• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mrs. Clinton, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Yeah, as people have said, things have tightened a bit. But the race has been in a sort of stasis for a while. And I'd say there's a much better chance of HRC bouncing back upwards a huge ton than Trump suddenly closing the gap significantly.

Think of it like this, he's kinda on his upswing RIGHT NOW and he's STILL not anywhere close to really winning. It's also August and most everyone hasn't been paying attention since the conventions. Point being, he has a long way to go down. Which I think will happen post-labor day when the HRC campaign makes a more concerted effort to get out there in the media and not just cede all coverage to the Trumps as they have been doing post-convention.

They've done the fundraising, they have the money, now's the time to bury the fool.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-far/?postshare=9411472759085140&tid=ss_tw

Hillary Clinton's nonstop schedule of high-dollar fundraisers in August paid off, helping raise $143 million for her campaign and the Democratic Party — her biggest monthly haul yet.

Campaign officials announced Thursday that donors contributed about $62 million to her campaign committee and another $81 million to the Democratic National Committee and state parties in August. That's a huge growth from the $90 million that Clinton and the party jointly raised in July. However, her campaign fundraising stayed flat — in both months, she raised about $62 million — indicating that the increase was driven by large contributions to the party.

Clinton is beginning September with $68 million in her campaign coffers. The hefty war chest means the Democratic White House hopeful has the resources to continue an expensive ad blitz against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, while also investing in an expansive field operation.

Fat4all

Banned
zp66wEu.png

I know it's easy to dismiss Trump, but count me on the "be careful over anything else" crowd.

Same here, but I got chastised earlier for "panicking" and "not understanding the ground game". It's weird how people on the same side keep trying to find something to get mad at each other about, as if someone is a more righteous and committed voter over another. It's getting tiring.

People are so sure that Trump just can't win and see him as President that they are not taking this seriously enough. One bad debate or 60+ days of bullshit about e-mails or foundations or whatever else will erode any lead.

Meanwhile, Trump keeps acting like he loves minorities and it will convince the people he's actually trying to convince, suburban whites.

rjinaz

I can do both. I really don't think Trump is going to stand a chance.

No sorry, you can't. You must believe it is a close race, even if you would vote regardless, because otherwise you're in danger of being complacent. Ignore the polling and trends. You must.

No sorry, you can't. You must believe it is a close race, even if you would vote regardless, because otherwise you're in danger of being complacent. Ignore the polling and trends. You must.

Pretend Clinton's actually down 10 even if she literally has 100% of the vote

PANIC
IS
COMPULSORY

mo60

Please,

RCP has her lead down to 4 points, even less than that if you include Johnson.

She is absolutely not going to exceed Obama's 2008, if the current trend holds, she might not even match his 2012.

Her win margin in this election will end up being bigger than both obama 2008 and 2012 even though her popular vote total probably won't. Trump's struggling to get out of the low fourties and i don't see that changing in the next two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom