• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother 3 = April 20 (in Japan)

AniHawk

Awwwwwwwwww yeah!

a1ef7c6ae3b7992be3354e3a50a7019d.gif

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
That's almost my birthday.

You know what this means? A game I don't much care about is almost coming out on my birthday!!1

Amir0x

Banned
Idioteque said:
Have they even shown screens of this game yet?

No! Come on already Nintendo! They just gonna reveal screens like a week before the game releases? Fuck, so long the wait... been so long.

I remain bitter until US release is announced.

A week after Tales of the Tempest and 2 weeks after Xenosaga I and II. :lol

Japan should have a long period of game time, and cancel all other activities that are meaningless like jobs and school.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
No! Come on already Nintendo! They just gonna reveal screens like a week before the game releases? Fuck, so long the wait... been so long.

Don't worry, I plan on importing this one. It'll get a US release. :p

Amir0x

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Don't worry, I plan on importing this one. It'll get a US release. :p

Har! But importing is not acceptable for a Mother game, nor is a third-rate fan translation. If Nintendo does not bring this to the US, they are an officially dead company. Not worth discussion ever!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
Har! But importing is not acceptable for a Mother game, nor is a third-rate fan translation. If Nintendo does not bring this to the US, they are an officially dead company. Not worth discussion ever!

I'll let you know if it sucks or not.

Amir0x

Banned
demi said:
You do know this game will be translated by fans in no time, right.
Amir0x said:
But importing is not acceptable for a Mother game, nor is a third-rate fan translation.

Nintendo has to take responsibility for this series, and they have to do a fucking awesome job of translating. If they do not show RESPECT for the US Earthbound fans, they are confirmed dead and will exist no more in my dark, crippled heart.

demi

Amir0x said:
Nintendo has to take responsibility for this series, and they have to do a fucking awesome job of translating. If they do not show RESPECT for the US Earthbound fans, they are confirmed dead and will exist no more in my dark, crippled heart.

Erm...

yeah...

Bye

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Despite not being overly fond of Earthbound, I will buy this if it has the battle music that was originally planned for the N64 version and was released after it was cancelled.

RevenantKioku

Amir0x said:

Can you just imagine a fan translation? Eight some years of waiting for this game is liable to break a man.
I'm slightly pumped for this, but cautious. I have been burned by many a sequel.

Tsubaki

clearacell said:
what does it say exactly?

■『MOTHER3』の発売日が、決まりました。
 2006年4月20日(木)です

Mother 3's release date has been decided. It is April 20, 2006.

MrDaravon

I'd be more excited but the fact that Mother 1 + 2 never came out here (which seems like a no fucking brainer) makes me skeptical of a release of 3 here.

RevenantKioku

SailorDaravon said:
I'd be more excited but the fact that Mother 1 + 2 never came out here (which seems like a no fucking brainer) makes me skeptical of a release of 3 here.

Explain me Tomato Adventure and Slime Mori Mori, and then we'll talk logic.
Anyway, I'm mostly concerned with Mother 3 being /good/ before worrying if it gets stateside release.

MaddenNFL64

Nintendo would just can it, if it turned out like crap. So it's either going to be awesome, or mediocre. Not crap though.

Amir0x

Banned
Ancestor said:
Nice tag, Ami.

I never did pick up Earthbound like I told you I would. It's time I make good on that.

I hope you do man. It's well worth it, imo.

RevenantKioku: You tryin' to jinx this project!?

RevenantKioku

MaddenNFL64 said:
Nintendo would just can it, if it turned out like crap. So it's either going to be awesome, or mediocre. Not crap though.

As you can see from Ami's ranting, 10 years has had quite the effect on some of us. For a few people, Mother 3 is going to have to bring them to levels of rapture that nothing is capable of.

Amir0x said:

Totally agree. This is insanely good news, I will not dance without an english version.

RevenantKioku

The Experiment said:
How do you know Mother 3 is going to be any good? Games that get pushed around, delayed, redone, etc. always turn out to be shit.

Shhh.

AniHawk

The Experiment said:
How do you know Mother 3 is going to be any good? Games that get pushed around, delayed, redone, etc. always turn out to be shit.

Like Psychonauts.

Or Resident Evil 4.

Kon Tiki

Banned
The Experiment said:
Was the first one (two?) pushed around, delayed or redone? 'Cause that ended up like shit.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Three months... just three more months until a new EarthBound/Mother title is at long last released... I can't wait until they release the first batch of media for it. :D

Top Bottom