• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvC3 Hype Train 2: "secret event" with new characters on January 6

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Phoenix Wright. Phoenix Wright. Phoenix Wright. Phoenix Wright. Phoenix Wright.

*crosses fingers*

well considering they have the poll for DLC that ends on the 15th and they closed the thread until all on disc characters are revealed. One can infer that all the characters will have to be revealed in a few days. Unless the Jan 15th was just a copy and paste from the SRK thread, but we'll see.

Barrage

I don't give a fuck about any of the unrevealed characters if the leaked list is true. Just give me some fight vids with a playable Spidey/She-Hulk.

Ferrio

Banned
He's a hard character. A ball bustingly hard character. But Fair. But Fair. But Fair

Ya I know, most likely DLC if he comes :(
Gene.jpg

He'd be such an awesome character move wise.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CES 2011 starts January 6th in Las Vegas.

Oh and remember the flyer that said that Capcom/SNK will be attending! :O
HYPE!

Ferrio said:
He's a hard character. A ball bustingly hard character. But Fair. But Fair. But Fair

Ya I know, most likely DLC if he comes :(
Gene.jpg

He'd be such an awesome character move wise.
Gene would be so great. I would buy this game if they put him in.

h3ro said:
Like you aren't going to be buying it otherwise?

c'monson :p
I won't be buying the game. I'll play my friend's copy a few times at his place and I'm sure it will be a thrilling game to watch (and thus partake in stream monstering), but I don't have any real interest beyond that.

shaowebb

When the completed roster is finished being revealed before Feb 15 (launch) the thread on Capcom's official forum will reopen to allow people to add more votes for characters that they want as DLC.

If Gene doesn't make it you could always vote for him. He's got a good following so far.

Once again, please do not shit in this thread because someone mentioned DLC cast being supported. If your not for it there is another thread that discusses the issues some of you have with this, but some of us like to discuss potential characters that might never make it into this title any other way.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Let's all get excited.
I played roughly 8 hours of TvC+MvC2 last night with the usual gang to get my fix. This wait is killing me. I need this yesterday. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE etc.

KAL2006

Banned
early january is packed full of events

we have, CES, Nintendo event, MvC3 event, square enix event and Macworld

Fersis said:
CES 2011 starts January 6th in Las Vegas.

Oh and remember the flyer that said that Capcom/SNK will be attending! :O
HYPE!

surprise CvS3 announcement, KOFXIII console release, guest character in MvC3 is Terry Bogard "are you ready"

**wakes up from dream**

vg260

_dementia said:
I won't be buying the game. I'll play my friend's copy a few times at his place and I'm sure it will be a thrilling game to watch (and thus partake in stream monstering), but I don't have any real interest beyond that.

Not even to show support for the fighting game genre?

tribal24

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I played roughly 8 hours of TvC+MvC2 last night with the usual gang to get my fix. This wait is killing me. I need this yesterday. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE etc.

same im super hyped for it!!!!

shaowebb

Here's a list of all of Marvel Vs Capcom 2's roster with the characters who are missing in bold.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 ROSTER

Akuma
Amingo
Anakaris
B.B. Hood
Blackheart
Cable
Cammy

Captain America
Captain Commando
Charlie

Chun Li
Colossus
Cyclops
Dan
Dhalsim

Doctor Doom
Felicia
Gambit
Guile
Hayato

Hulk
Iceman
Iron Man
Jill Valentine
Jin
Juggernaut
Ken

Magneto
Marrow
M. Bison
Mega Man

Morrigan
Omega Red
Psylocke
Rogue
Roll
Ruby Heart

Ryu
Sabretooth
Sakura
Sentinel
Servbot

Shuma Gorath
Silver Samurai
Sonson

Spiderman
Spiral
Storm
Strider Hiryu
Tron Bonne
Thanos
War Machine

Wolverine
Wolverine (Bone Claw)
Venom
Zangief

Thats 41 characters missing out of a roster of 56. That's pretty huge, but to be fair a lot of the cast wouldn't make any sense today. Hell Marrow barely made sense THEN.

Now Here is a list of the current roster for Marvel vs Capcom 3 as of today (Jan 3) with all of the new cast in bold.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3

Captain America
Deadpool
Dr Doom
Dormammu
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
M.O.D.O.K.
She-Hulk

Shuma Gorath
Spiderman
Storm
Super Skrull
Thor

Wolverine
X-23
Amateresu
Arthur
Chris Redfield

Chun-Li
Dante
Felicia
Jill Valentine
Morrigan
Ryu
Spencer
Trish

Tron Bonne
Viewtiful Joe
C. Viper
Wesker
Zero

That's 17 characters out of a roster of 32 (currently) that are entirely new additions to the roster. Even the 15 returning characters are entirely reworked now. The roster isn't as large as it's predecessor so far, but with events still to come announcing more cast, and a guarantee from the creators that they plan to do DLC roster expansions later, it looks like we have a completely revisioned MVC to look forward to with quite a large roster.

