• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

pswii60 said:
I really don't see Halo Wars coming out this year. Firstly, there's been a complete media blackout on it for ages now. Secondly, it doesn't even appear to be at this '2008' conference (according to folders etc on the MS press site). Finally, SurferGirl et al rumoured some time ago that they were re-doing most of it as unhappy with the initial outcome.

I could be wrong of course, but even if it is delayed until 2009 then at least it'll be for the right reasons. Rushing a mediocre game out under the Halo franchise wouldn't be the best idea.
And I don't want to see lame jokey comments about Halo 2 or 3 in reaction to the last sentence

Also, where would it fit in this year's schedule? I have February 2009 rattling around in my head for some reason. And E3 for the final unveil.

You are right.
It was a title I was ready to bet on for a 2008 release, but seems that something is not yet ready for this one (and for Too Human too).

acm2000

duckroll said:
Oh and a reminder (I really shouldn't bother), if any decent news thread degenerates into a bunch of screenshot wars and I see Crysis, Uncharted, Killzone, Gears of War, or whatever being compared to everything else, shit is going to go down. :p

but what the hell will kittonwy do?!? :lol

CowboyAstronaut said:
I can't understand any of it :(

A translation of NeXuS's article and Vinter's would be considerably helpful.

translate.google.com
Its not perfect but its good enough to understand. :)

Nice article Nexus!

TheOddOne said:
Ninja Blade , Ninja Blade why havn't thy shown yourself.

quite curious...the other games are from developers with some quality games under there belts... but why are people excited about ninja blades....froms games are usually pretty mediocre

voltron

McValdemar said:
You are right.
It was a title I was ready to bet on for a 2008 release, but seems that something is not yet ready for this one (and for Too Human too).

lol

Too Human will be out this year.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
nelsonroyale said:
quite curious...the other games are from developers with some quality games under there belts... but why are people excited about ninja blades....froms games are usually pretty mediocre

Because it's unknown and therefore 100% guaranteed to be awesome by GAF Logic™

Fables additions sound great, a side quest or item per every house or shop should make the game HUGE. Magic stuff sounds like a good evolution on the first game too.

Little disappointed with the VP2 additions, bigger garden was the one thing I really wanted. Piñatas interacting with more objects and each other should be fun. The new sharing thing sounds interesting, but it will be abused, I give it a month before someone has a made a barcode generator to give you whatever kind of pinata you want.

TheOddOne

nelsonroyale said:

Its true most From games are mediocure but it must be something special if maby Microsoft Game studios is publishing it (well most games just annouced are by MGS). Also MGS seems has gained some respect for choosing good quality games.

MirageDwarf said:
Did you guys see any other games which will be shown at the event? Not asking names, just yes or no?

No. I just visited Lionhead Studios, and I honestly don't know anything about Ninja Blade or Lips. So I'm just as pumped as you guys are. But I saw some stuff for their next game, but that is far into the future.

Just looking at these Fable 2 screenshots and remembering back to the GDC videos, you really see the kind of difference fantastic lighting can make in a game.

The Fable 2 screenshots look stunning enough by themselves already, but then when you factor in the impressive lighting and how the game comes together in motion, the killer art style, the populated look of the environments and the fact that it's also using 4xAA it's hard not to see this game as one of the best looking games this gen.

I can't help but wondering though, will they really be able to lock down the framerate on this game with all the impressive stuff it's doing visually? I'll have to see Banjo in video form first, but I really do think that Fable 2 is the most impressive looking 360 title we've seen to date, taking into consideration the type of game that it is.

From Software is actually pretty damn solid at making action games like this. Otogi is a good example and they really did put a lot of work into those games.

voltron

Vinterbird said:
No. I just visited Lionhead Studios, and I honestly don't know anything about Ninja Blade or Lips. So I'm just as pumped as you guys are. But I saw some stuff for their next game, but that is far into the future.

holy shit, tell us!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Even though I have no interest in Fable 2(first one disappointed me), it's sounding like an awesome game. Viva Pinata has caught my eye. Planning on picking up VP sometime soon.

voltron

A Viva Pinate sequel doesnt do much for me. I loved the original but it seems to me if you want another VP experience you could just re-play the first.

Fable 2 though.... jesus christ Im gonna gorge myself on that shit when it comes out.

Pistolero

CowboyAstronaut said:
Just looking at these Fable 2 screenshots and remembering back to the GDC videos, you really see the kind of difference fantastic lighting can make in a game.

The Fable 2 screenshots look stunning enough by themselves already, but then when you factor in the impressive lighting and how the game comes together in motion, the killer art style, the populated look of the environments and the fact that it's also using 4xAA it's hard not to see this game as one of the best looking games this gen.

I can't help but wondering though, will they really be able to lock down the framerate on this game with all the impressive stuff it's doing visually? I'll have to see Banjo in video form first, but I really do think that Fable 2 is the most impressive looking 360 title we've seen to date, taking into consideration the type of game that it is.

From Software is actually pretty damn solid at making action games like this. Otogi is a good example and they really did put a lot of work into those games.

A month ago, I would have laughed at your post. But now that the pictures are here, I have to agree (to a certain extent at least). That picture with the characters heading to a forest is magnificient. I'll wait for a video but things seem to bode well for Lionhead. But they must, must get an equally fluid game because if not, visuals efforts will go to waste.
One of the most (technically) promising game sof the 360 by far...

NeXuSDK

About Banjo multiplayer: we played some 8-player local matches, not sure if that will be the final limit though.

In my time with VP I also discovered something that looked like online competitions between pinatas. It's always fun snooping around in early code :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
NeXuSDK said:
About Banjo multiplayer: we played some 8-player local matches, not sure if that will be the final limit though.

In my time with VP I also discovered something that looked like online competitions between pinatas. It's always fun snooping around in early code :D

Nice, was all the banjo multiplayer racing of some description? Point to Point or track?

TheOddOne

NeXuSDK said:

WOW.

Aaron

TheOddOne said:
Its true most From games are mediocure but it must be something special if maby Microsoft Game studios is publishing it (well most games just annouced are by MGS). Also MGS seems has gained some respect for choosing good quality games.
Or it could be that Otogi was one of the greatest and most underappreciated action series ever made, and another game from the same brain would be a slice of heaven. Since it's pretty unlikely this is being made by the Armored Core team.

Pistolero said:
A month ago, I would have laughed at your post. But now that the pictures are here, I have to agree (to a certain extent at least). That picture with the characters heading to a forest is magnificient. I'll wait for a video but things seem to bode well for Lionhead. But they must, must get an equally fluid game because if not, visuals efforts will go to waste.
One of the most (technically) promising game sof the 360 by far...

I'd say most technically and artistically promising by far :)

Oh and sorry guys didn't mean to make you guys think that was a new video. Just a reminder as to how incredible this game really looks.

It's pretty much what's been holding me over until I get some new footage :lol

Endless

Kafel said:
This one seems nice : http://www.xboxlife.dk/shots/490/vis/000033

Is it possible to see it full size ?

FOlE6NT-0z-9WQVCB7eAVIwchH2-Estz

/Edit

NeXuSDK

Ghost said:
Nice, was all the banjo multiplayer racing of some description? Point to Point or track?

There's a bit of both. Besides usual racing (we tried an 8-shaped track with checkpoints) we played some sumo (get points for staying in the ring) and a moving king-of-the-hill (everybody chases the hill and tries to stay inside, while it moves along a scripted path).

Onions

So gaf rather wants to run and jump around to find jigsaws and notes instead of running, jumping, hoovering, driving, flying around to find jigsaws, notes and vehicleparts?

That is just awesome
ly stupid

Viva Pinata 2/ Fable2 sound good and look fantastic.

I have my finger's crossed for the Molynater successfully obliterating the mini map, I hate that stupid thing, always on screen + following the "green arrow" sucks in comparison to actually exploring the world.

Wtf is Ninja Blade and how is it supposed to be any good?

Where are my Ninja Gaiden 2/Too Human demos at?

When will I be able to gaze at Banjo 3 in motion?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Onions said:
So gaf rather wants to run and jump around to find jigsaws and notes instead of running, jumping, hoovering, driving, flying around to find jigsaws, notes and vehicleparts?

That is just awesome
ly stupid

Viva Pinata 2/ Fable2 sound good and look fantastic.

I have my finger's crossed for the Molynater successfully obliterating the mini map, I hate that stupid thing, always on screen + following the "green arrow" sucks in comparison to actually exploring the world.

Wtf is Ninja Blade and how is it supposed to be any good?

Where are my Ninja Gaiden 2/Too Human demos at?

When will I be able to gaze at Banjo 3 in motion?

The conference is today in San Francisco. So we should actually see video in about 6-8 hours.

Ramirez

pswii60 said:
What's so awesome about that shot? The outdoor ones are tons better. Regardless, it looks better in motion (in the old GT video). The shadowing and lighting is particularly impressive.

I just love how the light pours through the window, I just find it to be a really awesome shot artistically, they all look good no doubt.

duckroll said:
Ugly game is ugly. Could we have less screens of ugly games and more screens of NINJA BLADE please? :(

Wow I totally wasn't paying attention. One of my favorites posters is now a mod :D

My curiosity is also running pretty wild in regards to Ninja Blade. MOSTLY because Microsoft has managed to keep the damn game a secret.... that could be a potential recipe for a megaton.

Ramirez I also thought that shot was pretty damn impressive.

TheOddOne

CowboyAstronaut said:
Wow I totally wasn't paying attention. One of my favorites posters is now a mod :D

My curiosity is also running pretty wild in regards to Ninja Blade. MOSTLY because Microsoft has managed to keep the damn game a secret.... that could be a potential recipe for a megaton.

Ramirez I also thought that shot was pretty damn impressive.

Please do tell what he saw.

[edit]: meh i thought you where talking about the ninja game.

I find lips the most intriguing, mostly because I can`t imagine what the hell it might be. Surely all voice input mechanisms have been tried. It'll either be total poo or genius.

Top Bottom