• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Bowl0l

Had to reread Eraserheads pep talk to figure out his angle.

He's a good sensei.

Also good to see the other big three members b backing up mirio when the chips were down.

I ever what Lucio's quirk is.
Two of the Big 3 doesn't sound encouraging to me unless the translation is off. Mirio needs another Mirio to cheer him up.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nighteye has recognized the Mad Man.

Aizawa is best teacher.

That black dude setup like 10 death flags.

caliph95

Nighteye has recognized the Mad Man.

Aizawa is best teacher.

That black dude setup like 10 death flags.
YFW death flags has been sent and you're the only black guy
c3MDFH4.png

Trojita

YFW death flags has been sent and you're the only black guy
c3MDFH4.png

He was already being a brash in the last chapter, made it seem like he would have done better if he was the one that encountered Eri, and now was asking Nighteye to see his future and if death was in it that he'd avoid it.

I was like "Stahp".

caliph95

He was already being a brash in the last chapter, made it seem like he would have done better if he was the one that encountered Eri, and now was asking Nighteye to see his future and if death was in it that he'd avoid it.

I was like "Stahp".
If someone is going to die, he is a good candidate plus we got the awesome black guy dies first trope. I hope we get to see his quirk first though this isn't bleach.

ionitron

I'm a little confused, why was there a new chapter today of all days? I happen to just find it. I thought there wasn't supposed to be one last week and don't they normally update on Thursdays?

That Aizawa pep talk was so strange, who knew he could be so sincere lol.

I'm a little confused, why was there a new chapter today of all days? I happen to just find it. I thought there wasn't supposed to be one last week and don't they normally update on Thursdays?

That Aizawa pep talk was so strange, who knew he could be so sincere lol.

Since Golden Week, magazine shipped to stores earlier than usual.

cntr

Banned
This chapter comes out next Monday in Japan, as does the official translation. The fan-translations get early copies by not quite kosher means.

Ascheroth

This chapter comes out next Monday in Japan, as does the official translation. The fan-translations get early copies by not quite kosher means.
And are also of questionable quality at times.
You get what you pay for I suppose.

Can't wait to read the volume versions of this arc.

Philippo

The art was on point.

Starting to feel bad for Nighteye, dude just wanted to save All Might but God knows how much of a hothead he is.

Also, Deku is now officially being recognised as madman.

Yeah, this week's first fantrabslation was Not Good. Kind of a bummer cause my regular source has been getting worse too :-/

Ah well. Wait for Viz I guess.

cntr

Banned
There's a race between the two main fan-translators to get the chapters out first (yes, really), so they're skimping on the editing and proofreading.

Viz is the best version even without, though, especially in the volumes.

There's a race between the two main fan-translators to get the chapters out first (yes, really), so they're skimping on the editing and proofreading.

Volume version is always gonna be the best, but for a while there Fallen Angels had some quality stuff.

Veelk

Banned
I'm gonna be honest: I'm not a fan of the last few chapters that have basically just been "sit in room and discuss the villains plot". IT was uncharacteristically slow paced for this manga imo.

cntr

Banned
Fan translations tend to be underwritten, lacking punch, or overwritten, turning taps into straights.

I'm gonna be honest: I'm not a fan of the last few chapters that have basically just been "sit in room and discuss the villains plot". IT was uncharacteristically slow paced for this manga imo.
Yeah, I agree. I liked them for the characters, but I hope the pace picks up.

I think it's because Horikoshi's stalling a bit to deal with his health issues, though.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Agree'd, though I have been enjoying the more surrealistic art involving the girl and plague dude's mask. This chapter had some good bits, but as a whole it didn't feel like anything really happened.

cntr

Banned
I've been dying with suspense every week because I'm worried about whether Horikoshi'll stick the landing with Ochako's character arc and her relationship with Deku, haha. And the recent slow pacing doesn't help at all.

It'll be so good if he pulls it off, but so disappointing if he doesn't. He should be able to, but when's the last time a Jump manga managed that with the main heroine and the main romance?

