• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

my last xbox game was Metal Slug 3, what did i miss?

Daigoro

Thompson drive went on the fritz, so i stopped buying xbox games. then i kind of lost track. i finally replaced the drive, and i know there have to be a few must buys out there that im forgetting.

on my list to get:

must:

Halo 2
NG Black

probable:

Fable
Otogi 2
DOAU

eh what else?

*edit: i like niche games too. im not too into standard RPG type games (not that any have come out for xbox)

Daigoro

demi said:
advent rising

yeah, Advent Rising went completely under the radar for me. ive heard you mention this game a few times before though, so im guessing you really like it. its just that your avatar seems to be mocking me while you are giving me a deadpan answer. (edit* and then there is your tagline :p)

ill look into it! thanks :)

its a PC game too right? i have a halfway decent gaming PC as well, but dont mind getting a game for xbox if it has something to offer over the PC version.

123rl

Indigo Prophecy (or Fahrenheit if you live in Europe) - best story-telling I've seen in a game since MGS3.

Others (exclusives):

Moto GP3
Far Cry

demi

I'm not the only one who enjoyed the title, several others can vouch for me

I just prefer the xbox controller over a mouse/keyboard, that's all

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ts a PC game too right? i have a halfway decent gaming PC as well, but dont mind getting a game for xbox if it has something to offer over the PC version.
I'd recommend it on the PC, then. The XBOX version has one of the worst framerates you'll encounter this gen, while the PC version can run at a solid 60 fps (if you have the right hardware). The game allows you to configure the controls to mimic the XBOX version, so if you have a pad, it should be perfect.

Borys

Banned
Same goes to Fable, if you feel $30 more is worth fluid framerate and high-res then go for it. People said Fable had pretty bad fps on the green box.

Halo 2 and NG are a must, however. When I'll finally get an Xbox is for those two games alone.

Highly Recommended
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (for 3rd Strike)

Recommended
Jade Empire
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

123rl

Borys said:
Same goes to Fable, if you feel $30 more is worth fluid framerate and high-res then go for it. People said Fable had pretty bad fps on the green box.

Halo 2 and NG are a must, however. When I'll finally get an Xbox is for those two games alone.

Pretty bad? The framerate was AWFUL!! It slows down to a crawl at times...you might as well watch a slideshow.

If you have someone to play it with, get conflict global terror. best co-op game ever.

I second forza and street fighter anniversary collection.

Metal Slug 4 & 5 :D

(I was just joking, but it does exist - they're even in the same box, and they come in two different discs. One for 4, and the other for 5.)

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection

Top Bottom