• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Business

6v8rt.gif

That was a bit of a silly discussion.

TJP

Once more Dani comes across as a normal guy while others around him have handbags at twenty paces.

From GPOne.com

From what I saw, it was a typical Rossi hard pass; slightly dodgy but nothing that any of the guys I grew up watching would batter an eyelid at. That said, the only people qualified to make comment are the riders who were a part of it.

Business

Well... Dani had his own share of trouble with Lorenzo in the past, these days not fighting for wins makes it easier to avoid confrontation.

Personally I think it was hard but that's it, Lorenzo shouldn't complian.

Hackbert

could anyone be so nice to direct me towards a livestream for the WEC race? would be great

edit: oha, eurosport is showing it for free

Hydrargyrus

I really love this track, Alcañiz circuit is awesome.

The inverted corkscrew, the rock wall and the design of the track is fantastic for the race

Shaneus

Channel 10 are also broadcasting a biopic on Peter Brock this weekend, too. I'm sure it'll be up on torrent sites soon enough, given how unlikely it is to ever be shown/broadcast outside of Australia.

They are already running very fast this weekend, though to put the times in perspective they are still about 3 seconds slower than the GT guys from the 12 hour earlier in the year.

In fairness, pretty much anywhere near a rally course is dangerous... but yeah, they should never have people head on at the end of a braking zone.

Mastah

Lots of crashes at Motegi today unfortunately :( Pedrosa with fractured collarbone and he's out, Laverty taken by heli to hospital for cranial CT scan and Moto2 title challenger Rins also probably out of this weekend with collarbone or wrist injury.

Business

Definitely the quickest guy out there these days. With Lorenzo to Ducati and Rossi even older, let's hope Maverick can put up a fight next year.

Mastah

Absolutely fantastic stuff at Fuji right now. 30 minutes to go, 12 seconds between Kobayashi on old tyres and Duval and Webber on newer sets.

2 laps ago the commentators said that it would cool and that's what caused Marques' crash in 2014. Deja vu all over again. Now Cal will fall off as well.

Mastah

First time I've missed Moto3 or Moto2 race since 4 or 5 years :/ Damn double F1 and MotoGP weekends with American/Australian-Asian time zones and me being European fan, lol.

Fingers crossed for Cal, I definitely don't want to see repeat of 2014 by him :D

Mastah

Yep, all guys on the podium rode fantastic race, but what a performance by Cal this weekend. I'm super happy for him :D

Chris R

Holy shit Talladega is huge

edit: Awesome day, pretty good race too. Bummed there wasn't a big one, but two guys losing engines and the whole chase format basically had only a single driver with anything to gain or lose from winning.

xrnzaaas

Well since Porsche joined WEC LMP1 I was waiting for this announcement to happen. The successes will stay in the VAG family. :)

B.K.

NASCAR is finally limiting Cup drivers in the Xfinity and Truck Series starting in 2017.

Drivers with 5+ years fulltime experience in the Cup Series can only drive 10 races in the Xfinity Series and 7 races in the Truck Series.

Drivers with 5+ years experience in the Cup Series are completely banned from the final eight races of the Xfinity and Truck Series. Those eight races are the final regular race and the seven race Chase for each series.

Drivers with 5+ years experience in the Cup Series are banned from Dash 4 Cash races in the Xfinity Series.

Top Bottom