• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[MS-Conf] The Halo 4 E3 Campaign Reveal

JaggedSac

Looked very promising. Nice to see new enemies and new weapons. I especially love how the new guns "form" in your hands - very neat. What I didn't like was the bits that seem scripted; get to point X and then have a set piece arrange itself in front of you. What I loved from Halo was its freedom to approach a conflict as I wanted. I don't want dramatic moments to be scripted to happen in front of me at pre-ordained moments - I want to play the game.

The same types of stuff happens in all the Halo games. You should not try and gather any ideas about overarching gameplay and level design from this very tiny piece of gameplay seen here,

UrbanRats

I wasn't really impressed at first, but after all the other shit in the conference, this was quite the masterpiece.. i guess.

Hatten

Like the new enemies and forerunner weapons

But the the live action.....not as good as Blomkamp's...

And the covenant? weren't they disbanded after Halo 3?

Seriusly, an Elite with grunts and jackals? IIRC those were with the brutes and the prophets

You know, the loyalists, the ones who lost the war

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn.

Damn.

I'm sorry Frankie & 343 for every having the slightest bit of a doubt. Halo 4 looked absolutely stunning. And I didn't even see the MP yet.

Has the MP b-roll been posted?

Nope, please post it!

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks for the link, downloading and might upload it as well too.

It looked really good and atmospheric, but the linearity did really bother me. I hope it's not Halo 2 linear. That would be bad.
Looked super linear, but the new enemies were interesting. Not really a whole lot to go off of from that though.
Did I watch the same trailer as everyone else? This was so scripted I couldn't tell anything about the game. Master Chief literally stopped walking every time he wanted to shoot things.
Pretty astounded... at how impressed people were by this. I don't think it looks BAD, albeit too linear. It looks alright, might be ok. But man, some people are acting like this is game of show or something, and that I don't get.
Is this some sort of joke? This is the first time that the actual Campaign is beign shown. They have to show the premise, introduce the new enemies, demo the new weapons, and give the audience a feel for the new gameplay.

Do you expect them to go into the 5th level and start showing the gameplay with absolutely no context? This is how a reveal trailer works. Do you think that we will only be fighting one enemy at a time?

The lack of common sense is baffling.

So... is that Mendicant Bias in the giant orb, or whatever?

I need to get back up to speed on the novels. The last book I read was Ghosts of Onyx. Which ones should I read after that?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i cant wait to see a great quality, all direct feed version of the trailer and demo.

must say though, aside from the revealed enemies and weapons, and that jungle, i was expecting a more epic demonstration.

shinnn

Man.. this looks awesome. Loved the weapons, enemies, set pieces. Everything was awesome in the conference demo.

When that thing created the shield... then grabbed the grenade. Fuck.

Man.. this looks awesome. Loved the weapons, enemies, set pieces. Everything was awesome in the conference demo.

When that thing created the shield... then grabbed the grenade. Fuck.

The second part was better: throws another grenade, enemy grabs it, he kills enemy, evemy drops grenade, blows and kills more enemies. That was nice.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iihOCzCPmysoY.gif

ibzdpvpx5kMD8Y.gif

ilyfZOKM9GDDK.gif

Hawk269

The scene with the UNSC ship breaking the clouds and flying towards the chief was just epic looking...then the opening where the UNSC ship is crashed and on the left just look's breathtaking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm speechless. I'm still trying to digest everything.

The most awesome part was the animations for picking up Forerunner weapons.

.la1n

Looks really great, 343 is pushing some great graphics. I thought Reach looked fantastic but this is probably the best looking game on 360 from what little we have seen so far. Can't wait to see what else they have in store. Digging the new enemy designs.

Fezan

New enemy and 3 way battles gets me excited but graphics are nothing to write home about.they are great but not leagues above everything else like people are saying

First non-racing game i've seen from MS that looks as good as PS3 first party titles.

Bungie have never been tech titans themselves. Competent, but they have never really done much above what other first party studios can do. MS have been missing the kind of outstanding first party talent the Sony has in spades. Looks like they have found it in 343.

Omega

Banned
Like the new enemies and forerunner weapons

But the the live action.....not as good as Blomkamp's...

And the covenant? weren't they disbanded after Halo 3?

Seriusly, an Elite with grunts and jackals? IIRC those were with the brutes and the prophets

You know, the loyalists, the ones who lost the war

Not all Grunts and Jackals sided with the Brutes

They're all still around. I'm currently reading through Glasslands and some of the Elites are trying to rise up and finish destroying humanity before we have a chance to regroup, while other Elites (like Arbiter) are trying to just rebuild their society and finish the war with the Brutes.

JonCha

Blown. Away. Campaign totally delivered; I'm incredibly hyped.

Now waiting for the multiplayer footage to be uploaded.

Top Bottom