I'm pretty pumped for this, but I thought it'd be nice to do this for everyone so that they could more easily see who is in, and who we have lost so far. After making the list, I realized how much I was gonna miss playing as Silver Samurai. I'll just comfort myself with the knowledge of getting to play Deadpool and Amatersu though.:D

mjc

I'd rather Capcom worked to introduce new characters to the series rather than retread them. Obviously this doesn't really apply to the big hitters. (most of which are already on the roster)

KAL2006

Banned
Why are people still thinking there will be certain characters in the game. Shouldn't we know by now that the leaked list is definite. It's a matter of which remaining characters from the leaked list will be announced.

CPS2

KAL2006 said:
Why are people still thinking there will be certain characters in the game. Shouldn't we know by now that the leaked list is definite. It's a matter of which remaining characters from the leaked list will be announced.

Yeah :lol
This is a bit weird...

I hope they show Hsien-Ko and Sentinal this week :D

Ferrio

Banned
KAL2006 said:

Because leaked lists ruin all the fun :(

KAL2006 said:

But, but there's no way that rumor could be true, it doesn't have Mega Man!

shaowebb

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
But, but there's no way that rumor could be true, it doesn't have Mega Man!

I know this will stir up a shitstorm, so I beg everyone in advance to please not go off on rants about what I am about to say.

What if that's the idea? If a DLC pack of characters was going to come out, I would bet on it selling really well if I loaded it's contents with one mainstay character who was held back just to push DLC sales.

Megaman is perfect for that, and business-wise it makes a ton of sense. Objectively, this is a good move if they do it from a business standpoint.

IT IS LIKELY NOT TRUE SO PLEASE NO RANTS.

Im just saying it because If I was a businessman and I wanted to yield a high roster of characters at launch yet still guarantee players would buy expansion packs of characters if I invested in them, then I would want to do this.

Since Mega Man would be a repeat character from the past (even revamped) he wouldn't stir a lot of attention compared to an announcement of one of Capcom's other IP's getting in ( like DMC or RE) if he was announced before launch as playable. He's just...expected.

By shaking things up by keeping him back you stir up demand, and attention for this announcement if it's made later. It's just smart business.

-PXG-

An event hosted by Capcom, with free pizza and beer...in Vegas. That's all kinds of heaven wrapped into one amazing package. Just add fine women and subtract dirty, smelly ass dudes, and you got a winner.

I agree, Mega Man (almost certainly) being DLC is a good business move. It's still totally scummy to hold a character like that back, though. I have no real problem with DLC characters that really did miss the on-disc deadline, but if Mega Man were DLC, that would have to mean they withheld their mascot just so they could make extra money off of fans. It's a shitty move.

I'm not really that opposed to DLC, though - just the idea that they may have used Mega Man like that.

shaowebb

For those interested here's a list of just the missing characters ( the other post looks a bit cluttered)

Akuma
Amingo
Anakaris
B.B. Hood
Blackheart
Cable
Cammy
Captain Commando
Charlie
Colossus
Cyclops
Dan
Dhalsim
Gambit
Guile
Hayato
Iceman
Jin
Juggernaut
Ken
Marrow
M. Bison
Mega Man
Omega Red
Psylocke
Rogue
Roll
Ruby Heart
Sabretooth
Sakura
Sentinel
Servbot
Silver Samurai
Sonson
Spiral
Strider Hiryu
Thanos
War Machine
Wolverine (Bone Claw)
Venom
Zangief

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I've come to terms with the reality of DLC characters at this point, but I'm still not sure if purposefully holding off characters for DLC is "good business sense." *shrug*

TvC Roll > any Mega Man anyway.

CPS2 said:
I hope they show Hsien-Ko and Sentinal this week :D
She's getting up bright and early to prepare for her Mahvel debut!

leileipj.jpg

Everything's packed up and ready to go!

leileistuff.jpg

BELIEVE!

KAL2006

Banned
these MvC3 character announcement hype threads are now boring since the leak, I'll come back to this thread when the characters are revealed. I hope it's hagger and sentinel.

Coeliacus

Naked Prime said:
well considering they have the poll for DLC that ends on the 15th and they closed the thread until all on disc characters are revealed. One can infer that all the characters will have to be revealed in a few days. Unless the Jan 15th was just a copy and paste from the SRK thread, but we'll see.
Considering that the characters they are announcing are ones they have gameplay for (hence on the disk), I don't see the connection. We aren't going to hear about anything resulting from the poll unless it's completely incidental for a long time.

Top Bottom