• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[MS-Conf] The Halo 4 E3 Campaign Reveal

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I love atmospheric shooters. Halo 4 might be the new MP for gamers. Omg... 343 nails what TN failed with Metroid.

Best looking game I've ever seen, simple because they are able to pull this off on 7 year old hardware. Simply amazing. And yes, looks a lot like a Metroid should look.

Pretty astounded... at how impressed people were by this. I don't think it looks BAD, albeit too linear. It looks alright, might be ok. But man, some people are acting like this is game of show or something, and that I don't get.

So far for me it is, and if Sony doesn't show TLG, it'll probably remain in that spot.

Looks seriously amazing, and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of Halo really. I've played all of them to completion, but never really got much enjoyment out of them.

Edit

Actually, have never played Reach.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
2820772-gallery.png

2820766-gallery.png

Is this real-time?
yes. Real time cinematics from engine. Obviously not gameplay. But that's from engine

WOW, the B Roll looks great. First footage of the game that has made me legitimately excited. Gameplay looks smooth as hell, and a Halo game seems to sound great for the first time.

leroidys

I haven't been interested in a halo since 2, but that looked BRILLIANT. Now I really hope those rumors of it coming to PC turn out.

Tiktaalik

I'm not a huge Halo fan, but I think this was the best trailer shown at the MSFT press conf. Looked good. I could see myself picking it up.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
2820766-gallery.png

Its hard for me to justify a next gen system with visuals like that.

Until you actually see Halo 5 on the 720...

Honestly Halo 4 looks freaking amazing for 7 year old hardware. Amazing.

That said, it can still look A LOT better. And when Halo 5 is first shown, you will see exactly that.

relaxor

what?
well that looked cool. as a fan of Halo and Metroid (and Perfect Dark - those folding guns were very laptop gun) this looks like the game for me. I hope it's heavy on the gameplay but also has a good story.

looked really cool and I like the inspiration taken from Metroid Prime

My only problem was Cortana wouldn't shut up during that, and it was getting too close to the COD heavily chatty/directed partner leading you along the path. I'm hoping thats just early moments of the start of the game. Its hard to take in the atmosphere if Master Chief's AI girlfriend is a giant chatter box

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Christ this looks absolutely INSANE. And yes, it looks like Metroid Prime. Which is... so awesome.

I can also see 343 attracting a different audience with this entry, Halo has never looked more atmospheric. This game man.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really hope they nail this. It looks excellent thus far but there was something about the combat scenarios that Bungie always nailed which I find lacking in most shooters. Halo games always encourage the player to stick their neck out and use the generally large battlefields to their advantage. It is a perfect blend of distance and close-quarters combat.

Trickster

2820766-gallery.png

Its hard for me to justify a next gen system with visuals like that.

You're a fool if you think that screenshot doesn't have added AA and AF that won't be there in the actual game. It was the same with all previous halo games, they add a ton of AA and AF on the photo they release.

On a new console you could actually have that level of AA and AF though.

Mahonay

Banned
Was pleasantly surprised with the Halo 4 SP footage. Did not expect it to look this good. Seems like having a different team take a crack at it is what the series needed. Halo 3 and Reach were underwhelming to me in the single player end, this looks like it could cure that.

CTE

I said "WOW!" out loud. I never do that. Not a huge Halo fan, but this looks incredible. Can't wait to play it.

Mr. Sam

The same types of stuff happens in all the Halo games. You should not try and gather any ideas about overarching gameplay and level design from this very tiny piece of gameplay seen here,

I don't recall ever walking along in a Halo game only to have the control taken away from me as something jumps on me and yells in my face. I might be mistaken.

Top Bottom