• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Anticipated Movies of '08!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Kastrioti said:
Is Sin City 2 coming out in 08?

Not a chance. I don't think it has even been written yet.

My top 5 anticipated movies of '08:

1) The Dark Knight
2) Bond 22
3) Cloverfield
4) Iron Man
5) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skrull (that's the title right?)

jey_16

Banned
VOTE 1 = THE DARK KNIGHT

Iron Man
Indy 4
Cloverfield
Bond 22
Speed Racer
Star Trek XI
Wall-E
Harold & Kumar 2

Basch

This thread needs more pictures. If you guys find something astounding, link trailers, pics, anything. This is not a competing list game. This is for anybody who would like to learn about upcoming movies. Actual footage helps convey this. So get to it. Meanwhile I captured 38 shots from the Prince Caspian trailer. It just goes to show how amazing the set designs, clothing choices, armor models, special effects, lighting, acting, complexity, and visual style are. Truly impressive stuff. Prepare for a bombardment that you could have never imagined. :lol

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture01.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture02.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture03.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture04.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture05.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture06.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture07.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture08.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture09.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture10.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture11.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture12.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture13.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture14.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture15.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture16.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture17.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture18.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture19.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture20.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture21.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture22.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture23.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture24.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture25.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture26.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture27.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture28.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture29.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture30.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture31.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture32.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture33.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture34.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture35.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture36.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture37.jpg

PrinceCaspianTrailerCapture38.jpg

---------------

Did you survive? :D

1. The Dark Knight
2. Indiana Jones
3. WALL-E
4. Speed Racer
5. Cloverfield

For fuck sake, can the poster above just link to the trailer rather than posting the entire thing in picture form?

Basch

Scullibundo said:
For fuck sake, can the poster above just link to the trailer rather than posting the entire thing in picture form?

No. :lol I don't think many saw the trailer. A lot of those pictures I took are quite hard to see at normal speed. Plus, they're pretty. So plus two for me. And a minus one for you for not noticing I linked it in the OP.

Some of the pictures are funny, though. :D

Basch

God d@mnnit! Stop it with the lists. People, get some pictures, trailers, or (God forbid) even descriptions. Or at least include reasons why it is your most anticipated. Maybe someone is looking forward to a movie and wants to know more about it. You could help. Post the good stuff. I know you can do it. Lists don't help anything. :D

When does There Will Be Blood come out? That's about all I want to see.

EDIT: Oh, right. And the X-Files flick, and maybe Cloverfield. And The Dark Knight.

That Star Trek movie is going to blow.

Basch

Night_Trekker said:

There Will Be Blood is out on December 26 of this year for America. The movie will be screened for a limited time. Now back to '08.

Basch said:
There Will Be Blood is out on December 26 of this year for America. The movie will be screened for a limited time. Now back to '08.

Thank you! :D

I'll throw in Indy, too. I'm not expecting it to be great but I want to believe.

Basch

Night_Trekker said:

EDIT: Oh, right. And the X-Files flick, and maybe Cloverfield. And The Dark Knight.

That Star Trek movie is going to blow.

I'll throw in Indy, too. I'm not expecting it to be great but I want to believe.

Would you quit adding more titles? Goodness! First it was just There Will Be Blood. Now this? I'll help you out. There is a little site known as the Internet Movie DataBase. I suggest you start acquainting yourself with it. :D

Basch

vectorman06 said:
Ironman
Clover Field
Dark Knight
Indy 4
X-Files

We're not getting anywhere are we? Why do people read the thread title, ignore the OP, and then post they're list without any further description. I know you guys are looking forward to it and are probably really excited, but lists don't express that. Dig deeper guys. :D

Can I still salvage this thread?
:lol

Basch said:
Would you quit adding more titles? Goodness! First it was just There Will Be Blood. Now this? I'll help you out. There is a little site known as the Internet Movie DataBase. I suggest you start acquainting yourself with it. :D

:lol

I forgot completely about most of the ones already listed in the thread, and then hurried to add them in.

And I have an editing problem.

Basch

Brian Fellows said:
Shouldnt the Pevensies be grown up when they go back to Narnia?

My brother read the books and said there is a reason that they don't. But it escapes me right now.
I think it has to do with the fact that after they exited the wardrobe, they could resume their normal lives. Their Narnian lives are dependent on the real ones and wherever they're at with the real ones is continued on in the Narnia ones. This method does not work the other way.
Maybe someone else can explain it better. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Basch said:
My brother read the books and said there is a reason that they don't. But it escapes me right now.
I think it has to do with the fact that after they exited the wardrobe, they could resume their normal lives. Their Narnian lives are dependent on the real ones and wherever they're at with the real ones is continued on in the Narnia ones. This method does not work the other way.
Maybe someone else can explain it better. :lol

Works for me. Its been about 15 years since I read the books.

