• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

If this was Naruto or other works it would turn out Deku is either the descendant of the original holder of One for all or the shining baby

I was actually thinking about the All for One angle, and it'd be pretty easy to make work. Dude's been around for a while now, he's probably got loads of descendants. Making Deku one of them could add a little drama to his heritage without necessarily playing up a Chosen One situation.

cntr

Banned
I'd rather not Deku be anything like that. We already have something similar going on with Shigaraki and the first One for All user. (And you know there's going to be an Avatar situation where Deku can talk to the previous users.)

If anything, Horikoshi's taking the opposite direction with Deku. He wasn't even the first choice to inherit One for All.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Naruto's ancestry reveal was bad especially with some of the general themes exhibited in the first part of the story, but most of us figured out who his father was real quick. The real dumb part was the reincarnation thing.

Now Yu Yu Hakusho had the ancestry thing thrown in out of nowhere.

SoulUnison

Banned
Naruto's ancestry reveal was bad especially with some of the general themes exhibited in the first part of the story, but most of us figured out who his father was real quick. The real dumb part was the reincarnation thing.

Now Yu Yu Hakusho had the ancestry thing thrown in out of nowhere.

I remember in the early Naruto video games Naruto would have finishing moves that involved summoning the Fourth, and they were always named things like "Mysterious Help Appears!" Always made me shake my head, like... "Who do you think you're fooling, guys?"

Mr. Jimmy

First time I post here, I recently catched up with the manga and quickly has become in my ongoing favorite, I loved the way they managed Bakugo's character

Crocodile

midnight___my_hero_academia_by_madeleineink-db7ib7g.jpg

Source

SoulUnison

Banned
God, the anime's OST is so ridiculously on point.

Listening to this you can just see in your mind how perfectly it works for [Sports Festival Spoilers]
Bakugou VS Uraraka.

Song starts with Bakugou freaking out about how Uraraka refuses to go down.
@0:22 Bakugou looks up. Uraraka: "Release!"
Bakugou dodging around the initial hail while Uraraka recklessly charges in to close the distance.
@0:44 Bakugou lifts his arm...
@0:47 BOOOOM!!

Pein

Banned
Caught up with the manga this weekend, seriously it's my favorite shonen in forever. I even bought a all might shirt to wear to the gym.

Chapter is called awesome, but there was no Todoroki, Bakugou, or Kaminari...what?

Alright bridge chapter to whatever new content is coming next, Amajiki trying to cheer up Mirio was nice.

Tace

I thought it was a good chapter, and I think/hope it is the end of the set up before the big fights. I can feel the hype approaching.

Bowl0l

Oh and to choose a better name then Deku.
Deku had to use that name because both of his crushes gave/approved of that name (Byakugo, Uraraka)

It's too bad that All Might never gave him a nickname.
Prince of nonsense
sounds worse.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hated the name Deku but recently warmed up to it.

If he is referred to as Deku-san, his hero name will pretty much be "Mr. Good for Nothing", which is kind of funny since he'd be the opposite of the expectations given by the name.

caliph95

I hated the name Deku but recently warmed up to it.

If he is referred to as Deku-san, his hero name will pretty much be "Mr. Good for Nothing", which is kind of funny since he'd be the opposite of the expectations given by the name.
But doesn't that inspire hope being saved by a good for nothing
Besides i'm betting he will get a new name around the same time Bakugo gets one that is not Baron of murder kills and i think todoroki as well

But Deku doesn't mean good for nothing for Deku or people around him? He read it has *I can do it*. He should never change it and will never change it, it's way too important.

Izuku changing his hero name would like change what is character is. I so disagree with the idea.

caliph95

I do wonder how will the public react tot that name considering Deku started to keep the name because he was flustered that a girl talking to him and then to prove he can do it

Chase17

Deku is a top tier hero name in this series. It is simple and easy to pronounce. I will take it over that goofy pun Uravity or Lemillion any day of the week!

Favorite names are probably All Might and Red Riot since why not.

Also I enjoyed the chapter this week. I'm kind of hoping this arc gets dark. Kind of expecting someone to lose their powers permanently.

cntr

Banned
I like Deku as a name.

Plus, the "ku" in Izuku and Deku means 'nine', and I gotta give props for sneaking that in.

Deku is a top tier hero name in this series. It is simple and easy to pronounce. I will take it over that goofy pun Uravity or Lemillion any day of the week!
Uravity's a great name, yo.

Also I enjoyed the chapter this week. I'm kind of hoping this arc gets dark. Kind of expecting someone to lose their powers permanently.
I'm leaning towards someone losing an arm or leg, personally.
Possibly Tsuyu.

TheFlow

Banned

Favorite names are probably All Might and Red Riot since why not.

Didn't all for one take several hero's powers?

cntr

Banned
Aside from All Might, Ragdoll's the only one who lost her quirk.

Deku had to use that name because both of his crushes gave/approved of that name (Byakugo, Uraraka)
People being unable to understand why Deku would try helping Bakugou is still one of the dumbest things, by the way.

Chase17

Uravity's a great name, yo.
I went and checked the other class names that I had forgotten and you are right. I think it's a good kind of goofy. Grape Juice and Creati need some work! Though I guess since it is Mineta it's not to bad. Hmmm

Shout out to TetsuTetsu, Real Steel.

I'm leaning towards someone losing an arm or leg, personally.
Possibly Tsuyu.[/SPOILER
Didn't all for one take several hero's powers?

This is a good point. I wasn't going far enough. Putting lose of limbs on the table!
Hopefully not Tsuyu's though

cntr

Banned
I'm leaning Tsuyu because Ochako and Kirishima both already have a backstory and personal issues going on, while Tsuyu's got a normal backstory and no particularly big issues. So something's gotta happen to her to kick off her arc.

caliph95

I went and checked the other class names that I had forgotten and you are right. I think it's a good kind of goofy. Grape Juice and Creati need some work! Though I guess since it is Mineta it's not to bad. Hmmm

Shout out to TetsuTetsu, Real Steel.

This is a good point. I wasn't going far enough. Putting lose of limbs on the table!
Hopefully not Tsuyu's though
At least we get some nice frog legs amirite

TheFlow

Banned
my bad just the pussycat doll. I kept thinking he took 4. hero Jean as well.

Death and lost of limbs are always on the table. I mean someone tried to kill Red riot with gun so anything can happen.

cntr

Banned
Best Jeanist's quirk is great, All for One didn't steal it because it wouldn't suit Shigaraki.

Death and lost of limbs are always on the table. I mean someone tried to kill Red riot with gun so anything can happen.
I wonder if guns are going to be a thing? Only a handful of people like Kirishima can block them, the series acts like they're dangerous, and they seem easy to get. It's different from a normal shounen, where if guns exist, everybody can defend against them as a basic power.

Jintor

I think it's the typical Japanese view where they're hard to get.

Not many hero costumes seem to be explicitly bupletproof

caliph95

Also not everybody is Kirishima, the average citizen will lose against a gun since they have no training or have an unimpressive power

cntr

Banned
A random thug and a kid getting guns is definitely not hard to get. Overhaul's plan even relies on guns being common.

And gangs like Overhaul's wouldn't have any issues getting 'em either way.

cntr

Banned
Deku's the kind of guy to use strategy to avoid attacks, not do something silly like trying to kick them out of the way. He isn't going to be able to do that for a looooong time.

Chase17

When it comes to split decisions Deku will use brute strength if he needs to!

I'm joking about him kicking bullets.

TheFlow

Banned
Best Jeanist's quirk is great, All for One didn't steal it because it wouldn't suit Shigaraki.

I wonder if guns are going to be a thing? Only a handful of people like Kirishima can block them, the series acts like they're dangerous, and they seem easy to get. It's different from a normal shounen, where if guns exist, everybody can defend against them as a basic power.

my bad mane just now seeing this. I think guns are common enough that the Yakuza could get some. The thing is guns don't work on everyone, so that could be the reason why we don't see many.

plus I can see people thinking of guns as the coward's way in this world.

Do I think we will see more guns? yes, but it will be like guns in One piece, where people don't rely on them.

Top Bottom