• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia Anime |OT| Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! (No Manga spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

Episode was pretty decent now for the long wait of a Second Season...It barely even got to the Arc when everything kicks off, at least it showed Stain at the end.

FPvz6xlh.jpg

Raxus

I mean, I'll spoiler it if you really want, but I can't see how it's a spoiler.

I have yet to view the episode but if it ends where I predicted then we covered 22 chapters in one cour. If S2 is indeed one cour again you should be warned that the next major arc ends at chapter 44 so don't get everyone's hopes up too early.

Fun fact, in the pilot series this guy was the 'all might' role for izuku who was a salary man.

I have yet to view the episode but if it ends where I predicted then we covered 22 chapters in one cour. If S2 is indeed one cour again you should be warned that the next major arc ends at chapter 44 so don't get everyone's hopes up too early.

Its unlikely for that to happen since theyve been teasing that arc more than the next one so its more than likely we're getting both.
Dekus
costume
is specifically from that arc if you remember

Fun fact, in the pilot series this guy was the 'all might' role for izuku who was a salary man.

Deku a salaryman? I need to go read that.

I mean they've already teased the arc after that in the ending of this episode and the promotional artwork for s2, I think it's safe to say we'll see both adaptated in seaso 2.

Ascheroth

Nah it's fine, I'm used to threads where you spoiler for like a few hour's after the airing if the episode.

Ah, I see. I figured it would have been fine either way because it's so out of context to where last episode ended, that it doesn't really give anything away for the episode.

True, unless it's somehow 2 cours this time.
But just seeing it right before a 'continued in season 2' is good enough for me, no matter what season 2 will actually cover.

Neoxon

So how soon is Bones' definition of "soon"? I know that quality work takes time, but I'm worried that I'll be left waiting too long for Season 2.

cntr

Banned
Deku a salaryman? I need to go read that.
The one-shot was also horrible, lol. I think it was the very first think the author got published? So before he learned how to write.

I know that the series version of MHA was initially set in college, which is one of the reasons all the students (that aren't Bakugou or Mineta) are really mature compared to other school settings.

anyway brb watching episode

Ascheroth

I really loved the montage of the students faces to the rhythm of the music at the end. So good.

And Ochaku and Iida waiting for Deku.

So how soon is Bones' definition of "soon"? I know that quality work takes time, but I'm worried that I'll be left waiting too long for Season 2.

Well, if you go off the shows that are currently scheduled for that timeslot...

Arslan Senki - Dust Storm Dance (8 Episodes)

Nanatsu no Taizai - (4 Episodes)

Mobile Suit Gundam:Iron Blooded Orphans S2 (Possibly 25?)

so maybe 37 weeks from now if they use the same timeslot.

cntr

Banned
I was worried that it wouldn't be final enough for a season end, but I didn't need to. A+ again.

Love the extra scenes.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I had picked up the firdt two volumes back when they came out but I almost bought the other 7 when I was at the bookstore yesterday. Problem was they didnt have volumes 3/4/5

;_; i picked up the latest OPM instead.

vareon

There's no happier second season announcement. I really love this series. Its tone and optimism reminds me why I liked anime many, many years ago.

Jintor

damn, that was great. Present Mic and Ectoplasm getting some action was unexpected but appreciated.

Really showed why even though Present Mic plays the fool most of the time he's still a Pro Hero. Lmao. I think he crowd stunned like 40 dudes at once. And Snipe fucking pistol shot a hostage-taker from, like, across the map. Ridiculous.

I harp on about the environmental art a lot but I liked that it remembered that UA's doors are canonically like four times the height of a normal room.

T-Rex.

Banned
The only character I've been disappointed with is Yaoyorozu (sp?). They made a big deal about how she and Todoroki were specially recommended by whoever but she didn't even do anything in S1. Hopefully she has more of a part to play in S2.

Meffer

The only character I've been disappointed with is Yaoyorozu (sp?). They made a big deal about how she and Todoroki were specially recommended by whoever but she didn't even do anything in S1. Hopefully she has more of a part to play in S2.
She has a very versatile quirk.

cntr

Banned
The character book lists his quirk as "Homing", hm.

btw, I love how they don't just let the villains escape, but continue doing shit to Hands and Blackmist

Don't worry, she will be. Every character gets focus eventually.

Simple dialogue, constant exposition, nothing learned or anything, generic.

Overall 6/10. Ya, you'll be entertained because it's basic shounen but don't expect anything great.

I watch mediocre stuff all the time. I did watch Arrow.

You also have an Ushio and Tora avatar :p
I like both shows but I've seen people call U&T mediocre shonen

My Hero Academia 13

Strong ending to my favorite show this season, this adaptation was basically everything I hoped it would be. Yeah you can nitpick the over use of flash backs and sometimes weak background art but I was often too engrossed to notice those things in the moment. Can't wait for season 2

Jigolo

Hope bones can fix their issues for S2 otherwise I'll just skip out on most of it and probably just watch the important pieces

Kaizer

Banned
Man, that was an awesome finale! Thought it wrapped up very nicely & I'm super excited for the 2nd season, gonna have to get back to reading the manga now though. I'd stopped reading it right during the "Nomu" Arc that just finished on the show, so now I can go back & continue it.

Definitely hope we get to see more of the students showcasing their abilities next season. Still waiting for my fav Tokoyami to get a really badass moment.

As someone else said, really love the overall positive tone & mood of this series - always brightens my mood to watch it on a Sunday morning. Hopefully I'll be headed to the manga thread soon enough!

Raxus

Man, that was an awesome finale! Thought it wrapped up very nicely & I'm super excited for the 2nd season, gonna have to get back to reading the manga now though. I'd stopped reading it right during the "Nomu" Arc that just finished on the show, so now I can go back & continue it.

Definitely hope we get to see more of the students showcasing their abilities next season. Still waiting for my fav Tokoyami to get a really badass moment.

As someone else said, really love the overall positive tone & mood of this series - always brightens my mood to watch it on a Sunday morning. Hopefully I'll be headed to the manga thread soon enough!
I look forward to seeing your reactions in the manga thread because if S2 covers what I think they will cover....Oh boy.

Cwarrior

You also have an Ushio and Tora avatar :p
I like both shows but I've seen people call U&T mediocre shonen

The team behind Ushio & tora are the true dream team,the director of hajime no ippo teams up with the greatest animation director of Hunter x hunter 2011 and shockingly the original creator of the manga is working on the script himself.

the Line up is a dream within a dream.

Ushio & Tora is super old school

My hero academia is pure modern shounen heart with no sauce, no twist it's something that clearly influenced by the early 2000 shounens like naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom