• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS will have 14 xbox studio games at E3

Mattyp

Gold Member
I actually don’t remember ever seeing someone cheating when I was playing online on PC, it’s not rampant as you might think. Also, the way you are replying, are you 12 years old or something? And by the way, tons of people now buy those aim assist attachments for PS4 and Xbox One si cheating is actually quite rampant on consoles, on PC there is anti cheating software to detect this kind of stuff, people get banned constantly because of it and makes the online on PC pretty even for everyone.

Cheating is nonexistent on consoles end of story. Some controller add-ons for autofire etc? Will do nothing against a good player.

PC game cheating is rampant and absolutely ruins the game. You have no chance skilled or not. It's an epidemic and why you see even youtubers and their game of choice constantly posting montages of it.

I haven't played a PC game in the past 2 years that I haven't been exposed to cheating in 1 out of every 4 matches I would say. It's why I play FPS exclusively on console and let my masterrace rig gather dust, it's not worth the anger I get from the shit. With the rare amount of time I get for gaming I want it enjoyable, not a ranked match where I get punished for leaving after getting stuck with a cheater for 15 minutes of my time.

I hope i can play all these "exclusives" on my Xbox One S and if something tickles my fancy, i dont have to buy a next gen xbox.

Mattyp

Gold Member
I hope i can play all these "exclusives" on my Xbox One S and if something tickles my fancy, i dont have to buy a next gen xbox.

Considering they'll mostly be crossgen and you'll be able to stream them otherwise sure. Doubt you'll have to upgrade your xbox again if you don't wish to :messenger_winking:

Considering they'll mostly be crossgen and you'll be able to stream them otherwise sure. Doubt you'll have to upgrade your xbox again if you don't wish to :messenger_winking:
if xcloud works as it should it would be a pretty big boon for the X1s as its actually a pretty good little console..

Here are my predictions:

1. Gears 5 (The Coalition)
2. Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Studios Global Publishing)
4. Battletoads (XGSGP & Rare)
5. Forza Horizon 4 DLC - LEGO Expansion (Playground Games)
6. We Happy Few DLC 2 (Compulsion Games)
7. Age of Empires IV/II Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Studios Global Publishing)
8. State of Decay 2 DLC - Trumbull Valley (Undead Labs)
9. The Outer Worlds (Obsidian Entertainment)
10. Wasteland 3 (inXile Entertainment)
11. Untitled Ninja Theory game (Bleeding Edge?)
12. Untitled Xbox Game Studios Global Publishing game
13. Untitled Rare game
14. Fable (unlikely, but I’m hoping for a teaser)/New IP (Xbox Game Studios Global Publishing)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My 14 game predictions including DLC -

- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears POP
- Gears Tactics
- Forza Horizon 4 DLC
- Forza Street
- Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory)
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)
- Wasteland 1 Remaster (InXile)
- Wasteland 3 (InXile)
- The Bard's Tale IV (InXile)
- Minecraft DLC
- Battletoads
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps

- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears POP
- Gears Tactics
- Forza Horizon 4 DLC
- Forza Street
- Wasteland 3 (InXile)
- Minecraft DLC
- Battletoads

The Outer Worlds isn't published by Microsoft and is not a first party title. Wasteland is the same way and has been published by Deep Silver in the past. Since Microsoft scooped up these studios in the last year, I would have to assume they have to finish their obligations before showing any first party stuff.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Outer Worlds isn't published by Microsoft and is not a first party title. Wasteland is the same way and has been published by Deep Silver in the past. Since Microsoft scooped up these studios in the last year, I would have to assume they have to finish their obligations before showing any first party stuff.

True but I still believe that they will be part of the 14 games since Microsoft does own the Wasteland IP and both development studios. Also pretty sure they own The Outer Worlds IP as well but Take Two has publishing rights. Either way, im expecting Microsoft to pay Take Two to have complete control of the IP. But we'll see. One thing is for sure, a lot of people are going to overhype themselves and then be disappointed once the showcase ends.

True but I still believe that they will be part of the 14 games since Microsoft does own the Wasteland IP and both development studios. Also pretty sure they own The Outer Worlds IP as well but Take Two has publishing rights. Either way, im expecting Microsoft to pay Take Two to have complete control of the IP. But we'll see. One thing is for sure, a lot of people are going to overhype themselves and then be disappointed once the showcase ends.
You would be right, if this article is wrong. Also, the website for The Outer Worlds doesn't have Microsoft's copyright or name anywhere near it.
Reading between the lines, however, the team at Obsidian has to be incredibly busy right now. They’re currently working to port Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, which was funded on the Fig platform, to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. There’s the yearlong journey to get The Outer Worlds out the door, but there has to be at least one other project being developed behind closed doors. And it must be something to get Microsoft excited enough to purchase a studio that’s currently working on two other projects for people other than them.

The Wasteland IP is owned by InExile, so you might be right there.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
1. Halo Infinite
2. Gears 5
3. Gears Tactics
4. Gears Pops
5. Battletoads
6. Wasteland 3
7. Ninja Theory game - Outer Wilds?
8. Fable - Playground.
9. Forza
10. ???
11. ???
12. ???
13. ????
14. ???

Questionable if they would count Ori 2 as one.
Good list...I'll add to it:
  • Gears Pop wont be there.
  • Minecraft Dungeons likely.
  • Ninja Theory game = Bleeding Edge
  • Obsidian game = Outer Worlds
  • Forza is likely DLC (Lego is rumor?)
  • Age of Empires (via Relic Entertainment as a new studio acquisition)
  • Sea of Thieves....review of big DLC just released and chatter about roadmap, etc.