Trojita

Maybe he is adopting the pacing of the anime.

giphy.gif

Meffer

I doubt it. And say what you will but the draftsmanship in this chapter has been stellar. I liked that Eraserhead made a point to be at the same height as Deku while encouraging him to show they were on the same level. I liked that Foresight showed how grave his quirk can be with his text bubbles being slightly uneven and thicker. I like that he showed Deku's hand injuries to show that he only got them from being a kind person.

Trojita

I'm ready for some MAD MAN on the level of fighting the muscle quirk guy during the camp. He went all out when he had a kid to protect there. I'm expecting some next level MAD MAN shit.

caliph95

Some what ifs from reddit like what if Deku has a quirk (though it is more than likely old but i'm bored and pricrastinating:
Part 1:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/52a948b1caa284a305ed0ec1fe364619/tumblr_o5os2a4SBQ1sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]
Part 2:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/edd9286e569c5dbc67e44c7fbe2d3178/tumblr_o5r4t8FLg41sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/aaa33dd1b2bac420b42cd73864ad7fa8/tumblr_o5r4t8FLg41sjr8edo2_1280.png[/IMG]
Part 3:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/66e11b950e31f1f44274eb449a4a2031/tumblr_o5zyepHWZh1sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]

Jintor

It'll read better in volume. It's only been two chapters

I would like the story to follow ochako for a little bit

cntr

Banned
between making a chapter work weekly or making a chapter work in a volume, if you can't have both, pick the latter.

and yes, give us more ochako.

caliph95

huh quirk deku is basically a firebender.

come on hiroshiki show us dekudad.
makes sense his dad can breathe fire and his mom has telekinesis so a combination will be some form of pyrokinetic

I do wonder for popular ships what Momo&Todo, Deku&Ocha and Krishiman & bakogu quirks their kids will get if they get a combination of their parents.

cntr

Banned
so down with the idea of MHA going HxH.

I do wonder for popular ships what Momo&Todo, Deku&Ocha and Krishiman & bakogu quirks their kids will get if they get a combination of their parents.
i'unno about the rest, but if deku and ochako had kids, they'd only have variations on zero gravity, since one for all can't be inherited except manually.

(unless deku can pass on his parents' quirks, but probably not.)

Meffer

so down with the idea of MHA going HxH.

i'unno about the rest, but if deku and ochako had kids, they'd only have variations on zero gravity, since one for all can't be inherited except manually.

(unless deku can pass on his parents' quirks, but probably not.)
If quirks act like genetics I would suspect he could.

Trojita

I'd expect Deku to still be able to pass on his mom or dad's ability. Deku and Ochako's child would be a gravity manipulation monster.

caliph95

For Deku and Ocha either have a stronger Gravity manipulation like Gravity/Graviton.
Momo and Todo i don't know maybe produce the elements from their bodies.

cntr

Banned
I'd expect Deku to still be able to pass on his mom or dad's ability. Deku and Ochako's child would be a gravity manipulation monster.
You say that like Ochako isn't already one.

Fair point about quirks working like genes. I think quirks becoming better when passed to kids is pretty rare either way, though, look at how much "effort" Endeavor had to put in to get Todoroki. His other kids probably had mixed quirks like steam manipulation or hot water manipulation, and people like Todoroki who get total power upgrades are rare.

So Deku and Ochako's kids would have normal stuff like levitation or repulsion, not something broad like total gravity control. It's a good way to prevent quirks from getting out of hand.

cntr

Banned
I hope that in the end, Deku's ancestors aren't anyone important, all his kids turn out normal and he doesn't give his quirk to one of them, and that the series epilogue ends on him picking someone just as random instead.

that's how it should work!

mdubs

Banned

This. I make a point of re-reading the chapter each Monday with the official translations, and everything else aside from the official translation is utter trash now due to the race to get the chapters out first.

caliph95

I hope that in the end, Deku's ancestors aren't anyone important, all his kids turn out normal and he doesn't give his quirk to one of them, and that the series epilogue ends on him picking someone just as random instead.

that's how it should work!
If this was Naruto or other works it would turn out Deku is either the descendant of the original holder of One for all or the shining baby

Top Bottom