• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies that don't get boring no matter how many times you've watched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenov4

So Star Wars Episode 4 is currently playing on CBC right now, and what a great classic. This made me wonder what movies that don't get boring no matter how many times you've watched them. Here's a few of mine:

Star Wars Eps 3, 4, 5
Godfather 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Goodfellas

Feel free to contribute! ;)

thom

I have to watch "Groundhog Day" at least once a year.

Pretty much anything with Bill Murray I can watch a dozen times over.

jenov4

Shawshank was great, but it got a little slow at times. I really enjoyed that movie though. Groundhog Day was great though.

Another one to add: Memento (what a mind fuck!)

Iceman

All those (yes, anything with Bill Murray) except Goodfellas and Godfathers (too depressing for me)

add Shawshank, Die Hard and Die Hard III, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Monty Python's Holy Grail, anything by M. Night Shyamalan and most things by Hitchcock and Billy Wilder (Double Indemnity OWNZ), It's a Wonderful Life, Terminator 2: FINARU JUDGAMENT.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Airplane!
Airplane 2
Batman
Edward Scissorhands
Full Metal Jacket
Ghostbusters
Office Space
Pulp Fiction
The Shining

Probably more, but I'm sleepy.

I've watched This Is Spinal Tap more times than I can count. The documentary Another State of Mind is a beauty and Evil Dead 2 is another obvious choice

pnjtony

0792842162.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

hands down. I never get sick of it. Especially the drug dealers house with the rotten fish.

pnjtony

jenov4 said:
So Star Wars Episode 4 is currently playing on CBC right now, and what a great classic. This made me wonder what movies that don't get boring no matter how many times you've watched them. Here's a few of mine:

Star Wars Eps 3, 4, 5
Godfather 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Goodfellas

Feel free to contribute! ;)
hehe :D

jenov4

Oh snap, how could I forget Terminator 2? Cameron's finest! Great list fellas...

And shit, my Star Wars list was fucked. Thanks for pointing it now pnjtony... It's Eps 4,5,6.. :lol

Dilbert

For some reason, the ones that come to mind are comedies...

Office Space
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Best In Show

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Shawshank is the big one that came to my mind.
Terminator, Terminator 2 and any of the Die Hards are others I'll always keep watching on TV if I come across it.

Bigfoot

I know this may sound strange, but I watch The Goonies and The Fugitive at least 4 times a year. Also, The Princess Bride is great.

Other more popular choices I watch a lot:
Fight Club
Shawshank
Die Hard
Empire Strikes Back
Snatch
True Lies

I'm so glad that Ghostbusters is included in so many lists. It's my favorite movie, after all. :)

So...

Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Dirty Work
Batman
Batman Returns
Bullitt
The Big Lebowski
North By Northwest
Spider-Man 2
The Big Hit
Big Trouble In Little China
Blade Runner

well, this is just turning into a listing of all of my favorite movies, so I'll just stop now.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I like how Big Trouble in Little China gets respect after I mention it. Amateurs.

... And then Error Macro drops Evil Dead II in the mix. What a "trendy" wannabe! :p

There's also an 80s classic missing from all these lists. I'll try to let you guys guess, then I'll give the director and if nobody gets it, I will track you all down by IP address and murder you in your sleep!

android

Theoretical Magician
Original Star Wars trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
The Godfather
Scarface
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Schindlers List
Jurassic Park
T2
The Great Escape
Jaws
E.T.
Alien(s)
Blazing Saddles

Firest0rm

GhostBusters
The Untouchables
Transformers: The Movie
Most Pink Panther Movies

Thats what I can think of right now. There are probably a few more

Willco

Hollywood Square
GXAlan said:
No one's mentioned Back to the Future ?

Now that movie does getting boring after repeated viewings. I can watch the first one and the second every now and then, but I couldn't imagine watching them every time and not getting bored.

The third one? Might as well toss your DVD away!

Firest0rm said:
GhostBusters
The Untouchables
Transformers: The Movie
Most Pink Panther Movies

Thats what I can think of right now. There are probably a few more

OH SO NOW PEOPLE START MENTIONING THE UNTOUCHABLES!

android

Theoretical Magician
You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send on of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom