• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS will have 14 xbox studio games at E3

Darius87

Sarcasm, right? They didn't do that bad. Phil had a lot to fix however.
how not that bad? looking from games perspective this must be worst generation for xbox ever, original xbox had much better games than xone, but less sales even though it was new platform at the moment and ps2 was dominating.

Alebrije

14 new games , saddly no from Obsidian since they are busy with Outher worlds.

If MS manage to get 3 great games/franchises from those 14 projects would be a winning

Phil is just doing promoting his brand , but remember E3 2018 it was the same and basically nothing changed....

Last edited:

Stuart360

The Good

- Halo Infinite
- Outer Worlds
- Gears 5
- Cyberpunk (MS got marketing dibs I think)

The Bad

- Ninja Theory IP will be some multiplayer game, despite the studio being known for singleplayer. This is totally something MS would do.
- Rare. They haven't done anything good except for a collection of their old games.
- From Software's Game of Thrones (same as Cyberpunk, MS got marketing). You just know that From got the B team for this one. The game will probably be fine but goddamn I'm so tired of hearing about this franchise lol
Well Froms 'B Team' supposedly made Dark Souls 2, and thats my fave Souls. I wouldnt write off their GOT game, if it actually happens.

Xenon

Ill admit though people having low expectations here are warranted. MS has been screwed by its GaS/Forced multiplayer past and Kinect. So many bad decisions. The biggest for me was Buying the Gears IP and forcing one of their new promising studios to make sequels. Nobody is buying an Xbox to play Gears. It was a safe move to try and capture former success, but as their other titles are showing, people have moved on.

For me every E3 confrence after the XO's release has been a disappointment. Im not expecting much out of this years show. But will be happy to be proven wrong.

NickFire

With all the cross play talk, launching games on Steam, launching games on Switch, I'm kind of intrigued by what they are going to show on the software side. To me it sounds like they have more reason than ever to invest heavily into first party games. Maybe they really are about to blow doors off with games this time. And they are likely to share a lot on the next console. Very exciting indeed.

Darius87

Darius can't be serious...acting like a true fanboy, never read so much gibberish in my life.

Here put this on 🤡
no i'm not fanboy, i had 2 original xboxes and xbox360, i actually doubt many people know meaning of a fanboy they just calling people falsely fanboy, if company sucks i have no problem telling that and if you think i'm lying or overstating something in my post you should quote me on that.

Wimbledon

I really want Microsoft to resurrect a big 3. I remember in 2007 they had Gears , Mass Effect , and Halo.

I forget the magizine but it showed Masterchief, commander shepherd and Marcus Fenix all standing next to each other. It was awesome to see those big titles, and these larger then life characters they really defined the xbox around that time.

Hope to see that at E3 , new IP that hopefully they can build upon and make that new big 3, around Masterchief/Halo.

Last edited:

Teslerum

14 new games , saddly no from Obsidian since they are busy with Outher worlds.

They are not. (At least not the whole studio)

Outer World is wrapping up, they have started one BIG project for Microsoft in September last year and an addational (probably smaller one) in store as well.

So, 3 we know about existing.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The Good

- Halo Infinite
- Outer Worlds
- Gears 5
- Cyberpunk (MS got marketing dibs I think)

The Bad

- Ninja Theory IP will be some multiplayer game, despite the studio being known for singleplayer. This is totally something MS would do.
- Rare. They haven't done anything good except for a collection of their old games.
- From Software's Game of Thrones (same as Cyberpunk, MS got marketing). You just know that From got the B team for this one. The game will probably be fine but goddamn I'm so tired of hearing about this franchise lol
It's not multiplayer as in a multiplayer only game. It has co-op, so you can play with your friends. It's not a hack and slash game but a melee combat game similar to those 90s Beat em'up(which also had co-op). This project was in works since 5 years, it has co-op because of its structure not because MS intervened. They made a similar game called Kung Fu Chaos for OG Xbox which also had co-op(although not multiplayer co-op).

CaptainClaw

no i'm not fanboy, i had 2 original xboxes and xbox360, i actually doubt many people know meaning of a fanboy they just calling people falsely fanboy, if company sucks i have no problem telling that and if you think i'm lying or overstating something in my post you should quote me on that.
You could've owned a Ferrari and a bar of Gold too...means nothing that previous post from you was pure gibberish

how not that bad? looking from games perspective this must be worst generation for xbox ever, original xbox had much better games than xone, but less sales even though it was new platform at the moment and ps2 was dominating.
It was lacking, I will not disagree. It was probably the worst Xbox generation on record. But it wasn’t a train wreck.

Lone Wolf

I really want Microsoft to resurrect a big 3. I remember in 2007 they had Gears , Mass Effect , and Halo.

I forget the magizine but it showed Masterchief, commander shepherd and Marcus Fenix all standing next to each other. It was awesome to see those big titles, and these larger then life characters they really defined the xbox around that time.

Hope to see that at E3 , new IP that hopefully they can build upon and make that new big 3, around Masterchief/Halo.
Microsoft did publish the first Mass Effect, would be nice if they funded a remake of the first game. Doubt it will happen though. EA has destroyed Mass Effect. I expect to never see it again.

sainraja

Yeah erm... look I get it, neoGaf is very anti MS and pro Sony. I get it.

But... come on, eh? You guys do this all the time, with the shifting goal posts. MS has no studios... they buy them... now they are bad for buying studios. MS never shows games at E3... they show them... then they are bad for showing too many games not exclusive. MS has no exclusives... they announce they will be showing 14... and now you moan that they likely won’t interest you.

I get it. Some people have an unhealthy obsession to their plastic box. It’s the same with anything that has fans. I know football fans who refuse to believe any other team can do well.

But I have a question...

Why the fuck are you posting in these threads? Every single one of them that has anything positive about Xbox, there are people moaning about how it’s not enough, or it’s too late, or that MS don’t care because they have pc games or whatever the hell new excuse it is this week.

Like... come the fuck on, grow up, eh? PlayStation has great games and something to offer. Xbox has great games and something to offer. Just enjoy the damn spectacle and be excited for all the cool stuff about to drop real damn soon.

Stop looking at everything from that point of view (US v. Them) and many people will start making more sense. :D

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Pretty hyped! Microsoft

Count me in on the hype. :goog_cool:
giphy.gif

Alebrije

They are not. (At least not the whole studio)

Outer World is wrapping up, they have started one BIG project for Microsoft in September last year and an addational (probably smaller one) in store as well.

So, 3 we know about existing.

Well if that is the case hope Obsidian makes a Fallout Killer ( myabe is Outher Worlds) with similar posapocaliptic lore, something that can compete and surpass Fallout since it seems Behtesda dropped the ball time ago.

Microsoft can keep deliver Halo, Gears , Forza if they keep giving money but what they really need are fresh winning franchises.

Darius87

It was lacking, I will not disagree. It was probably the worst Xbox generation on record. But it wasn’t a train wreck.
the point that is worst generation tells it all, but the problem is ms isn't really doing much to become what they were previous gen like, actually they moving away from that.
making exclussives available to pc must most ridiculous move ever, even worse then always online, all this drm stuff beginning of this gen, they made they console irrelevant on purpose, what's the reason owning xbox? i really struggle to find any reason.
i think they understand they can't compete with all these 1st party studios from sony and they giving up, going all in with mighty:
d4d0b4601d1400bbf22b56f0aa3f6b45.gif

the point that is worst generation tells it all, but the problem is ms isn't really doing much to become what they were previous gen like, actually they moving away from that.
making exclussives available to pc must most ridiculous move ever, even worse then always online, all this drm stuff beginning of this gen, they made they console irrelevant on purpose, what's the reason owning xbox? i really struggle to find any reason.
i think they understand they can't compete with all these 1st party studios from sony and they giving up, going all in with mighty:
Xbox Gaming is more than just a box in your living room. I personally don’t mind the thought of playing on my TV, then continuing my session on the PC if i had a capable enough machine. But Microsoft and Sony are in the gaming industry, not the console industry. Selling games for a profit is much better than selling consoles for a loss. What Microsoft is doing is something Sony is clearly going to mimic starting with Death Stranding. They would be foolish not to. Whether you play on Console, PC, Streaming and so on won’t matter, platform exclusives will. There are literally more ways to play and if Sony and Microsoft don’t follow that trend others will and consoles will die. They have to keep their users on their platforms to sell games and services but not solely ontheir consoles

Sure all that cloud and Kinect was a gimmick and eventually disappeared, but things are changing. The competition is growing and they need to reach out to many, not just a few.

