• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS promises to bring more first party games to PC

nbthedude

This is something that Microsoft do right and Sony need to follow.

I hope they stay with Steam (and now Win8 only BS) like what they are doing now, Microsoft allow their IP like State of Decay to be on Steam (and published games like Mark of Ninja as well) it's good for Microsoft and the developers and the gamers and don't really hurt Xbox.

Or why don't they just sell Steam codes/activations through their silly App service.

Win/win.

We don't get their bullshit infrastructure. They don't have to give Valve a cut of the profits.

Because publishers will be all over a gfwl successor after they just spent money and time having to patch gfwl out of their games because Microsoft stopped supporting it. They give this same speech every few years and nothing meaningful ever comes of it, I'm assuming because the Xbox division blocks any real effort being put into it.

LowerLevel

I really doubt that they're going to use the W8 store for PC ports. MGS's latest title, State of Decay, is on Steam. And the Halo games are in the database.

Optimism! Maybe KI will make it to PC! Optimism!

Exactly! It's not like PUBLISHER Microsoft still doesn't get their money. This past summer may have been an intervention for MS.
let's hope so anyways...

jaypah

Works for me. I don't really care what service I get PC games from. Sure, I love Steam but it will never be a deal breaker.

Durante

I think, and long-time PC gamers will agree, that this is around the 4th or 5th time MS has made this statement since entering the console market.

2 possible outcomes:
- it's bullshit again (most likely)
- "more projects on Windows" means locking more shovelware exclusively to their shitty Windows 8 store

Crawl

I think, and long-time PC gamers will agree, that this is around the 4th or 5th time MS has made this statement since entering the console market.

2 possible outcomes:
- "more projects on Windows" means locking more shovelware exclusively to their shitty Windows 8 store

/thread

MS has been stating this shit since Windows XP. I feel bad for all of you who even get remotely excited by this.

MS is as committed to PC gaming as South Africa was committed to equality during apartheid.

2 possible outcomes:

Probably. The signing of Jason Holtman gives me some hope but my expectations are low.

Atolm

I would upgrade to Windows 8 just to play Killer Instinct. That way I don't have to buy a new console for 1 game

And this is why all of this talking is nonsense and things will remain as they are. They want consumers like you to buy the console.

Category G

Neo Member
I'd be happy enough with Microsoft if they just worked on getting more mid tier projects out on the PC space. I'm not too fussed about their big IPs as they're always going to be used to drive console sales, but I wish they'd do more releases like they did with Age of Empires II (they could start by putting the Black & White games on Steam). Still, past experience suggests nothing will change.

Crackdown, Lost Odyssey and Crimson Skies please Microsoft.

Alternatively this.

veras

They make this same fake promise all the time, and right now it's less believable than ever - it would be completely illogical to give people less reason to buy an Xbox One given the current state of market perception

Psi

A service like Xbox Live that knows me and my content and my friends and achievements across all these devices.

It sounds like it's just another GFWL. It better not be anything more than an overlay that isn't ingrained in the game at all.

Halo 3 seven year port confirmed.

I can only hope!

Halo 3 and ODST (don't personally care after that)
Fable 2 (personal favorite Fable)
Banjo Kazooie 1+2 XBLA ports and Nuts & Bolts
Shadow Complex, Castlevania SotN (you know what? come out with all XBLA games on PC!)
Gears Trilogy
Crackdown 1+2
Kameo & Perfect Dark Zero

If Microsoft would do that I would finally be able to sell my 360.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
MS gets a lot of flak for this but I don't understand why. They're bringing (often good) games to another platform. This is one of the very few pro-consumer policies MS has left.

More first party games? It is not like they have a lot of first party games to share. And probably many of Microsofts first party titles are Kinect.

Yeah, and my balls are made of gold. MS tried this with Halo 2 and Shadowrun being Vista exclusives and both sucked. If they make them 8/8.1 exclusive, they can kiss their asses goodbye.

Still waiting on that PC version of Halo 3, Micorosft.

This is the one area that could give their exclusives such a boost over the PS4, get on with it godammit.

Right when I thought it was dead. Motherfucker. Xbox Live does not give you any advantages on PC! Why can't just developing games on the Windows platform be enough? Why tie an anchor on to more PC games with these halfass attempts at forcing PC gamers into the XBox Live ecosystem? Damn it, Microsoft.

Qassim

Bring over some of those XBOne exclusives like Forza, I'd like to treat it to some amazing image quality.

aeolist

Banned
MS gets a lot of flak for this but I don't understand why. They're bringing (often good) games to another platform. This is one of the very few pro-consumer policies MS has left.

the only games that they've done this with recently were indie titles published by mgs where they didn't own the ip and it would have ended up on pc eventually anyway

actual for real first party ports ended years ago and were horrible before that

Shambles

Go get bent you lying sacks of garbage. You come out with this garbage every year and every year you continue to do your best to try to bury PC gaming to push people to the Xbox. We don't care about you anymore.

MS has been stating this shit since Windows XP. I feel bad for all of you who even get remotely excited by this.

MS is as committed to PC gaming as South Africa was committed to equality during apartheid.

Much better said than I.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What games? Gears 1 with no sequels? Halo 2 as a Vista exclusive?

I guess they did Age of Empires and Flight Simul... Oh wait.

Mass Effect and Alan Wake off the top of my head. And patchy PC releases is better than no PC releases at all, as far as I'm concerned.

They could definitely be better, though, I agree.

[edit] I'm probably being skewed in my head because I haven't gamed properly on PC for quite a while. I only have a Bootcamped iMac for The Sims and replaying old games these days.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It will probably be something like Full House Poker then nothing for 6 years because oh right, we need people to buy the xbox.

Mass Effect and Alan Wake off the top of my head. And patchy PC releases is better than no PC releases at all, as far as I'm concerned.

They could definitely be better, though, I agree.

These were games they did not prevent from coming to PC, eventually, but they put no money or effort into the development. They just stepped out of the way after sometime and let the IP holders release PC versions.

would play the shit out of banjo kazooie nuts and bolts with steam workshop

crimson dragon and killer instinct would also be much appreciated sometime down the line

Top Bottom