Kenpachii

Uncommon opinion, but I'd love another Nuts & Bolts

giphy.gif

Corrik

Good list...I'll add to it:
  • Gears Pop wont be there.
  • Minecraft Dungeons likely.
  • Ninja Theory game = Bleeding Edge
  • Obsidian game = Outer Worlds
  • Forza is likely DLC (Lego is rumor?)
  • Age of Empires (via Relic Entertainment as a new studio acquisition)
  • Sea of Thieves....review of big DLC just released and chatter about roadmap, etc.
I do not believe Relic will be acquired. That said...

1. Gears 5
2. Gears Tactics
3. Outer Worlds
4. Bleeding Edge
5. Forza
6. Minecraft Dungeons
7. Halo Infinite
8. Wasteland 3
9. Battletoads
10. Fable?
11. Perfect Dark?
12. Banjo ?
13. InXile RPG
14. ????

Questionable if Ori 2 would be considered one or not. Probably not.

Sea of Thieves I am pretty sure they said won't be there.

Age of Empires I think won't be there either.

Last edited:

Norse

Just thinking out loud here......any of you ever think that perhaps the studios MS just purchased had games far into development that swayed MS into purchasing them? If so we might get some unannounced games that may hit this holiday season.

On the Xbox/PC exclusive debate, I'm for both systems getting them. Xbox is a much cheaper option for the masses and expensive PC gaming rigs shouldn't be denied access. One other point is Xbox gives best option for Mac and chromebook owners to game.

Drewpee

Banned
For a company just announcing they have 14 games to show this thread is getting alot of hate.

I will never understand how people can put so much energy into hating one company while giving blinding loyalty to another. This goes for all types of entertainment but there is something overly nasty and negative in the videogame industry. There is a sense of entitlement and even some type of classism involved that makes following my favorite hobby and harder harder as i get older. I can't deal with all this stupid hatred and it is everywhere in videogames.

Last edited:
Yeah erm... look I get it, neoGaf is very anti MS and pro Sony. I get it.

But... come on, eh? You guys do this all the time, with the shifting goal posts. MS has no studios... they buy them... now they are bad for buying studios. MS never shows games at E3... they show them... then they are bad for showing too many games not exclusive. MS has no exclusives... they announce they will be showing 14... and now you moan that they likely won’t interest you.

I get it. Some people have an unhealthy obsession to their plastic box. It’s the same with anything that has fans. I know football fans who refuse to believe any other team can do well.

But I have a question...

Why the fuck are you posting in these threads? Every single one of them that has anything positive about Xbox, there are people moaning about how it’s not enough, or it’s too late, or that MS don’t care because they have pc games or whatever the hell new excuse it is this week.

Like... come the fuck on, grow up, eh? PlayStation has great games and something to offer. Xbox has great games and something to offer. Just enjoy the damn spectacle and be excited for all the cool stuff about to drop real damn soon.
This thread should end with this post! Well said.

1: Halo Infinite - New trailer, Gameplay and some information on Multiplayer with Holiday 2020 release

2: Gears 5 Full on Gameplay Demo, Release in Early September and Multiplayer Info

3: Forza Horizon 4 - DLC #2 Most Likely Lego Expansion

4: Battletoads - Small Gameplay Trailer and Release Date

5: Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Small Gameplay Trailer and Release Date (August)

6: Sea of Thieves - Small Teaser of Upcoming Content for 2019

7: Gears Tactics- Small Gameplay Trailer and Info Drop with Release Date

8: Age of Empires IV - Small Gameplay Trailer and Info Drop with 2020 Release Date

9: Bleeding Edge By Ninja Theory - Gameplay Demo and Info Drop with Early 2020 Release

10: Wasteland 3 Announcement By inXile

11: Halo: MCC

12: Minecraft Dungeons

13: Perfect Dark Reboot Announcement - By Coalition under Rare Supervision

14: Fable IV/Reboot Announcement and Teaser by PlayGrounds

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears POP
- Gears Tactics
- Forza Horizon 4 DLC
- Forza Street
- Wasteland 3 (InXile)
- Minecraft DLC
- Battletoads
Ha. I was going to write a list and yours is basically the same.

Except I have Forza 8 in there for F4 DLC, AoE4 for Gears Pop, and Fable for Bards Tale

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ha. I was going to write a list and yours is basically the same.

Except I have Forza 8 in there for F4 DLC, AoE4 for Gears Pop, and Fable for Bards Tale

Not expecting Forza Motorsport 8 at all since it will be a next gen launch title. Age of Empires is a possibility but until they announce it's going to Xbox One, I see it being on the PC showcase instead. Not expecting Fable at all. Plus, im the only one going against the majority and believe that it will be a brand new action RPG IP. I think that Fable is just a massive misdirection where they want everyone to think that's what it is but actually isn't. Of course, this is just my own weird ass prediction. It probably is Fable but im going in the other direction as opposed to just following what everyone has been saying.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not expecting Forza Motorsport 8 at all since it will be a next gen launch title. Age of Empires is a possibility but until they announce it's going to Xbox One, I see it being on the PC showcase instead. Not expecting Fable at all. Plus, im the only one going against the majority and believe that it will be a brand new action RPG IP. I think that Fable is just a massive misdirection where they want everyone to think that's what it is but actually isn't. Of course, this is just my own weird ass prediction. It probably is Fable but im going in the other direction as opposed to just following what everyone has been saying.
I hope it's a misdirection. Never played Fable. And don't care for it's setting. I want a more gritty RPG.

Top Bottom