• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

EktorPR

artworkte5.jpg

Welcome to the Official Thread for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift! This is my first 'Official Thread', so I hope you like it! Mad props to Madman for the thread title idea.

artworkte5-1.jpg

Official Website:

http://www.us.playstation.com/motorstormpacificrift/#/home

From PlayStation's Official Page:

The first MotorStorm® wowed fans with its heady formula of brutal, unpredictable off-road racing, festival vibes and stunning Monument Valley desert scenery. Now Motorstorm® Pacific Rift takes you to a solitary tropical paradise in the Pacific Ocean, ready for a whole new take on no-holds-barred racing action through thick swamps, dense jungle, towering peaks and steaming volcanoes.

Not just pretty backdrops to the action, these environments take center stage in challenging players with everything in Mother Nature's arsenal. Thick mud, tangled undergrowth, swift flowing rivers, choking volcanic clouds and searing lava pools all test the drivers to their limits and beyond.

Expect a rich festival of off road racing, along with a host of game modes and rewards. It's brutal, dangerous, relentless, and unpredictable and more than a game - MotorStorm Pacific Rift is a way of life.

artworkte5-2.jpg

• The Island - A brand new radically different location for the festival.

• Unpredictable Events - Never the same race twice. Events will take place to change the race on a lap to lap basis.

• Split-Screen Play - Play with up to 3 buddies on the same screen.

• The Monster Truck - An all new vehicle class added to the core vehicle selection for a total of 8 different vehicle classes.

• Immersive Online Experience – A radical re-look at the whole MotorStorm online experience, focusing on ease of use and breadth of gameplay all while tearing it up in races up to 12 players.

• Improved Actions - A new level of control; punch, duck and ram using a new control layout.

• Free-play - Race how you want by creating your own race tickets.

• Photo Mode - Snap your greatest victory or your most visceral crashes and share them with the world.

• New Rating Systems - It’s not all about winning; it’s also about how you perform.

• Custom Soundtrack - Your racing, your music.

artworkte5-5.jpg

61gprbsY7FL_SS400_-1.jpg

artworkte5-6.jpg

Every race you’ll get to pick from up to eight different classes of vehicles, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Choose poorly and finishing last might be the least of your worries.

ATV
atv-lg.jpg

Motorcycle
motorcycle-lg.jpg

Buggy
buggy-lg.jpg

Rally Car
rallycar-lg.jpg

Racing Truck
racertruck-lg.jpg

Mudplugger
mudplugger-lg.jpg

Big Rig
rig-lg.jpg

Monster Truck
monster-lg.jpg

artworkte5-8.jpg

PS3 Fanboy said:
The 16 tracks are split between four zones, each based on an element. In the Air Zone you'll find lots of jumps, cliffs and downhill sections while the Earth Zone has plenty of plants and undergrowth which can get in your way, hide obstacles and, apparently, fight back. In the Fire Zone you'll be faced with lava pits, volcanoes and rocky wastelands and, finally, in the Water Zone you'll find the island's coast, huge waterfalls and rivers.

kanaloabay_track.jpg

Kanaloa Bay: "Sun-kissed, secluded, sandy, and slightly more treacherous than its good looks first suggest, Kanaloa Bay is a great track to be a spectator at. It's an awesome beach party with a welcome smattering of vehicular carnage running through it. But beware the dark territory beyond the lagoon – space gets real tight, real quick in that steamy jungle stretch."

sugarrush_track.jpg

Sugar Rush: "Only MotorStormers would think to stage a race in and around an old sugar plantation. The sharp machinery and rusty metal, those rust-weakened floors and rotten walls, and the zero-visibility of the cane fields all combine to make this track a sickly-sweet rush that's going to ruin more than just your teeth."

mudslide_track.jpg

Mudslide: "The clue's largely in the title: Mudslide is like one of those crazy rides you get at water parks, except with mud instead of water. Still, there's plenty of slip-slidey action to engage in, with high routes available for those of you without the tires to tackle the mud."

cascadefalls_track.jpg

Cascade Falls: "Dense jungle, thick with haze, gives way to wide-open plateaus and rickety scaffold. The tropical setting makes for a fascinating blend of beauty and danger – much like my ex-wife. The key to success is to keep it honest – don't take any unnecessary risks, and don't get caught making out behind the start gantry."

beachcomber_track.jpg

Beachcomber: "The black sand is evidence of the awesome power of nature, created by lava flowing into the ocean which explodes as it is supercooled by the water. The WWII airbase and the unexploded bombs are evidence of the awesome destructive power of man. The sheer carnage created when these are combined is evidence of the awesome power of the MotorStorm. Let battle commence!"

colossuscanyon_track.jpg

Colossus Canyon: "This track has it all – beautiful forest, vibrant fauna, and a picturesque mountain stream that courses through a narrow gorge, over brook and water-meadow, and plummets over an enormous waterfall. Let's face it; if you're only going to accidentally plummet over one giant precipice in your MotorStorm career, this is the one to do it on. Today is a good day to fly."

calderaridge_track.jpg

Caldera Ridge: "The race organizers looked long and hard to find some driveable routes here, but in the end decided it'd be more fun driving vehicles over the edge of an enormous crater and barrelling out-of-control down a near-vertical slope. And that's exactly why the race organizers don't get invited to make race tracks for anyone else. Ever."

badlands_track.jpg

Badlands: "A giant track, racing at the feet of a giant cinder cone, Badlands has a name that's perfectly descriptive. Wait until you see the enormous active crater you need to jump over, or the blind, sheer precipices you need to tear round at high speed if you're to have any chance of winning. And let's not get into the collapsed tunnels and the huge canyon jump that crosses the track 75 feet in the air. These are MotorStorm lands. These are Badlands."

theedge_track.jpg

The Edge: "There's at least half a track here that isn't ridiculously dangerous. The other half is on a camber so extreme that descriptions like 'gnarly', 'radical' and 'utterly ridiculous' don't begin to convey it. This is all about keeping traction, and keeping nerve. Seasoned MotorStormers are already declaring 'Don't lose your bottle on the Edge – because if you do it'll probably fall and kill someone half a mile below you". Wise words indeed."

paradisebeach_track.jpg

Paradise Beach: "Paradise Beach was perfect. Clear skies, gentle surf, warm water. It was a small town, and the living was good. Was, that is, until 30 years ago when the fire-God Pele cruised into town in his fiery hotrod of molten death, and literally tore up the strip. Now all that remains is dust and bones. Welcome to Paradise."

therift_track.jpg

The Rift: "The Rift: a mile-long tear in the world that is said to be the serpentine trail to the dark underworld of the God Milu. Formed from multiple interlinking lava tubes created over millennia, the Rift is a tight, claustrophobic journey through the jaws of the underworld, where death awaits the wearied traveler at every turn."

scorched_track.jpg

Scorched: "Fire, steam, lava, craters – Scorched is about as far away from the golden beaches and cool blue ocean as possible. The heat and dust make a real mess of your engine, and the lava will make a real mess of you. Once you're out of the barren lands, you may think you've escaped unharmed, but the thick forested area on the back section of the track throws up plenty of its own unique hazards."

razorback_track.jpg

Razorback: "The Daddy. Mud, dirt, flora, caves, rock, water. Deadly drop-offs, dangerous jumps, spectacular falls and fast-flowing rivers. This is the big one – the whole MotorStorm ethos showcased in a single, epic track. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, your time to shine is now."

raingodspires_track.jpg

Rain God Spires: "A humid, slippery, unfeasibly dangerous track set at the summit of a towering cathedral amongst heavy, pendulous tropical clouds. With immense slick precipices over immense drop-offs, Rain God brings hell to the Heavens and provides one of the Festival's most dangerous and deadly roller-coaster rides."