Last edited:

Lol, heaven forbid multiplayer games are a focus. It's so shocking there are actual people who don't like to sit in the dark eating their cheetos and playing their single player interactive movies. All that to say, if you like multiplayer games your opinion is wrong.

Stop looking at everything from that point of view (US v. Them) and many people will start making more sense. :D

That was literally his point :/

Last edited:

Stuart360

People keep saying this and it never makes sense to me. Do you think there are millions of PC gamers deperately waiting for an excuse to go out and buy an Xbox?, as a PC gamer i'll give you a clue, they aren't.
Releasing their games on PC gives them 2 markets instead of 1. Sony should do the same imo, and i wouldnt be surprised if they do eventually.

People keep saying this and it never makes sense to me. Do you think there are millions of PC gamers deperately waiting for an excuse to go out and buy an Xbox?, as a PC gamer i'll give you a clue, they aren't.
Releasing their games on PC gives them 2 markets instead of 1. Sony should do the same imo, and i wouldnt be surprised if they do eventually.
Do you really think the 100m+ userbase the PS4 is gonna end with will not gonna have millions people that have a gaming PC?

midouglas

Neo Member
Didn't even think about DLC, probably gonna take up a good chunk of the 14.

Definitely think this excludes DLC unless it's a massive expansion to a game as Phil know's he'll be called up on it.

Expecting AAA Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza 8 (infinite just like Halo) and Ninja Theory project. Other announcements will be projects further down the timeline OR smaller studio games similar to Cuphead.

Darius87

Xbox Gaming is more than just a box in your living room. I personally don’t mind the thought of playing on my TV, then continuing my session on the PC if i had a capable enough machine.
with consoles comes easy of use and comfort playing games, now if you migrating from one to another system it's actually oposite from what consoles are and it's unnecessary hurdle.

But Microsoft and Sony are in the gaming industry, not the console industry. Selling games for a profit is much better than selling consoles for a loss.
no ones selling consoles for a loss right now, actually without consoles business game business would decline it's simple as that.

What Microsoft is doing is something Sony is clearly going to mimic starting with Death Stranding.

you have to stop believing nonsense some people claiming here(there's no exclussive mark on DS cover :messenger_grinning_squinting:) first of all i wouldn't call that a cover, i can asure you that DS isn't coming anywhere else except ps platforms, simply because decima engine is sony's first party studio(guerilla) proprietary engine and it's optimized for ps4.

They would be foolish not to. Whether you play on Console, PC, Streaming and so on won’t matter, platform exclusives will.

so how platform exclusives will matter? if it's on multiple platforms so that isn't exclussive anymore is it? :messenger_confused:that doesn't make any sense what you're telling.

There are literally more ways to play and if Sony and Microsoft don’t follow that trend others will and consoles will die. They have to keep their users on their platforms to sell games and services but not solely ontheir consoles.

i don't think that's what's gonna happen with sony it would be the end of theyr domination in consoles and gaming business, ms might think like that because they have no other choice they can't beat sony old way.

People keep saying this and it never makes sense to me. Do you think there are millions of PC gamers deperately waiting for an excuse to go out and buy an Xbox?, as a PC gamer i'll give you a clue, they aren't. Releasing their games on PC gives them 2 markets instead of 1. Sony should do the same imo, and i wouldnt be surprised if they do eventually.

what market? pirating torrent market? yes that what they get, how many gamers do you think owns capable pc running current gen games compared with consoles? not much. and it will be even much worse when next-gen consoles arrive, and how many hurdles devs have to overcome porting game to multiple configuration, a lot, console market is where all the money are, that's why you won't see RDR2 and DS on PC.

Stuart360

what market? pirating torrent market? yes that what they get, how many gamers do you think owns capable pc running current gen games compared with consoles? not much. and it will be even much worse when next-gen consoles arrive, and how many hurdles devs have to overcome porting game to multiple configuration, a lot, console market is where all the money are, that's why you won't see RDR2 and DS on PC.
Clueless.

with consoles comes easy of use and comfort playing games, now if you migrating from one to another system it's actually oposite from what consoles are and it's unnecessary hurdle.

