• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Mdk7

Don't know if someone posted it yet but...

30v1a81.png

pswii60

CowboyAstronaut said:
Wow I totally wasn't paying attention. One of my favorites posters is now a mod :D

My curiosity is also running pretty wild in regards to Ninja Blade. MOSTLY because Microsoft has managed to keep the damn game a secret.... that could be a potential recipe for a megaton.

Ramirez I also thought that shot was pretty damn impressive.
But Ninja Blade could also end up being the next mediocre below-radar Asian development-hell game like Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. One would hope not, but I'm not getting too excited about an unknown entity just yet. Hopefully we'll know more later today.

duckroll

pswii60 said:
But Ninja Blade could also end up being the next mediocre below-radar Asian development-hell game like Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. One would hope not, but I'm not getting too excited about an unknown entity just yet. Hopefully we'll know more later today.

Ninja Blade is not a korean game. :(

We'll know everything in less than 5 hours!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The Innocent X said:
I find lips the most intriguing, mostly because I can`t imagine what the hell it might be. Surely all voice input mechanisms have been tried. It'll either be total poo or genius.

Maybe Vision Camera (to watch your lip movements) + Microphone = Enunciate Training

Ghost said:
Maybe Vision Camera (to watch your lip movements) + Microphone = Enunciate Training

Enunciate training? Is that how low we have sunk?

I really hope I'm amazed, but I have the feeling this could be the worst peripheral ever. Voice to text for messaging wouldn't be so bad, but not many will buy it I don't think.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
sp0rsk said:
Flowing out my rectum like blood and shit mixed with puss and cancer.

I think you should go back to the drawing board on that retort.

Enunciate training? Is that how low we have sunk?

I really hope I'm amazed, but I have the feeling this could be the worst peripheral ever. Voice to text for messaging wouldn't be so bad, but not many will buy it I don't think.

I was only joking, but it sounds like you should probably just expect Singstar 360 and be pleasantly surprised with anything more.

Ghost said:
I was only joking, but it sounds like you should probably just expect Singstar 360 and be pleasantly surprised with anything more.

what has intrigued me is that it is definitely a peripheral, not a game. Surely they won`t announce just a microphone as a peripheral? 360 already accepts usb mics.

Anyway, GAF is all about DE HYPE.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The Innocent X said:
what has intrigued me is that it is definitely a peripheral, not a game. Surely they won`t announce just a microphone as a peripheral? 360 already accepts usb mics.

Really? what for?

Still wont be surprised if it's just an 'official' one.

jax (old)

Banned
scary thing about this: headling titles:

banjo3 / viva 2 / fable 2.

interest in all 3 = pretty much non existant.

Its all about GEARS OF WAR 2 for me.

Brashnir

The Innocent X said:

Anyway, GAF is all about DE HYPE.

that and the fact that damn near every 360 owner already has a mic on their live headset. It can't be just a mic.

here, let me help you guys out.

amazing:

2003 called, they want their xbox back:

Fable 2 looks like a joke that is so bad, you guys are accidentally taking it seriously.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Rock band

Oh yeah.

Jax said:
scary thing about this: headling titles:

banjo3 / viva 2 / fable 2.

interest in all 3 = pretty much non existant.

Its all about GEARS OF WAR 2 for me.

Welcome to the main Xbox 360 demographic. Everyone like you already has a 360 so now they need to aim at new types of people.

Yoboman

The breadcrumbs thing sounds stupid, and Molyneux sounds like he's building another game full of great ideas that come off as meagre in execution

Lighting is gorgeous though

duckroll

Ghost said:
Welcome to the main Xbox 360 demographic. Everyone like you already has a 360 so now they need to aim at new types of people.

Well in this case I think they already tried it with Kameo, VP1 and Fable 1. How did that work out? :lol

pswii60

The Innocent X said:
Rock band
Rock Band includes its own microphone, I can't see why they'd do their own.
duckroll said:
Well in this case I think they already tried it with Kameo, VP1 and Fable 1. How did that work out? :lol
Fable 1 sold over 3 million!

Kameo and VP1 did pretty average but then they were on an expensive system at the time. 360 is at a lower price point now, and probably lower again by the time they release.

MS need to keep trying though, they need to set the tone with their first party line-up so third parties will follow and fill in the gaps. The original Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Sly all took time to take off and didn't become really successful until they were rereleased on budget labels, bundled and the console price came down, their sequels then got more people interested in checking the series out. MS is using the same tactic with VP.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
duckroll said:

Um...well?

You can go back to sleep, we'll wake you when they show Ninja Blade.

That was kind of my point, it can't just be a mic.

Yeah that's a good point, I forgot about Rock Band when they announced the EU pricing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yoboman said:
The breadcrumbs thing sounds stupid, and Molyneux sounds like he's building another game full of great ideas that come off as meagre in execution

Lighting is gorgeous though

Not sure about the breadcrumbs either but he is right about mini-maps, they did kill all adventuring in RPGs, Oblivion didn't have one and I didn't miss it.

FirewalkR

I was expecting better graphics from Rare, but then I was expecting Banjo to be a regular platformer and the simulation of the interaction of the vehicle building blocks and physics should be pretty CPU intensive. The concept of creating vehicles from building blocks could lead to really great gameplay and puzzles, I hope they release video demonstrating the possibilities.

This batch of Fable 2 pictures also doesn't impress me much, until I remember that it's a huge world AND that I already saw it moving last GDC and it looked awesome.

From what I see both of these are day 1 purchases for me.

Btw, I always thought Viva Pinata was kind of... for kids and stuff. Is it worth a buy? I gotta read a bit about the gameplay...

PS: That picture of Fable 2 with both characters and the dog is both weird and extremely cute at the same time. :lol

EDIT: lol hi George!

FightyF

Banned
FirewalkR said:
Btw, I always thought Viva Pinata was kind of... for kids and stuff. Is it worth a buy? I gotta read a bit about the gameplay...

Download the demo and try for yourself.[/FightyF the crackdealer]

FirewalkR

FightyF said:
Download the demo and try for yourself.[/FightyF the crackdealer]

I think I remember just some kind of "interactive video" demo on the marketplace... perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll give it a try.

NeXuSDK said:
There's a bit of both. Besides usual racing (we tried an 8-shaped track with checkpoints) we played some sumo (get points for staying in the ring) and a moving king-of-the-hill (everybody chases the hill and tries to stay inside, while it moves along a scripted path).

That sounds like some awesome fun.

oldergamer

Fable 2 looks great. Don't let the bad photoshop editing get to you in those larger pics. It's still going to look great.

PhatSaqs

Banned
oldergamer said:
Fable 2 looks great. Don't let the bad photoshop editing get to you in those larger pics. It's still going to look great.
Seriously. People seem desperate to downplay this for some reason. Ckecking out the GDC vids alone should give an idea how awesome it looks. Should get some newness today.

Everdred

meddow said:
Banjo looks great.

Loved the n64 ones.

Now all we need is KI3 plz :p
I believe that KI3 is in the works. So many people have requested as of late to turn the idea down. Rare even acknowledges it with their "pranks", jokes and fake rumors. There is a lack of good fighting games on 360 and KI is a great fighting game to fill the void. Of course this is just what I think and I'm usually full of shit.

FFChris

Ghost said:
Not sure about the breadcrumbs either but he is right about mini-maps, they did kill all adventuring in RPGs, Oblivion didn't have one and I didn't miss it.

I agree. Square adding mini-maps to FFX and FFXII really pissed me off, it was helpful for navigation and finding enemies, but it totally took out the exploration of a new area. I'm glad Molyneux has done away with them.

Edit: So how can I follow their announcements? Do MS have a special broadcast service, or do I have to follow it through liveblogs?

I thought the main problem with Viva was that you were only limited to a certain number of pinata in your garden. I hope they up the number for it but even then I don't want to have another Viva on my gamercard :p (let us delete the games MS ;))

I hope Banjo 3 will play as well as it looks, love the art.

Will we hear anything about the spring update?

oldergamer

Based on this image and what it says:

ki3.jpg

I'd think that Ki3 would be a multi player fighting game along the lines of smash bros.

Walshicus

Paranoid_Robot said:
I thought the main problem with Viva was that you were only limited to a certain number of pinata in your garden. I hope they up the number for it but even then I don't want to have another Viva on my gamercard :p (let us delete the games MS ;))

Huh? Why not?

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, I see:

CAMELS

I can't wait to breed fucking CAMELS in Viva Pinata. (It's the Genie Bottle House OF COURSE).

:D

BenjaminBirdie said:
I hope we get to see CAMELS!

(Oh my GOD, they'll be called CAMERELS WON'T THEY!!!!!!!!!!)
Are you talking about these?
i_467442.jpg

I really hate to kill your Camel boner but those are Rhinos.

TheOddOne

Has conference already started?

-> http://www.videogaming247.com/

MS Gamer’s Day: Banjo Kazooie 3 - first level in one of six gaming worlds described
MS Gamer’s Day: Banjo Kazooie 3 multiplayer details revealed
MS Gamer’s Day: Cluck Norriss one of over 100 creatures in Viva Pinata 2:lol :lol :lol
MS Gamer’s Day: Viva Pinata 2 contains option to skip all tutorials
MS Gamer’s Day: Viva Pinata 2 offline co-op confirmed

Top Bottom