• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

sam777

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy? I haven't gotten my Goro code, and it wasn't on the receipt... I did in-store pick up, too, so hopefully it pops up in my email like it usually does.

EDIT: I guess they might not have sent them yet? My order still says "in process"...

In the UK, the Goro codes are in the game case, so I would have thought it would have been the same in the U.S.

How the hell are you supposed to play Kotal Kahn? I really want to get good with him since I like him as a character, but he's so damn slow. I even lost to
Tanya
in story mode with him on normal.

And it continues on! Every has that on Kotal. That he's slow, haha. I'll jump on later on today to get things going for him.

I am the kind of alien who plays everything with analog, I just can't go back to d-pad in most cases.

I only use the D-Pad for MK and directional characters in Killer Instinct. A couple times using it to do shoryukens. xP

Lord Phol

Game seems to be installing fine and I just played a match at pack 20 or so! I successfully redeemed a Goro-key but he's still not available to pick and he doesn't show up in my dlc :s. Could someone who has Goro on Steam check if he shows up in the dlc list? All I see are the Install packages.

While MKX isnt ugly, MK9 did have a much cleaner and neater look.

Why is this even up for discussion? I've played MK9 in the last few days. It hasn't aged well. What makes it "cleaner and neater" is a relative lack of effects.

MKX is a beautiful game.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a Valve issue. Maybe the PC game just wasn't done and now they are feeding us finished portions piecemeal.

The PC version is playable, just not complete.

It was never going to unlock until 10am Pacific, according to Steam.

MrBlonde

can someone answer if the Goro code is in all launch copies or do I need to pick up my reserve?

The reason I ask is I want to grab this today but my reserve is not near my job so I might just run to wal mart but dont want to lose out on Goro.

RM8

What's the phone game you get costumes with? How long does it take to unlock them?
This is yet another can of worms. The mobile game is broken, it's impossible for me to log in even after following WBPlay's advice of re-installing the app which deleted my progress and didn't fix anything. Not to mention you progress very slowly, there are energy meters, and the game clearly wants you to spend money. Oh and the game is just not fun, it's only a grindfest to get a handful of costumes, ugh. I'm so bitter about MK right now :( I could have bought Etrian Mystery Dungeon or Monster Hunter 4U and wait for MKX PC to go on sale after it's actually playable.

Bring that Street Fighter V beta soon, to be honest.

Marvel

could never
Before starting story without even going into practice, I hopped into a MP game thinking I could wing it. Oh how wrong I was, lol. Kung Lao beat the shit outta me, though the guy was a high rank.

Looking forward to learning some shit before I head back in.

Seems I made a mistake buying this game on PC.
I range between 30-40 FPS no matter what I do to the graphic settings.
:'(
Running on 4790k, 6870HD
:/

Ferrio

Banned
What' does Khan's sun thing do? You'd think they'd give a note on it's purpose in the movelist... kinda just stumbled through his story mode part. I assume it does some powerup, as I noticed his throw becomes stronger the more you do it.

Marvel

could never
What' does Khan's sun thing do? You'd think they'd give a note on it's purpose in the movelist... kinda just stumbled through his story mode part. I assume it does some powerup, as I noticed his throw becomes stronger the more you do it.

Stand inside it to heal yourself, get your opponent inside of it to hurt them.

B3N1

Finally got home.

Joined Lin Kuei, started with tutorial, then practiced some with Cassie an Sub, went online after trying a few combos. 1st match I had a rough 1 second lag against Ermac with Cassie, it was fun, but my specials did not really work there. The other match I played against an Ermac/Takeda again with Cass/Sub. It was a fucking blast, response was great, my opponent seemed to have fun too, matches were usually taking 3 rounds and <30% health on the winner (usually their) side.

Grandmaster Sub statue throw is so awesome.

What do you mean its a bad port ( pc version) ??
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028950
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029016

High Voltage did the PC, PS3, and 360 versions.
Also,
Seems I made a mistake buying this game on PC.
I range between 30-40 FPS no matter what I do to the graphic settings.
:'(
Running on 4790k, 6870HD
:/
Yeah...
Xenoverse is a really good fighting game port, so they have no excuse.

JackEtc

It's a lot better to press the directional buttons separately. Try it out and see if it helps you out.

Thinking about that here in class without a controller in front of me, it seems that I wouldn't be able to separately press them that fast, but I'm definitely gonna try this out and take your advice. Thanks!

MrBlonde

can someone answer if the Goro code is in all launch copies or do I need to pick up my reserve?

The reason I ask is I want to grab this today but my reserve is not near my job so I might just run to wal mart but dont want to lose out on Goro.

can anyone help me out here?

Thinking about that here in class without a controller in front of me, it seems that I wouldn't be able to separately press them that fast, but I'm definitely gonna try this out and take your advice. Thanks!

No problem! It may feel weird at first, but with a fair bit of time you end up getting used to it. I hope it helps!

If not.
You could always change the directional inputs into QC movements.

u76RUpN.jpg

Why can't I select story mode?

Top Bottom