You must be naive to the wave of streaming services that are about to flood the market. That's way cheaper and way easier then buying a console.

no ones selling consoles for a loss right now, actually without consoles business game business would decline it's simple as that.

Next gen will most certainly be sold at a loss, especially in the begining. Year 3 is probably when they will make a little money per console.

you have to stop believing nonsense some people claiming here(there's no exclussive mark on DS cover :messenger_grinning_squinting:) first of all i wouldn't call that a cover, i can asure you that DS isn't coming anywhere else except ps platforms, simply because decima engine is sony's first party studio(guerilla) proprietary engine and it's optimized for ps4.

You haven't been reading the news then. If it were a PS4 Exclusive, they would've said it. There is no reason to deny it.

so how platform exclusives will matter? if it's on multiple platforms so that isn't exclussive anymore is it? :messenger_confused:that doesn't make any sense what you're telling.

Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Microsoft and so on, all have a platform that spans multiple devices. Sony, for now, does not.

i don't think that's what's gonna happen with sony it would be the end of theyr domination in consoles and gaming business, ms might think like that because they have no other choice they can't beat sony old way.

No one needs to beat anyone, there isn't an end game there. Both sides need to sell games and services, that's the whole point of all of this. To make a profit by having people pay for PSN, PSNow, Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass, xCloud, etc. RMR baby.

AlexxKidd

Sea of Thieves bros.

Fair enough, you're right. Allow me to make a quick adjustment to my list:

1. Crackdown 4
2. Crackdown 4 Plus
3. Crackdown Battle Royale
4. Gears 5
5. Gears 5 Arena
6. Gears 6 (concept art, no gameplay shown)
7. Halo Infinite
8. Halo Ad Infinitum
9. Halo MCC Enhanced Plus (playable demo)
10. Forza Motorsport 8
11. Forza Motorsport 9 (early build)
12. Forza Horizon 5
13. Sea of Thieves: Things to Do Edition
14. Gears of Halo (new IP)

I removed Forza Street 2 from my list as I now believe the game will be withheld until XO19 in November.

Pallas

Gold Member
Wonder if we will see what InExile is working on, and hopefully get a better look at the Bleeding Edge game from Ninja Theory, also one of Rare’s old IP’s besides Battle Toads would be nice.

Fair enough, you're right. Allow me to make a quick adjustment to my list:

1. Crackdown 4
2. Crackdown 4 Plus
3. Crackdown Battle Royale
4. Gears 5
5. Gears 5 Arena
6. Gears 6 (concept art, no gameplay shown)
7. Halo Infinite
8. Halo Ad Infinitum
9. Halo MCC Enhanced Plus (playable demo)
10. Forza Motorsport 8
11. Forza Motorsport 9 (early build)
12. Forza Horizon 5
13. Sea of Thieves: Things to Do Edition
14. Gears of Halo (new IP)

I removed Forza Street 2 from my list as I now believe the game will be withheld until XO19 in November.

Could you be a little more serious?

Microsoft is going to kill it this E3 and that's got folks running scared.

Are they though? I'm not. I'm sure Sony are employing a wait and see strategy and Nintendo are supposedly friends with Microsoft now so no beef. It all depends on what those games are. Quality over quantity after all.

Darius87

Clueless.
great argument stuee!!! you've won :messenger_poop:. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

You must be naive to the wave of streaming services that are about to flood the market. That's way cheaper and way easier then buying a console.

no i'm living in present time while you in the future, and no ones knows how streaming will turn out and you already claim that's it's gonna flood the market. good prophercy my friend. #onlive

Next gen will most certainly be sold at a loss, especially in the begining. Year 3 is probably when they will make a little money per console.

now compare that to full console cycle which is around 8 years(sony) so 5 years making money vs 3 years not making money sound like a good deal to me, specially when end of console cycle they would make much more vs lose in first 3 years.

You haven't been reading the news then. If it were a PS4 Exclusive, they would've said it. There is no reason to deny it.

:messenger_grinning_squinting: and i'm the one naive. #keep the hope alive.

Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Microsoft and so on, all have a platform that spans multiple devices. Sony, for now, does not.

i know, but it has nothing to do with exclussivity like you mentioned in previous comment.

No one needs to beat anyone, there isn't an end game there. Both sides need to sell games and services, that's the whole point of all of this. To make a profit by having people pay for PSN, PSNow, Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass, xCloud, etc. RMR baby.
certainly ms need more marketshare from sony and vise versa so there's yours end goal.

CaptainClaw

Man stop, just stop who are you fooling you say you have an issue with MS...whatever sure, but the basis of your argument Has no base, no leg to stand on. How doe MS making their Exclusive available on PC and other devices make them any worse off? Like you don't have to buy an Xbox you some how have this issue with MS not wanting to selling games exclusively on their console? You're living in some fanboy bubble and you don't even realise it...jeez

Last edited:

urmie

Made some changes to your list. Do we really believe that DLC will make the main stage? Phil said 14 games, that better not include DLC.

I like the changes. Much neater layout.

The key to Phil's tweet is 14 Xbox Studios are gonna show something. He didn't say all 14 would be showing new games, so some will be DLC related.

"We have 14 Xbox Game Studios games in the show this year"

Of course, we all like surprises.

How doe MS making their Exclusive available on PC and other devices make them any worse off?

Because it means you don't need an XBOX.

Console development is incredibly expensive. All the R&D creating a console, the software engineers that create the development tools, the hardware engineers who create the physical shape and design of the product, the marketing budget needed to make your product market aware world wide, the money to fund game development and form deals, provide a warranty and customer service etc. The cost of the business is well within the billions. That's why Sony and Nintendo keep Mario and Uncharted and all their IP on their platforms because you need a USP.

However.

A PC/Laptop is used for a great many thing. They are easily available and Microsoft Windows is sold with a staggering majority of those devices. They are produced and sold by many different companies who equally share burden, unlike the console manufacturer. There are billions of these devices in the world. I own a desktop PC and two laptops myself. One being a Mac but the point stands.

If Microsoft show a great looking exclusive on stage at E3 designed to sell me an XBOX and I want to play it, I'm not buying an XBOX, I'll get it for PC. The console becomes redundant and many gamers I know are similar in their approach. My playstation runs my household, it's my entertainment system and the core of my games. Anything else, I have my desktop and if i want to play on the go, I have a Vita and a Switch.

It's simple. You can eradicate the console and save billions. They're only doing it for brand awareness. I stand firm in my belief that Microsoft could go third party with a gaming service on nearly every device and they would single handedly be the biggest third party publisher over night and they'd make far more money licensing the XBOX brand.

Last edited:

Darius87

Man stop, just stop who are you fooling you say you have an issue with MS...whatever sure, but the basis of your argument Has no base, no leg to stand on.
no basis? :messenger_grinning_squinting: are you even reading? all these post from me is about games.
How doe MS making their Exclusive available on PC and other devices make them any worse off? Like you don't have to buy an Xbox you some how have this issue with MS not wanting to selling games exclusively on their console? You're living in some fanboy bubble and you don't even realise it...jeez
well if it's not worse then how it's better for xbox player that these games now are on pc? selling xboxes and playing them on pc must be really good deal for ms? how many xbox players migrated to ps4? decreased fan base accomplished :messenger_peace: oh wait they have game pass :messenger_grinning: stupid!!!
why i or anyone should get xboxone over ps4 or pc? for what reason? it doesn't have exclussives which in the past they had, the games ms have are same iterattion over and over, and then some unfinished :messenger_poop: , that's not apealing at all.

CaptainClaw

If Microsoft show a great looking exclusive on stage at E3 designed to sell me an XBOX and I want to play it, I'm not buying an XBOX, I'll get it for PC.

