• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother 3 = April 20 (in Japan)

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
I still don't understand how a game like this can have no screenshots or media whatsoever so close to the release date. Tales of the Tempest is coming out at around the same time and it had a logo and character design MONTHS ago, not to mention that camcordered playable footage. And now all the mags are starting to cover it.

I don't understand what the fuck is happening here.

Yeah, the lead up to Mother 3 has been as weird as the series itself. I don't know what to think at this point :\

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
duckroll said:
I still don't understand how a game like this can have no screenshots or media whatsoever so close to the release date. Tales of the Tempest is coming out at around the same time and it had a logo and character design MONTHS ago, not to mention that camcordered playable footage. And now all the mags are starting to cover it.

Ever heard of Mario 128? :p

Jonk

Thanks for the clarification Mama.

BTW, the reason why Itoi has not released any screen is that he didn't want to give people any more false hope (like what was done with EB64) and make sure that the game was at a stage that he can firmly say that it is coming out. Itoi has more rule of the Mother series than Nintendo does. Basically, he tells Nintendo what he is doing, and the N asks him nicely if he could consider their needs.

Since there is a release date set in stone, you better believe that there are going to be some media on the game soon. Nintendo is soon to follow.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tamashii Sensei said:
It's for the Game Boy Advance...
I know, I'm just sayin they better not announced that they've decided to move it to the DS at the last second.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
jj984jj said:
I know, I'm just sayin they better not announced that they've decided to move it to the DS at the last second.

Heh, if they did that I doubt that it'd be coming out so soon... who knows, though, it'd be cool if they did move it to the DS, taking advantage of all of its unique features (and not just for hell of it I mean, but to actually improve the game).

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bebpo said:
Tried playing Mother with the GBA re-release but it felt realllly dated like Maniac Mansion 1 dated. I suck at holding interest while playing old games ;_;

Holy mother of god there is so much wrong with this sentence.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I was playing a tiny bit of my old used Earthbound cart... played it back in the day, quickly gave up on it - graphics were primitive compared to like Seiken 3, Lufia 2 and Star Ocean (the other games I was playing around that time), I didn't get the whole 'weirdness', and it required lots of level grinding... but lately I've been really into the oldskool RPGs (started playing Legend of Heroes for PSP and really enjoying it so far! and of course DQ8 is godly), so I'm determined to give this one a fair shake once I free up some more time. I'll agree, the graphic style nowadays holds up rather well, the music is still good, the game's script is very nice... but I wouldn't agree the battle system is really polished, it's still a DQ style system in the end of it, but the only thing that pisses me off is all the grinding :(

Top Bottom