Basch

Know what? I am going to revamp the thread tomorrow. I will change the OP and add in a bunch of your guys' favorites. But promise me you will stop the lists. Give me posters, pictures, trailers, and/or news. I will add them later, if they are popular enough. Oh yeah, one more thing. This is not elementary school. People have opinions. Respect them. They are just as important as yours. So do not comment if your just going to put the person down: not right. This goes for future reference as well.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I am looking forward to:
IN JANUARY ALONE:
Be Kind Rewind
Cloverfield
John Rambo (I can't believe that January is getting a month like this, 3 movies that I really want to see plus all the awards films that didn't come to Kansas in December)

THE OTHER 3 BIG ONES:
The Dark Knight
Wall-E
Hellboy 2

ONES THAT I WILL PROBABLY SEE WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK:
Indy 4
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Star Trek (I hate Star Trek but I am interested in this reboot)\
10,000 BC

Rambo above all else, easily. Iron-Man comes next. Get Smart and Major Movie Star are two others I'll definitely catch. There are lots of others.

What's the word on GI Joe, is that probably an '09 release or what? If it's '08, even in this weird U.N. form, I still am very interested in that.

Dahbomb

PhoenixDark said:
The Dark Knight is the only big "blockbuster" film of 2008 that is a done deal in terms of quality; it's going to rock, end of story. It's the only big film I'm anticipating in 2008 for that reason.
QFT. Dark Knight is fail proof at this point. It will take divine intervention for it to not be Blockbuster Movie of 2008.

Weenerz

Banned
The Dark Knight has so much going for it, it really will take something huge to make it not suck. From the leaked info about the imax trailer, to the huge viral campaign giving details about the movies history. If its as good as Batman Begins, it will already be an incredible movie.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Basch said:
Know what? I am going to revamp the thread tomorrow. I will change the OP and add in a bunch of your guys' favorites. But promise me you will stop the lists. Give me posters, pictures, trailers, and/or news. I will add them later, if they are popular enough. Oh yeah, one more thing. This is not elementary school. People have opinions. Respect them. They are just as important as yours. So do not comment if your just going to put the person down: not right. This goes for future reference as well.
If you need a site, I posted this
Its a bit out of date, but its all on one page, pretty much a good chuck of the big ones, summaries, casts, buzz and such. If you need help with trailers too. I can assist with that.

LordMaji

From the trailer Prince Caspian already looks more visually appealing then the first did. Hopefully it is leaps and bounds better. I enjoyed the first, but some of it just seemed... well... forced & the special effects were meh.

:p

Oh and Rambo looks fucking awesome so far.

Basch

shintoki said:
If you need a site, I posted this
Its a bit out of date, but its all on one page, pretty much a good chuck of the big ones, summaries, casts, buzz and such. If you need help with trailers too. I can assist with that.

I did try to start it, but then the Internet collapsed on me. I lost all the information I was writing, but I don't give up that easily. I'll try again and, this time, update often. :D

mr stroke

Phoenix said:

+1

Indy and X-files2 of course..
this is hard to judge this early in the year because the only movies we really know about are summer movie popcorn crap..

some others so far-

funnygames1_large.jpg

jumper-movie-poster.jpg

myblueberrynights_00.jpg

wanted-poster.jpg

speedracer1.jpg

211_large.jpg

Basch

The OP has been updated. 10,000 BC has been added. Next, the Dark Knight. As time goes on, I will go back and add still shots and the such, but, for now, this will have to do. :D

Basch

Updated OP with The Dark Knight. Included info, poster, and trailer. Next will be Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But I think I will do that later. :D

Kastro

Banned
mr stroke said:
FUNNY GAMES

I saw the trailer for this at No Country for Old Men.. looks bizarre. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be humerous dark comedy or disturbing based on the music used in the trailer.

Rimshot

Doubledex said:
WHAT??? Is this confirmed??? Or a joke? ;-(

rambo-to-hell-and-back-poster.jpg

My friend is in this movie :)

He met Stalone while he was having his semester in Thailand. They took a drink and Stalone said they were going to shoot a snake fight later and that he could be in it as one of the audience to the snake fight :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Off the top of my head (and looking at a list):

Be Kind Rewind
Bond 22
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Cloverfield
The Dark Knight
Hancock
The Happening
Hellboy 2
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The International
Iron Man
Jumper
Rambo
Speed Racer
Wall-E

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hasn't been mentioned in thread more than once so..

normal_hbpposter.jpg

not a real poster...

Also looking forward to..

Star Trek
Hellboy II
Cloverfield
Ironman
Indiana Jones
The Dark Knight
Wall-E
Prince Caspian

Azuran