• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most ominous photos ever taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is Colorado right now

10Z4L.jpg

Half the people in this thread should look up the meaning of ominous:

"Giving the impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen."

You can repeat it as much as you want, but sadly, it's not going to sink it.

See the "Iconic shots from movies" threads. They quickly, within a few replies, turn into "your favourite scenes from movies" threads.

Cat Party

How accurate was actually the portrayal in "Saving Private Ryan" ?

Did soldiers really get shot the second the ramps got lowered?

Absolutely. The German gunners trained the sights on the boat and just waited for the door to drop. This caused some troops to bail out over the sides of the boats, and many hundreds drowned because the water was too deep and their kits were too heavy.

Cat Party

It looks like a still from one of those pretend natural disaster shows on Discovery or whatever. Looks like cheap CG, not a shop.

mercviper

Not the most ominous picture ever, but I took this on my way to work about a year and a half ago.

qdQxa.jpg

That shot is from the driver side window, and you could see it straight in front of me as well as it tapering off to my right on the passenger side window.

I didn't even notice it until in my mid-morning stupor I suddenly had the thought, "Wow we have a pretty nice mountainside backdrop in
Houston
. Wait a minute..."

Definitely felt like I was driving towards my doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom