• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most improved studios for next generation?

Ar¢tos

That would require Sony being actually willing to spend money on their first-party...
Or save money by cutting Japan Studio in half. One of their biggest studios and one of the ones with the least to show.
What did they do this gen besides The Last Guardian, Knack 2 and Astrobot?
All those people just doing 3rd party support?
They have enough people to make a AAA game every year/2 years.

Tschumi

I think guerrilla games, long time greats in my book, will come up alongside CDPR et al as leading lights of the industry, with a reboot of Killzone and continued support for Horizon~

Hudo

Or save money by cutting Japan Studio in half. One of their biggest studios and one of the ones with the least to show.
What did they do this gen besides The Last Guardian, Knack 2 and Astrobot?
All those people just doing 3rd party support?
They have enough people to make a AAA game every year/2 years.
Yeah, Sony's neglect of Japan Studio is really sad. I still think that Japan Studio has the potential to be THE premier Sony studio. But as far as I know, they're mostly on support duty...

PresetError

Neophyte
Capcom finishes the current gen absolutely on fire. Its 3 development studios have found major success. Resident Evil is cool again, Monster Hunter has exploded worldwide, Devil May Cry and Street Fighter have been resurrected.

Sony has established Guerrilla Games and Sucker Punch as major AAA studios. Let's see if they can do the same with Bend and San Diego for next gen.

I'm very curious about Asobo Studio after A Plague Tale: Innocence. They are currently developing Flight Simulator for Microsoft but I hope they return to single player narrative games at some point.

Amornalx

Banned
Im going to revive this thread with my 10 studios that i think will improve this generation:
1.- Cygames.
2.- Mihoyo.
3.- Ninja Theory.
4.- Inxile Entertainment.
5.- Compulsion Games.
6.- Kojima Productions.
7.- Arc System Works.
8.- IO Interactive.
9.- Pearl Abyss.
10.- Dontnod Entertainment

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I am hoping Bethesda can make the list. Improving animations and character models will be a big step up for them and on par with other developers.

Top Bottom