• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr Akira Toriyama has passed away , aged 68 - Dragon Ball , Dr Slump , Sand Land

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm having a really hard time working through this emotionally. Dragon Ball has as much an impact on me as it did anyone our age. But I also love a lot of his other work, especially his Dragon Quest and Chrono stuff. I was looking forward to the Sandland show, but now it's gonna be the last show he was involved with.

During the pandemic, a few of my friends started a website about gaming and anime. My favorite articles I wrote were our monthly Dragon Ball Super manga chapter summaries/reviews. Even when the chapters weren't good I still looked forward to writing them each month. It was the only manga we followed closely on the site.

Even though he had taken more of a back seat role in recent years I felt there was still gas in the chambers. His Dragon Quest stuff was still quality, and Super Hero was good. I was looking forward to the random shit he would push out occasionally.

And now that's ended. Were coming up on the remnants of whatever he has finished before his passing. And so one of the last vestiges of my childhood is gone.

Codes 208

wM9zSpS.jpg

Top Bottom