• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That was nasty and it could end much worse.

In autonomous driving news, DevBot (development version of Robo race car) will make his appearance on Formula E test this week in Donington. This one looks like stripped down LMP1 car and it still has cockpit. (Motorsport)

Jamesways

Anyone following WRC this year? During rally Germany they had a fascinating segment on the use of drones for camera coverage. It's such a great use of technology, producing amazing shots for the broadcasts.

Any MotoGP fans in here? Just did a seach for the first time and this is the only relevant thread I found for current discussion.

:tumbleweeds:

Any MotoGP fans in here? Just did a seach for the first time and this is the only relevant thread I found for current discussion.

:tumbleweeds:

Go back about 20 posts or so.

That Helio crash was crazy, very lucky not to have his neck completely crushed. Not sure the current evolution of the Halo would necessarily have prevented it. The Halo top opening is so large the wheel could have easily passed right through coming down vertically.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Crazy MX races in Assen - torrential downpour made the track very hard to ride. Bikes are literally digging into soft sand

Jamesways

VIR GT Showcase for the Weathertech Series on Fox Sports right now.

Go BMW!

Track temps are 112deg today. Super hot. They're worried about drivers and tires holding out.

xrnzaaas

1114hjfq.jpg

I know this is fake, but I would love if FCA would join the WRC with this livery. :)

DD

1114hjfq.jpg

I know this is fake, but I would love if FCA would join the WRC with this livery. :)

That Alitalia livery goes well with everything. :)

Also, is that a real car? There was a Fiat Tipo model here in Brazil back in the 90's that was pretty cool back then, but had a bad fame of bursting into flames, so we never had a new Tipo again.

xrnzaaas

That Alitalia livery goes well with everything. :)

Also, is that a real car? There was a Fiat Tipo model here in Brazil back in the 90's that was pretty cool back then, but had a bad fame of bursting into flames, so we never had a new Tipo again.

Yep, the Tipo name has been revived. It's supposed to replace Linea (Punto based sedan) and Bravo on some markets. Here are some photos:
http://goo.gl/4ASx9G
There's a hatchback, a sedan (best looking one imo) and a station wagon.

DD

Yep, the Tipo name has been revived. It's supposed to replace Linea (Punto based sedan) and Bravo on some markets. Here are some photos:
http://goo.gl/4ASx9G
There's a hatchback, a sedan (best looking one imo) and a station wagon.

Beautiful! Looks a little like the recent Dodge Dart. The Bravo and Linea are still selling here, but despite the fact that Fiat is the market leader, they never managed to be big in this segment.

B.K.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is out the rest of the season. It's a shame that this is how his career ends. I don't think he will ever drive a racecar again.

Chris R

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is out the rest of the season. It's a shame that this is how his career ends. I don't think he will ever drive a racecar again.

He should retire, no shame it going out now if it means he keeps what health he has left. Concussions are a serious thing.

Sucks I won't see him race at Talladega but whatever.

B.K.

He should retire, no shame it going out now if it means he keeps what health he has left. Concussions are a serious thing.

I'm afraid he's going to end up like Neil Bonnett if he keeps racing. If he keeps going, he's either going to die in a car or have massive brain damage.

Mastah

How can you not love MotoGP this year? Absolutely fantastic grand prix and another new winner in action packed race :D

I always knew Maverick can be the real deal, all those years ago when he was doing his first few races in 125cc. So chuffed I was right and he made it :)

Holy shit just watched the MotoGP race! Jesus, that fight for 2nd through 4th was totally crazy! Iannone coming out of nowhere, leading the pack for a couple laps and looking like he was gonna pull away in 2nd to crash out just like 10 laps before the end, then the fights between Rossi and Marquez! Geeze, this is just the 3rd MotoGP race I've watched, I already really love this sport!

Jezbollah

Holy shit just watched the MotoGP race! Jesus, that fight for 2nd through 4th was totally crazy! Iannone coming out of nowhere, leading the pack for a couple laps and looking like he was gonna pull away in 2nd to crash out just like 10 laps before the end, then the fights between Rossi and Marquez! Geeze, this is just the 3rd MotoGP race I've watched, I already really love this sport!

To be fair this season has been amazing. You chose a good time to start watching :)

Rarely is there a bad/boring race. Even the races where there isn't a lot of passing and it's just 2 or three at the front running absolutely flat out, there is a tension in the race that slowly builds where you know something is going to happen in the last few laps/corners and you know it's going to be good like Mugello this year etc...

KTM boss suggests Lorenzo not worth Ducati's money

Rossi taking no prisoners!

I like Misano, a lot of braking not in a straight line allowing for differing lines. Not sure if that's a result of changing the direction of the circuit or by design.

God Pedrosa is frustrating. All of a sudden comes alive almost like he's worried about his contract for next year. Did it last year at Motegi if I remember right.

TJP

God Pedrosa is frustrating. All of a sudden comes alive almost like he's worried about his contract for next year. Did it last year at Motegi if I remember right.
I understand that he is frustrating however we heard from ex rider Daryl Beattie that Dani has a new crew chief, a bike with a development direction for another rider and new tyres which granted is the same for all but some adapt better than others.

Pedrosa has wins in every MotoGP season so I doubt he wouldn't get taken by another team if Repsol and/or HRC said don't come back.

Top Bottom