That's exactly my point ffs...you don't need an XBOX...MS can be successful making just games why does realising it on other devices affect the game?...you literally replied to what I was exactly stating :/

VAL0R

Banned
Gears 5
Ori 2
Halo Infinite
Bleeding Edge (Team Ninja)
Rare IP (rumored multiplayer)
Battletoads
Outer Worlds
Killer Instinct 4
Fable
Age of Empires 4(?)
Wasteland 3 (?)
State of Decay (Trumbull Valley DLC)
Forza Horizon 4 (LEGO[?] DLC)
Crackdown 3 (Keys to the City DLC)

CaptainClaw

no basis? :messenger_grinning_squinting: are you even reading? all these post from me is about games.

well if it's not worse then how it's better for xbox player that these games now are on pc? selling xboxes and playing them on pc must be really good deal for ms? how many xbox players migrated to ps4? decreased fan base accomplished :messenger_peace: oh wait they have game pass :messenger_grinning: stupid!!!
why i or anyone should get xboxone over ps4 or pc? for what reason? it doesn't have exclussives which in the past they had, the games ms have are same iterattion over and over, and then some unfinished :messenger_poop: , that's not apealing at all.
Lol again keep enjoying this imaginary bubble you're in...you literally have no clue what you're talking about if an Xbox player wants to play on Xbox he/she can do whatever the he'll they want...if a PC player wants to play Xbox games on PC he/she can do whatever the he'll they want...does that stop Xbox games from being any good?....

You sound hella stupid

That's exactly my point ffs...you don't need an XBOX...MS can be successful making just games why does realising it on other devices affect the game?...you literally replied to what I was exactly stating :/

No, you very clearly said:

How does MS making their Exclusive available on PC and other devices make them any worse off?

And the answer I provided was they are billions worse off because they're producing and making one of the most expensive consumer electronic products in the world when in reality they can just drop that, license the brand to people like HP, Asus, Lenovo, Dell etc who can create hardware that is in effect "an XBOX" and let them take care of the hardware. Microsoft can then go on stage with millions of Playstation consoles, millions of Switch consoles, all those laptops, desktop computers, mobile devices etc and show why they would be the biggest and best 3rd party developer.

But they spend billions on the console so they are worse off.

midouglas

Neo Member
Gears 5
Ori 2
Halo Infinite
Bleeding Edge (Team Ninja)
Rare IP (rumored multiplayer)
Battletoads
Outer Worlds
Killer Instinct 4
Fable
Age of Empires 4(?)
Wasteland 3 (?)
State of Decay (Trumbull Valley DLC)
Forza Horizon 4 (LEGO[?] DLC)
Crackdown 3 (Keys to the City DLC)

Forza 8 (Infinite) also...

CaptainClaw

No, you very clearly said:

How does MS making their Exclusive available on PC and other devices make them any worse off?

And the answer I provided was they are billions worse off because they're producing and making one of the most expensive consumer electronic products in the world when in reality they can just drop that, license the brand to people like HP, Asus, Lenovo, Dell etc who can create hardware that is in effect "an XBOX" and let them take care of the hardware. Microsoft can then go on stage with millions of Playstation consoles, millions of Switch consoles, all those laptops, desktop computers, mobile devices etc and show why they would be the biggest and best 3rd party developer.

But they spend billions on the console so they are worse off.
No.

How does it make the "EXCLUSIVES" games any worse off. The guy I previously quoted was talking about their exclusives lmao.

Last edited:

scalman

14 maybe but how much of those small games and how many large ones.. .. thats the question... you can have 50 games but if 35 of the are indies it doesnt count much

No.

How does it make the "EXCLUSIVES" games any worse off. The guy I previously quoted was talking about their exclusives lmao.

Well your wording was quite poor then because i didn't read it that way. Context please.

Though the answer there really then is they're not exclusives so the question becomes an oxymoron.

Darius87

Lol again keep enjoying this imaginary bubble you're in...you literally have no clue what you're talking about if an Xbox player wants to play on Xbox he/she can do whatever the he'll they want...if a PC player wants to play Xbox games on PC he/she can do whatever the he'll they want...does that stop Xbox games from being any good?....
You sound hella stupid
someone just explained to you in comment #137 and you still don't get the obvious, sorry it's retard alert for you.
giphy.gif

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Be sure to over-hype everything MS, over promise and under deliver they always say.

CaptainClaw

Well your wording was quite poor then because i didn't read it that way. Context please.

Though the answer there really then is they're not exclusives so the question becomes an oxymoron.
Exclusive...inclusives whatever I'm talking about their games you would know the context if you read what I was replying to

Top Bottom