• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Wasnt expecting to see a upper body Bakugo nice. Also not the shoes I was expecting Todoroki to be wearing or to be like that, he has great looks in normal clothes.

Cant wait for his growth.

Poster looks wonderful.
CGloeO3VAAAHCbB.jpg:large

WarRock

Damn, Iida not judging himself worthy of the name and casually telling Deku to not worry feels like he's on a breaking point.

Imagine the grape pervert as mastermind villain with a harem of fighting girls. Damn.
Seems like the plot of the next Agent Aika.

Raxus

My Hero Academia 45

God damn it I am calling them Frog Girl and Gravity Girl until the series ends. Harumph.

I can't wait for Iida to take his brothers mantle. It is a cool name too.

I need someone to explain the nominations one last time. How does this all work out?

Bakugou should go with Blast Hardcheese.

Kansoku

I really want to see the Japanese names. I can't help but to feel some incredible puns where lost in translation.

Not feeling a lot of the names, but maybe they're better in Japanese. I'd prefer if an English translation actually did more conventional names, such as, well, Gravity Girl and Frog Girl.

I'm expecting that the one who chose Deku is... that fire guy, don't remember his name.

cntr

Banned
yeah I'm gonna expect the Viz translation to have names that work better in English

Gotta like "Deku", though!
and KING OF EXPLODO-KILLS

cntr

Banned
I wonder which Hero turns villain
I don't think anybody has been depicted as villain-potential -- even Bakugou is fairly heroic -- well, anti-hero-ic.

That said, there's still a lot of characters we don't know much about -- Anima and Sugar Man, for example. The author's all but said that each will get screen time like Tsuyu and Tokoyami did -- and hey, Todoroki was a secondary character until the tournament arc, and now he's a main.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm still not convinced he's gonna become a villain. I feel he has too much respect and love for his brother to become a villain.

I don't think IIda's going full villain, but he might take a hard turn for Anti-hero ville. I could even see him killing the hero killer dude, or trying to, at least.

Dresden

I think he'll shift from vigilante to villain over the course of like, 100 chapters. The final step to that transition being complete will be his friends - Deku and Uraraka, specifically - being forced to confront him.

Like, there's two ways it could go right now - first is that he's angling for revenge, hence him volunteering for a lackluster post. Second is that he's depressed and, being Iida, can't even think of breaking the law, and thus went there because he genuinely feels inadequate. But it seemss less likely given the ominous tone of the narration accompanying his panels.

Jarmel

Banned
Any time someone says, "I should have tried harder to reach him back then", that usually means something bad is going to happen. He might snap and try to kill the guy who fucked up his brother.

Would be fucking awesome if they turned him into something like the Reverse-Flash.

Baku and Icy Hot are way too obvious for the villain role.

Slayven

Boku no Hero Academia 43

The fight was very quick, but we half to realize this tournament arc was always around the character development of the Heroes. It wasn't about seeing who was the strongest or anything like that. IMO this arc has done a great job of it.

Izuku, Katsuki,Ochako, and Tenya all had great character development during this Arc.

Now I'm really looking forward on how they handle death in this manga . With Tenya's brother I think that's the first major death in the series. His death is really important, because it shows How stronger Stain is. Turbo Hero was a well known Hero, and it look like Stain beat him easily.

Stain's character design is badass. I look forward to this "Hero Killer"

zHSMYWSP7XsRBotwmxh-iQBU2QfNUWhEeVCI4-dT4E60XF6xqqrK4pEsXxe1nm3cuVRb0acKK_QTDlBNy_5zZQ=w426-h320-n

I'm guess that All Might will die by chapter 120. There will be so many times that villains come after him and he survives.

Looks like a 90s character

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what the author was going for with Stain. He definitely feels like a 90's Image XTREEEME character.

The new chapter was pretty good. It's interesting that Gravity Girl is temping with a combat focused team. I don't think Iida will go full villain, but he'll probably kill or attempt to kill Stain. The Deku part right now is pretty standard Yoda stuff, but it will be interesting to see how they get control of his power.

Nightbird

Yeah those are some pretty large Flags that have been raised here.

Iida is either going to die or becoming a bad Guy. Either Way, he will not be Part of the Protagonist Hero Cast.

Iida is either going to die or becoming a bad Guy. Either Way, he will not be Part of the Protagonist Hero Cast.

here's the thing with speedsters.

they can either be OP, or have to be nerfed so bad it's damn near comical that you can't take them seriously.

So right from the beginning i knew ice/fire boy was an obvious red herring for one of the kids turning heel/being the fall guy for emotional/thematic strings.

He actually looks like a different character... I can't remember his name right now for some reason.

I want to say something from Image like Bloodstrike/Pitt/ WildC.A.T.s/Young Blood... Only purple... God, I had this comic and it's killing me now.

Weiss

Banned
I already have a poor feeling about Stain. Seeing him carve up Iida's brother should have been the perfect opportunity to establish him as a credible, genuinely terrifying threat. Instead we have an infodump about how super hardcore he is.

It's such a strangely rookie move for this series.

He actually looks like a different character... I can't remember his name right now for some reason.

I want to say something from Image like Bloodstrike/Pitt/ WildC.A.T.s/Young Blood... Only purple... God, I had this comic and it's killing me now.

He looks like this guy from Small Soldiers wielding a katana.

$%28KGrHqF,!lUF!Tp5wyEVBQ%28Iy5nNTg~~60_35.JPG

LProtag

I just read the whole thing the other day after someone recommended it to me. Pretty decent.

I really like Iida, I hope he doesn't become an asshole.

I already have a poor feeling about Stain. Seeing him carve up Iida's brother should have been the perfect opportunity to establish him as a credible, genuinely terrifying threat. Instead we have an infodump about how super hardcore he is.

That's probably his quirk: he's only a competent villain so long as the reader's POV is not aimed at him.

Well I was never a fan of Ida but I guess Id be sad if he did die, seemed like a fun average guy to have around in the class, but well, at least it isnt Kaminari, Todoroki, or Bakugou being put in harms way.

Maximo

I don't think IIda's going full villain, but he might take a hard turn for Anti-hero ville. I could even see him killing the hero killer dude, or trying to, at least.
Yeah I can't see him becoming a villian, I can see him becoming a sort of Anti Hero, killing off Villains so no one has to suffer.

After reading this last chapter, Stain is nothing but a small cog in a greater wheel.

It seems like either the bad guys are far more numerous and in hiding on the 'good' side than we thought or the bad guys are trying to recruit the youngsters to grow their own side

Jintor

i was on the fence about iida but yo he's got death or villain flags being raised all over the place. deku pls narrate less you're going to make iida a villain :<

Riposte

In that case, the cast reminds me slightly of SMT archetypes.

Hero: Deku
Heroine: Ochako
Law Hero: Iida
Chaos Hero: Bakugou

cntr

Banned
Old dude said "Ninth Interior." Does that mean Deku is the ninth person to have One For All?
He's either the 9th or 10th, translations are unclear.

You can see jets of air come out of Gran Torino's feet, and holes in his boots, so he has a air-related quirk.

Top Bottom