• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies where little kids get killed/murdered on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xdrive05

So I just got through watching Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), awesome awesome movie by the way, but there's a scene early on where this little girl, maybe 10 years old, gets shot point blank in the chest by a gang member, blood spray and the whole works. The movie has a couple scenes with her talking with her dad and buying ice cream from an ice cream truck, showing her innocence and all that. Then BLAM! It blows the fuck out of her right in front of you.

I understand the point - to make you hate the gang and know how heartless and cruel they are - but, well... damn!

Have you seen any other movies that kill off a kid? Also, do they kill a little girl in the 2005 remake of this movie?

EDIT: Thanks, Pheonix. Here's the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VqlvPT640

LuCkymoON

Banned
Gun Crazy
if she had just killed that cop and his wife/kid, her best friend wouldn't gotten aced=(
oh well the cop got killed any way, then the kid and mom get killed two birds one stone style.

Karmacide

Funny you brought this up. I was just talking to a girl a few hours ago that told me she saw a movie that really haunted her. It was called A Good Lawyers Wife.

At the end of the movie, the killer just drags his child hostage to the top of a building while the kid is crying and begging and just throws the kid off the building and the kid falls to his death.

The one I think about first is from Full Metal Alchemist the Anime. Probably because in typical Shonen Animes, children usually are exempt from being killed. Kids aren't supposed to die in these!

Some poor girl gets transmuted into a dog and then dog exploded to death.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
imdb trivia said:
The MPAA threatened an "X" rating if the shocking "ice cream scene" wasn't cut. The distributor advised John Carpenter to give the MPAA a version with the scene excised to get an "R" rating, and then simply distribute the original version complete with the scene. The ruse worked.

A kid gets chomped down in the first Jaws movie.

And outside the realm of movies, The Fallout games are the only ones I can recall where you can actually kill child NPCs.

Xater

There are not enough children dying on screen. Almos everytime it should happen at best it happens in the off and it's totally stupid. If you as a filmmaker want me to think "Oh how hrrible what they are doing to the kids!" you should have the guts to show it.

I thought the little boy being mauled to death in Exorcist: The Beginning was pretty graphic and horrific. Hearing him scream bloody murder and cry out in pain as you see the wolves tear him apart right in front of the others was pretty messed up. I would never watch that scene again.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Cidade de Deus (City of God)

really gruesome scene
a young member of a gang has to shoot a little kid to prove he's worth being in the gang. First the leader shoots the kids in the foot, then the other one has to finish one off.

neptunes

Darunia said:

really gruesome scene
a young member of a gang has to shoot a little kid to prove he's worth being a member
totally forgot about that

that part was seriously f*cked up

RumFore

Banned
In one of the best and most underrated war films, Harrison's Flowers, a young girl gets raped and killed by soldiers.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
neptunes said:
totally forgot about that

that part was seriously f*cked up

what gives that scene more impact is that the acting in that movie is so great you feel you're watching a documentary.

supercake

JodyAnthony said:
American History X maybe. does the kid at the end get killed on screen or no? i dont remember

Watched it recently, and he is killed on screen. Wouldn't say it's as graphic as a child being killed.

What about Pet Cemetery? Isn't there a scene where at the funeral the coffin falls and part of the boys body flops out? (I think thats the movie?)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I can't remember, but in Leon/The Professional, does Matilda's brother die off-screen or on? I don't think you see the actual bullets hit him, but don't you see the body hit the floor?

LuCkymoON

Banned
lil smoke said:
Boyz in the Hood, Sounth Central or Colors? Surely a child got caught in one of the drive-bys.
oh yeah thanks for reminding me!
You can always count on kids being blown away in urban city gansta films.

Blood Diamond
lost of kids being brutely killed in this film

Finn

Crushed said:
I can't remember, but in Leon/The Professional, does Matilda's brother die off-screen or on? I don't think you see the actual bullets hit him, but don't you see the body hit the floor?
I think he dies off-screen, but I'm not positive.

But speaking of that movie, that scene where everyone is getting shot really scarred me. I remember seeing it when I was younger and was just extremely disturbed by it all.

Darunia said:

really gruesome scene
a young member of a gang has to shoot a little kid to prove he's worth being in the gang. First the leader shoots the kids in the foot, then the other one has to finish one off.

Yep, that was a very powerful scene

anakin-skywalker.jpg

"Perfect chance wasted, Lucas!"

ToxicAdam

I want to say that Death Race 2000 featured a mother and child getting beheaded.
I have very hazy memories of the crappy movie.

Xdrive05

ICallItFutile said:
Pan's Labyrinth,
right at the end

Oh my god. How did I forget this one? I just saw it a couple months ago. Fantastic movie.

But yes, it happens right there
at the end. Brutal and with great impact. And it was bad because you kind of thought she would get away for a moment there.

Baker

Banned
Almost lunch time and not completely by the rules...

Murder Set Pieces (tame)
Lord of Illusions (aftermath)
City of the Living Dead (pretty sure the kid dies at the end)
Planet Terror (off screen/aftermath)
Pet Semetary (implied + shoe)
Terror Firmer (fetus stealing)
My Girl (the beez!)

muckhole

Didn't a couple of kids bite it in Mimic? I vaguely remember being surprised because you rarely see it happen in films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom