have been getting mileage and fun out of.

• Liu Kang (Flame Fist)
  • Jax (wrestler)
  • Sonya Blade (all)
  • Erron Black (Outlaw)
  • Sub Zero (Grandmaster/Cryomancer)

Current Hopefuls I will browse next:
  • D'vorah (All...looking at Venomous since I like Erron Black gradual damage stuff)
  • Mileena (Piercing looks really fun. Plus I dig her mix of rushdown tools)
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God. I love the grab and the heal. Didn't dig Blood God sadly.)
  • Cassie Cage (all. I really enjoyed her stuff in story. Plus her personality is amazing.)

Cast I've ruled out after trying.
  • Goro...he just feels too clunky for me. Only fun thing is punchwalk.
  • Kung Jin. He's good but he doesn't click for me. Pass
  • Raiden. I just don't get excited over any of his strings.

Online is fucking broken bullshit. Just trying to do my 3 ranked faction wins and its hard to 1 even get a match in a decent amount of time then ranked modes put new players with less than 10 games played again people with 300-5 records ? Worst match making ever.

This game is still barely playable online on PC. What a goddamn joke.

I should never have bought into this knowing High Voltage Software were doing the port. I wish I could claim a refund but I'd never get it.

Man...I am not digging Goro at all. I'm poking my way through the cast looking for characters that feel good to go in and poke through all their variations and its hit or miss. Lots of surprises so far on what I'm liking.

I can use Goro just fine, but I don't really have a lot of fun with him. I think my favorites at the moment are Cassie and D'vorah. Jacqui is pretty fun, too. Mileena is actually rather easy to use.

I'm like 600/75 on KOTH with Goro. He's a beast. You have to use Goro's d1, d3, b3~punchwalk, or sweep for his fast strings. Use f3~punchwalk for range. Punchwalk puts them in the corner and go to work on them.

I'm going to get into Quan Chi next

shaowebb

This game is still barely playable online on PC. What a goddamn joke.

I should never have bought into this knowing High Voltage Software were doing the port. I wish I could claim a refund but I'd never get it.

Same. Its honestly pretty much unplayable offline on my radeon. Frame drops are just ridiculous. I thought it was working all right sunday but I foolishly made that assumption after playing on the simulator stage. If you haven't got an Nvidia for the Physx processing and Optimization tools you are pretty much screwed.

This game will have to be double dipped upon by me to fully enjoy it at all. Its really really really ugly on PC at the moment but I'm playing through anyways. I like the combat.

Onemic

Same. Its honestly pretty much unplayable offline on my radeon. Frame drops are just ridiculous. I thought it was working all right sunday but I foolishly made that assumption after playing on the simulator stage. If you haven't got an Nvidia for the Physx processing and Optimization tools you are pretty much screwed.

This game will have to be double dipped upon by me to fully enjoy it at all. Its really really really ugly on PC at the moment but I'm playing through anyways. I like the combat.

ya, my R9 270x struggles to maintain 60fps at the sky temple. Shit is a joke.

Currently I get big stabs of visual lag, like shit just freezes for a few seconds then everything suddenly catches up when single player. In online multiplayer, there's the same, coupled with incredible input lag and matches just not connecting most of the time.

I swear, Warner Bros are such a shit publisher when it comes to who handles their PC ports. I'm sure the only reason the Arkham games and Shadow of Mordor are good on PC is because they actually let the studio dev them internally instead of outsourcing them.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Man, I dunno why I should bother playing Ranked matches when every time I'm always grouped with someone unfathomably better than I am right now.

Nuke Soda

Man, I dunno why I should bother playing Ranked matches when every time I'm always grouped with someone unfathomably better than I am right now.

I welcome you to the player matches where the Wins/loses don't matter and you can have fun, except against Sub-Zero and Scorpion players.

MiguelItUp

Strange, I guess ATI hardware is having issues with the game on PC? I'm playing with a 970 and I haven't noticed anything. My experience has actually been pretty flawless, aside from the whole Steam installation issue on launch day.

Strange, I guess ATI hardware is having issues with the game on PC? I'm playing with a 970 and I haven't noticed anything. My experience has actually been pretty flawless, aside from the whole Steam installation issue on launch day.

i5 3570k, 8gb ram, 780 Ti here and I get the occasional lag/stutter in the game (it's mainly during the loading screen transition, sometimes as the "stage" first pops up on screen and sometimes after "Round 1/2 FIGHT" is announced.

zlatko

Banned
I want to main Cassie Cage, but in a sea of characters who don't need run combos, and her needing them, I just find it a chore to play her. I have to work 30X harder than the other guy, and get meh damage compared to a lot of the cast who can dial it in without any issues.

With that said I REALLY want to main Reptile as my 2nd choice. I love his design in this game... his damage is ass from me doing stuff on my own though. People say he's fast, but really his walk speed is shit and so are his dashes compared to say Kano or even Sub Z's dashes.

Still, I'll check out testyourmight.com and see what I can pull out of my ass for combos. If they are doable then I'm in. I know that I'm not doing any Nimble stuff online so I'll go with his Poison Aura variation. Seems to deal fairly well with people who want to block all the time.

Xevren

I want to main Cassie Cage, but in a sea of characters who don't need run combos, and her needing them, I just find it a chore to play her. I have to work 30X harder than the other guy, and get meh damage compared to a lot of the cast who can dial it in without any issues.

With that said I REALLY want to main Reptile as my 2nd choice. I love his design in this game... his damage is ass from me doing stuff on my own though. People say he's fast, but really his walk speed is shit and so are his dashes compared to say Kano or even Sub Z's dashes.

Still, I'll check out testyourmight.com and see what I can pull out of my ass for combos. If they are doable then I'm in. I know that I'm not doing any Nimble stuff online so I'll go with his Poison Aura variation. Seems to deal fairly well with people who want to block all the time.

If he had good damage he'd be borderline broken. His b2 and b3 are incredibly difficult to react to so mixing people up is a matter of when and not if, but learning to convert properly is something people are struggling on. And who the hell dashes when run is in the game? Hell if they're full screen just do his reptile dash, it's just as insane as ever.

patchday

I'd play (PS4) owner. I'm sandboxgod

Always so weird to read the complaints from the PC MK-X players. Any ps4 owners experiencing online issues? I just played a match earlier today and it seemed buttery smooth (granted, havent won anything yet)

I think all my combos worked just fine. Even came close to winning but got punked at the end. Which is kind of frustrating. I'll keep trying though. A win will come to me one of these days

zlatko

Banned
If he had good damage he'd be borderline broken. His b2 and b3 are incredibly difficult to react to so mixing people up is a matter of when and not if, but learning to convert properly is something people are struggling on. And who the hell dashes when run is in the game? Hell if they're full screen just do his reptile dash, it's just as insane as ever.

Run costs meter, is not safe, and is super exposed to you are doing it. I really don't see anyone run in this game outside of combos...

Where are you seeing morons just full screen run is the real question? Or hell even mid/close run? Dash is still where it's at. That hasn't changed.

Also, when you say Reptile Dash do you mean his back forward 2 ? Because that has insane recovery doesn't it if you just do it? Also can be punished if blocked? Or do you mean his back froward 4? Same thing there.

I'm confused by this advice big time...

Xevren

Run costs meter, is not safe, and is super exposed to you are doing it. I really don't see anyone run in this game outside of combos...

Where are you seeing morons just full screen run is the real question? Or hell even mid/close run? Dash is still where it's at. That hasn't changed.

Also, when you say Reptile Dash do you mean his back forward 2 ? Because that has insane recovery doesn't it if you just do it? Also can be punished if blocked? Or do you mean his back froward 4? Same thing there.

I'm confused by this advice big time...

People only run in combo's? I'm done, go be your online warrior dude.

patchday

Yeah I beat a random player in a 'player match'

Think I just lost to Demoskinos in a ranked match

Yeah I never did feel comfortable enough to fight online in Injustice. With this game I decided upfront I would just hop online soon as I finished the story. Been having a blast. Never even tried playing a fighting game online before.

Demoskinos

Yeah I beat a random player in a 'player match'

Think I just lost to Demoskinos in a ranked match

Yeah I never did feel comfortable enough to fight online in Injustice. With this game I decided upfront I would just hop online soon as I finished the story. Been having a blast. Never even tried playing a fighting game online before.

Oh?

zlatko

Banned
People only run in combo's? I'm done, go be your online warrior dude.

I just don't see anyone in high level play do it.

I guess I need to watch more streams and tournies but yeah.... Got some videos of it being used in a useful manner?

I'm all for learning where to put it into play.

secondratesaint

Neo Member
I logged in this morning, and was greeted to Ninja Mime Johnny, a bunch of icons and koins, and some other stuff too. Not sure why; I've been Black Dragon, AND use Android so I don't even have access to the game.

Oh well, not complaining.

They've already improved Tanya, she looks leagues better in the preview ad on the main menu now. Glad to see that:

FOer3u3.jpg

edit: this is how she looked in story mode in comparison:
28mbJIr.png

So mad about how bad multiplayer is, Amazon rep is willing to let me return my coarse edition for a full refund even though I've had it since launch. Kinda tempted to since online is unplayable with it matching me up with people who are 400-2 all the time.

Top Bottom