wildfire_track.jpg

Wildfire: "Trapped in no-man's land between a deadly lava deluge and an unforgiving ocean, Wildfire is the rock between two hard places - a very temporary island-hopping race over the elemental battlefield where fire and water collide. Smoke and steam conspire to reduce race visibility to a minimum while the route screams along perilous cliff-edges and leaps across rifts and chasms."

riptide_track.jpg

Riptide: "The crowd-pleaser down on the beach, Riptide is the unholy offspring of MotoX and MotorStorm. From MotoX it has inherited ramps, big jumps, whoops, rollers, tight banked turns and technical hairpins, and from MotorStorm its blue eyes, cute little button nose and sandy complexion."

artworkte5-9.jpg

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift features 50 of them: 40 Bronze, 6 Silver, 3 Gold and 1 Platinum.

Bronze Trophies:

•The Money Shot -- Boost Explode over the finish line to win 10 races
•Track Master -- Win 5 races on each track
•Just Getting Started -- Race for a total of one hour
•Time Sink -- Race for a total of 10 hours
•Stuntman -- Successfully land a jump of 185m or more
•Race Fan -- Take part in 250 races
•Tourist -- Travel a total of 500km
•Hazardous -- Wreck your vehicle 250 times
•Friendship -- Complete a Split-Screen race with 4 players
•Ghost Rider -- Beat 48 developer's ghosts on Time Attack
•Tumbler -- Perform an impressive Barrel Roll
•Bully -- Successfully punch or ram 100 vehicles
•Lightweight -- Win 50 races using a lightweight vehicle
•Mediumweight -- Win 50 races using a mediumweight vehicle
•Heavyweight -- Win 50 races using a heavyweight vehicle
•Pugilist -- Punch 5 competitors in a single race and go on to win gold
•Close Call -- Win a race by a margin of less than 0.1s
•Survivor -- In Eliminator escape from last place 10 times with only 3 seconds to go
•Freestyle -- Create and win 10 free-play races
•Spoilt For Choice -- Reach rank 3 in the Festival to unlock all 8 vehicle classes
•Bike -- Win 5 Festival races using a Bike
•ATV -- Win 5 Festival races using an ATV
•Buggy -- Win 5 Festival races using a Buggy
•Rally Car -- Win 5 Festival races using a Rally Car
•Racing Truck -- Win 5 Festival races using a Racing Truck
•Mud Plugger -- Win 5 Festival races using a Mud Plugger
•Big Rig -- Win 5 Festival races using a Big Rig
•Monster Truck -- Win 5 Festival races using a Monster Truck
•Necessary Roughness -- Knock down 10 dismounted drivers
•Tortoise -- Win a race without using boost
•Speeder -- Unlock all 16 Speed events
•Wreck-less -- Unlock all 16 Eliminator events
•Last Man Standing -- Win all 16 Eliminator events
•Beginner -- Complete a ranked Online race with 12 players
•Competitor -- Complete 50 Online ranked races
•Casual -- Complete 50 online casual races
•Immortal -- Win an Online ranked race without wrecking
•Beginner's Luck -- Come 1st in an Online ranked race
•Rookie -- Reach Online rank 2 (Rookie)
•Veteran -- Reach Online rank 3 (Veteran)

Silver Trophies:
•Hire Me -- Beat the developer's best ghost times on every track with every vehicle
•Speed Demon -- Win all 16 Speed events
•Can't Touch This -- Win any Rank 8 race without being wrecked
•Runner Up -- Win 96 Silver Medals
•Ranked Streak -- Win 3 Online ranked races in a row
•Hero -- Reach Online rank 4 (Hero)

Gold Trophies:
•Winner -- Win 250 races
•Champion -- Win 96 Gold medals
•Legend -- Reach Online rank 5 (Legend)

Platinum Trophy:
•Over Achiever -- Unlock all the other 49 Trophies

artworkte5-3.jpg