• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama announced for Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mushi1ioic.jpg

Any pricing for the 1.5 DLC announced? Will buy along with the game regardless...

Slow work night so I figured I'd be productive in other ways. Started mocking up some headers for the OT. Modified the bomb counter from the bottom of the screen to create these and tried out a few colors. Not sure how I feel about the serif on the 'p' lining up with the bottom border but I have fiddled with it enough for now.

dVUp0JA.png

mjSAgyL.png

XvO2BJc.png

e: This is in no way me claiming the OT. Whoever wants it feel free, I'll just make whatever I can to pretty it up.

Also looks a bit better in the dark theme. You light theme people need to learn.

No takers on claiming the OT then? Alright, I guess I'll give it a shot and claim it. Start with the most important question.

What should the title be?

The proper place to claim OTs is this thread. Make sure you skim the last few pages in case someone in there has made a claim since the last list update.

It is done.

May god have mercy on us all.

Edit: My contribution to the bug puns and quips.

|OT| AAA bug counts by volume

Eh, let me purge all the terrible out of my system.

|OT| As buggy as they wanna be
|OT| Sorry princess your bug is in another castle
|OT| Debugger
|OT| Gesundheit!
|OT| No, it's not Futari!

Shaneus

While I'm here, Cave tweeted something about how in honour of this appearing on PC, depending on how many RTs a particular tweet got the iOS version will receive X discount... and they got enough for it to be free. I think it starts now, so go check and grab it if you have an iOS device!

While I'm here, Cave tweeted something about how in honour of this appearing on PC, depending on how many RTs a particular tweet got the iOS version will receive X discount... and they got enough for it to be free. I think it starts now, so go check and grab it if you have an iOS device!
Cheers, just grabbed it. (Will obviously also pick up the steam release to play with my Hori)

I got the iOS version of DDP DOJ when I first got my phone and for what it is, it's pretty damn awesome

Started about two hours before I posted about it earlier today.

vulva

Heads up: Bug Princess (Mushihimesama) is free on iOS today only, as a result of a Twitter campaign to promote the upcoming Steam release.

The proper place to claim OTs is this thread. Make sure you skim the last few pages in case someone in there has made a claim since the last list update.
While this is awesome I can't get any audio from mushi iOS. Is this a known problem?

ArjanN

If you're going for a joke title I'd prefer something that's obvious enough that people don't think the game is actually buggy.

-Gozer-

Blackbird has posted more info about launch day pricing.

Blackbird@Degica said:
We've decided on this plan for the launch pricing:

Mushihimesama is 20 USD, 15 USD after launch discount.
Mushi V1.5 is 5 USD, launch discount also applies here, so it's 3.75 at launch.
Mushi OST is also 5USD, however, there will be a special launch promotion where you will get this content *free* if you purchase the base game within the launch week.

Hope this promo works for everyone. Thanks for supporting our games!

Quite a bargain.

Wonko_C

I kind of had my fill after playing the iOS version yesterday when they put it up for free, (I don't know if it was a good idea to do that, the most casual players probably won't buy the Steam version now) but it's freaking CAVE on Steam, I want them to keep those games coming to PC, so I'll buy it to show my support, as small as it is.

Cool, glad the DLC info is out. Was dancing around it in my mock up for the time being. And those prices are super nice, well done, Degica.

Jockel

|OT| QA is done, you do the debugging

If possible, the OT should be full of gifs showing off the beauty of the bullet ballet. Maybe comparing the 3 loops, even.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Considering I paid $60 for the crappy PS2 port, another $60 for the 360 port, and then bought the Cave Shooting Collection thing for the 360, netting me a third copy of the game... the price on this is amazing to me.

Wow, not only are Cave games coming to Steam but they're even knocking the promotional period out of the park.

For $15-20 and all that stuff you got my cash.

What is the general vibe on spoilers? I'd like to use this gif in the OT as I think it demonstrates the interesting patterns and how crazy they can get in a few seconds, but dunno about having the TLB right there. I mean the game has been out for over a decade now so kind of.. who cares? Plus you can't even see the boss under all those bullets :D

Honestly, I think the gif sells the game short. Granted, Mushihimesama has modes aplenty where the screen practically turns purple with bullets. However, this game was originally designed to be closer to more traditional STGs; as opposed to the bullet-hells with the complicated scoring systems Cave had gained a reputation for.

I hear you and agree. I think THE VIDEO (you know the one) has done just as much harm as any attention it has brought to the genre. I specifically chose the arrange mode because I think it strikes a good balance between the absurdity that is Ultra, but letting you know what is out there. I also plan to include this gif as a somewhat tamer counter part to the above gif (I like that it demonstrates bullet cancelling and shows the player is not always at the disadvantage). As well I am including screenshots with little or even no bullets on the screen to try and give a more even look at what the game has to offer.

Here's my pick for the thread title:

Mushihimesama |OT|

What is the general vibe on spoilers? I'd like to use this gif in the OT as I think it demonstrates the interesting patterns and how crazy they can get in a few seconds, but dunno about having the TLB right there. I mean the game has been out for over a decade now so kind of.. who cares? Plus you can't even see the boss under all those bullets :D

Honestly, I think the gif sells the game short. Granted, Mushihimesama has modes aplenty where the screen practically turns purple with bullets. However, this game was originally designed to be closer to more traditional STGs; as opposed to the bullet-hells with the complicated scoring systems Cave had gained a reputation for.

http://shmuplations.com/mushihimesamahd/

Ikeda said:
Ikeda: Back then, well… the hardware we had been using before Mushihimesama wasn’t that powerful, so we were talking about making some new PCB hardware. Then we asked, what should we make as our first shooting game on this new hardware? Everything we had put out as Cave before that had been a danmaku game, but I was thinking Toaplan this time… I thought there was a need in the market for something with simpler patterns and fewer bullets–a stoic shooting game. So we started making Mushihimesama as a return to our roots.

I'm not trying to discredit the other modes, because a lot of work was put into them and they're very enjoyable (well...maybe not Ultra). The way I see it, videos and gifs that showcase intricate & absurd patterns are a dime a dozen in the STG world nowadays. Where Mushihimesama really shines is that it creates this natural flow. There is this delicate balance between heaven and hell that moves almost too quickly to be seen. It's all about doing the seemingly impossible and achieving a higher state of being.

In short: I'd rather just see people buy the game and PLAY IT!

MrDoctor

i'd leave the tlb out of the op or you risk giving people the impression that is representative of the entire game

edit: oh, beaten. that's what happens when you get busy and forget to submit the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom