• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My highest expectations for ps5

Just to begin with : this is not a thread for xboxfans as we will talk only about ps5.

I will buy a ps5 down the road for a simple reason : i have 200 + games for my ps4 pro, and more than 100 untouched. My backlog is so big. So no way to change now for me.

Here is what i m looking for the most about ps5 :
- what housemarque has been cooking. Hope they do something for ps5 launch. Those guys are highly talented wizards.
- i don t really need more rendering punch : games are quite good looking right now on my pro. Just looking for good performance aka 60fps for all.
- silence is key too as my ps4 is not a jet engine but not far off for some games. Annoying.
- would like my ps5 to replace my popcorn hour to free some space under my TV.
- i hope ps5 is small and nice looking to let itself be forhotten in my living room.
- ps5 power should be allocated first for local splitscreen. Enough with remote gaming. More fun locally. With 4k, each player in a 4 plyer splitscreen has the equivalent of a 1080p set, plenty enough.
- this generation was very boring for me compared to ps3 : too many sequels / remakes. I want fresh experiences on ps5. I had some like horizon, until dawn, abzu, inside but o whish i had more. Some games felt like jobs as someone already said.
- i know sony first party gets a lot of praise but i was meh on UC4, GOW (yes i prefered GOW3 for its wow factor), driveclub (pacific rift is so mich better). So i hope for ps5 they take a lot of risk. I want some games like Afrika.
- i want more 4k 2d hand drawn games. They look too much similar nowadays and hand drawn is what gives them a special flavor.

Well i want something fresh.

kretos

Banned
this is not a thread for xboxfans as we will talk only about ps5.

source.gif

LMJ

B Bladed Thesis , did you need to post lol?

Just to begin with : this is not a thread for xboxfans as we will talk only about ps5.

I will buy a ps5 down the road for a simple reason : i have 200 + games for my ps4 pro, and more than 100 untouched. My backlog is so big. So no way to change now for me.

Here is what i m looking for the most about ps5 :
- what housemarque has been cooking. Hope they do something for ps5 launch. Those guys are highly talented wizards.
- i don t really need more rendering punch : games are quite good looking right now on my pro. Just looking for good performance aka 60fps for all.
- silence is key too as my ps4 is not a jet engine but not far off for some games. Annoying.
- would like my ps5 to replace my popcorn hour to free some space under my TV.
- i hope ps5 is small and nice looking to let itself be forhotten in my living room.
- ps5 power should be allocated first for local splitscreen. Enough with remote gaming. More fun locally. With 4k, each player in a 4 plyer splitscreen has the equivalent of a 1080p set, plenty enough.
- this generation was very boring for me compared to ps3 : too many sequels / remakes. I want fresh experiences on ps5. I had some like horizon, until dawn, abzu, inside but o whish i had more. Some games felt like jobs as someone already said.
- i know sony first party gets a lot of praise but i was meh on UC4, GOW (yes i prefered GOW3 for its wow factor), driveclub (pacific rift is so mich better). So i hope for ps5 they take a lot of risk. I want some games like Afrika.
- i want more 4k 2d hand drawn games. They look too much similar nowadays and hand drawn is what gives them a special flavor.

Well i want something fresh.

You're getting more render punch...sorry that's going to happen lol

I agree splitscreen needs to come back, but this boat may have sailed as online play and games as a service continue to grow...

We got some great new IPs this gen... Until Dawn, concrete Genie, Horizion Zero Dawn and Spidey to name a few...

As for the remakes and re masters, I expect we masters to slowly die off due to the lack of backwards compatibility it just made sense to release them that way...

Remakes on the other hand I expect to explode even more, simply because we're in an entire new generation of gamers and it's very easy to revisit old stories with a new budget...

If it's any consolation the originals will always be there to play, so there's no sacrifice there lol And honestly if they're handled with the expertise and care like RE2 and final fantasy 7 remake appears to be then I'm fine with it! :D

Yeah they're remakes but at the same time they're their own thing and I think that's just fine.

Last edited:
Well the most discussed topics in existing threads are about specs. What are you looking for as a new gen ? What are your priorities and dreams ? It cant be xx tflops or yy go/s...

Top Bottom