• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

madara said:
I think it would have been more gutsy not have the destructive urban generation X look like nearly all other platformers aimed at the teen age boy or WWF fan the last two gens and found way incorporate the natural charm it had with animals and amazing natural environments, but to each their own, then needed to add 360 appeal it seems. Still waiting to see an area that has the brilliance or beauty of Treasure Trove Cove,Freezeezy Peak, Gobi's Valley,Spooky Mad Mansion or Click Clock Wood.

The WHAT.

You mean the fabric ground and the wallpapered bricks? The knit in grass and foliage and the whimsical Fake Plastic Trees? I mean, honestly, are we looking at the same game? There is nothing Gen X or Xtreeme or any of that to be found the shots of this game.

oldergamer

TheOddOne said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188055

Complete Banjo in “20-30 hours,” says Rare + Full interview

screenshot_197345.jpg

Umm why hasn't anyone said anything about this image??? It's kameo! But where did this come from? Are they announcing a new cameo game????

Rocksteady33

Nolan. said:
I pay enough attention to know these things along with the fact you still continue to refute your own statements. By your example Banjo would then neatly fit right into the casual demographic. Seeing as you previously commented on nintendo advancing the mario series and making a success of it. So therefore if they are willing to take these risky chances with games like Viva why not then ''allow'' banjo in it's original state.? There really aren't much of a difference when it comes to image. You suggesting that banjo 3 is them catering more to the 360's typical base and viva is the trying to break ino the casual market to me just doesn't add up.

How am I refuting my own statements AT ALL?

Banjo is a platformer (or was anyway), Viva Pinata is a simulation game - there's a difference. Historically the platforming genre has done shit for the Xbox brand, Blinx, Voodoo Vince, Malice, Conker, none of them pushed any kind of hardware or software for that matter. Simulation games have a much broader and while they still aren't as big on the Xbox brand they would most certainly have a better chance at hitting a wider base than a cutesy platformer.

As for Nintendo advancing the Mario series, yes they did on a gameplay level, but the game was going to succeed regardless, its fucking Mario, it's not going to flop.

And like I've said they took ONE risky chance with Viva Pinata, it didn't pan out well, however they invested a lot into it (I don't know how many times I've repeated this), they clearly aren't being risky with the franchise anymore if they are making it more accessible and is more of an expansion over the original rather than a true sequel. And because of that they couldn't possibly risk letting Banjo out in its original platforming state, as it would more than likely be a bomb. So the game becomes more action oriented and is more likely to sell to the existing Xbox userbase. You see Microsoft isn't letting Rare take a risk, get it?

pswii60 said:
Summary

- Contraptions, not just vehicles
- It's an ADVENTURE
- Musical notes are back bitches
- Proper engaging storyline
- The April Fools' storyline about the tower blocks and malls was correct
- Ample fanservice with familiar faces making a return

So what's to hate?

They'll find something.

(I love the Lord Of Games, by the way.)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
oldergamer said:
Umm why hasn't anyone said anything about this image??? It's kameo! But where did this come from? Are they announcing a new cameo game????

Kameo 2: Not Kameo

NeXuSDK

oldergamer said:

No, it's a character called Humba Wumba...

WrikaWrek

Banned
oldergamer said:

I don't know much about the original, i just thought she was another character.

But now that you mentioned it, she kinda looks like the chick from Kameo. Kinda.

edit: Yeah, my instinct was right.

The Fable 2 trailer didn't to much for me. More gameplay demonstrations! those are amazing.

Banjo 3 was interesting, but is hopefully very early and will polished by the release.

Too Human looks like it will be really fun, but it was a bit janky at times still.

Ramenman

NeXuSDK said:
The photo mode interprets your picture. It sees what is on it and transform it into a small barcode of sort (which can be put on these cards). So you can just for example post this card/code on gaf and EVERYONE will instantly be able to get your pinata in their own game.

Oh great, so this means they won't actually be selling those cards in decks or stuff like that.

I mean, what would be the point if you can have the exact same result by printing the cards people post on forums.

Kildace

The Innocent X said:
It's by rare. No other company can command such vitriol.

Sillicon Knights disagrees with you.

I watched the "cleaner" video and was a little underwhelmed to be honest. The framerate is horrid and the game looks very flat. Hopefully the lighting is still being worked on.
Anyhow, this is hating time because some people didn't get what they wanted. As we get closer to release and have access to more and better looking videos that illustrate the game's appeal, people will calm down and the hating will stop.

NeXuSDK

Ramenman said:
Oh great, so this means they won't actually be selling those cards in decks or stuff like that.

I mean, what would be the point if you can have the exact same result by printing the cards people post on forums.

I definitely think Rare will be able to create more unique and complex cards, but it didn't sound like anything they were going to sell.

GhaleonEB

FFChris said:
I..I can't get too excited for Fable 2, considering the first one underdelivered, but I just can't help it.
Pretty much. I loved the Fable world so much - the art, the atmosphere, the music and character designs - but the restrictive world really hurt it for me. But hot damn the sequel is looking goooooood.

Gears 2 + Banjo + Fable 2 = good end of the year.

Kildace said:
As we get closer to release and have access to more and better looking videos that illustrate the game's appeal, people will calm down and the hating will stop.

No it won't. VP was hated on up to and after the great reviews, and even still to this day.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
oldergamer said:

Thats a VP2 character I think, all the other renders in that gallery are.

plaguis

chris0701 said:
About Mario shootout:

I would admit,the shoot onto Mario statue is somewhat interesting,but getting unnecessary debate between Mario lovers and Banjo fans.

At least we know Rare has Viva Pinata for DS,hope it would be all right.
Its in poor taste and down right disrespectful. I mean, who the fuck do RARE think they are.. pitting Banjo against Mario.. I mean for fucks sake, if there was no Mario 64, you think Banjo Kazooie would exist at all? Everyone knows mario, how many people know Banjo? You'd never catch Miyamoto showing this level of contempt and disrespect towards his industry peers.
Rare are out of order.

Emiru

Banned
plaguis said:
Its in poor taste and down right disrespectful. I mean, who the fuck do RARE think they are.. pitting Banjo against Mario.. I mean for fucks sake, if there was no Mario 64, you think Banjo Kazooie would exist at all? Everyone knows mario, how many people know Banjo? You'd never catch Miyamoto showing this level of contempt and disrespect towards his industry peers.
Rare are out of order.
It was a joke, quit crying.

harSon

Banned
plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.

Sort of like Miyamoto calling American's simpletons for liking Donkey Kong Country? How dare Miyamoto bite the hand that single handedly propelled the Super Nintendo past it's competitors.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.

GTFO. Miyamoto was always jealous of Rare after the success of DKC when they wanted him to turn the graphics of Mario into something similar.

Kildace said:
Sillicon Knights disagrees with you.

I watched the "cleaner" video and was a little underwhelmed to be honest. The framerate is horrid and the game looks very flat. Hopefully the lighting is still being worked on.
Anyhow, this is hating time because some people didn't get what they wanted. As we get closer to release and have access to more and better looking videos that illustrate the game's appeal, people will calm down and the hating will stop.
People wont ever be satisfied. Flat? wtf, if you have payed attention to that HD vid...youd notice everything is rendered with depth. The version people played had no framrate issues. Wtf are you talking about? The lighting is incredible.

Does somebody know whether the co-op mode from Viva Pinata 2 is offline only? I can't seem to find anything where it says that you can also play that mode online.

PhatSaqs said:
Halo Wars

*two screenshots*
Those are a few months old.

Top Bottom