• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, episodes that push characters to their edge or are character specific tend not to be good first impression episodes. Those that spread the characterization are good introductions.

With that said, while Dragonshy is a Flutter-centric ep, it manages to give room for the other characters too.

jogarrr said:
Those mechs are pretty awesome so I can agree with this.

We need Solid Pony Pinkie to sort everything out

436_r.jpg

jogarrr

Awwwww :'(

I hope we get another Applejack episode this season. Last season only really had Applebuck Season and Fall Weather Friends, and Fall Weather Friends was as much about Rainbow Dash as it was about Applejack. She really needs a great episode that fans of her character can refer to as a reason for being a fan of her, like Sonic Rainboom for Rainbow Dash or A Dog and Pony Show for Rarity.

I'd like to be able to say "Applejack is awesome" without feeling like I'm lying to myself. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
jogarrr said:
Applejack is awesome and Rainbow Dash is a cheater!!

..sorry.
Remember when Applejack
who's absolutely adorable
tried to get Rainbow Dash to drown all of Fluttershy's animal friends while they slept?

DrForester said:
Remember when Applejack
who's absolutely adorable
tried to get Rainbow Dash to drown all of Fluttershy's animal friends while they slept?

Hahaha yes that was such a great episode, and will define MLP for generations.

Mostly how she said it while still being adorable.

Peterthumpa

Saw this thread out of nowhere and decided to give it a go and watch episode 1, as there were a couple of times where I saw this pony avatar without knowing anything about it.

Well, I'm not sold on it yet, seems like a solid show, but too kiddy to my taste.
But I must say, animation quality is above anything else in the market now (sans anime, obviously), like... really great.

Acerac

Banned
jogarrr said:
Applejack is awesome and Rainbow Dash is a cheater!!

..sorry.
Hell yeah, Rainbow Dash cheats by using her body in a athletic competition! How dirty of her, competitions should be about everyone holding back so it is a completely fair playing field for those who are inferior! I should be able to compete in the Olympics, after all.

kunonabi

felipepl said:
Saw this thread out of nowhere and decided to give it a go and watch episode 1, as there were a couple of times where I saw this pony avatar without knowing anything about it.

Well, I'm not sold on it yet, seems like a solid show, but too kiddy to my taste.
But I must say, animation quality is above anything else in the market now (sans anime, obviously), like... really great.

I would really try to watch 5 or 6 eps. I really didn't care for the first two episodes at all but it gets much better later on especially around midseason.

karby

jogarrr said:
Awwwww :'(

I hope we get another Applejack episode this season. Last season only really had Applebuck Season and Fall Weather Friends, and Fall Weather Friends was as much about Rainbow Dash as it was about Applejack. She really needs a great episode that fans of her character can refer to as a reason for being a fan of her, like Sonic Rainboom for Rainbow Dash or A Dog and Pony Show for Rarity.

I'd like to be able to say "Applejack is awesome" without feeling like I'm lying to myself. :p

Forgetting Look Before You Sleep. Though it's true that all Applejack centered episodes so far cast her in the not-so-good light, strengthening her position as worst pony.

jogarrr

karby said:
Forgetting Look Before You Sleep. Though it's true that all Applejack centered episodes so far cast her in the not-so-good light, strengthening her position as worst pony.
Whoops, yeah I forgot about Look Before You Sleep.

Applejack IS awesome. There's just not much evidence supporting that yet.. Season 2 don't let me down!!

jogarrr

RomanticHeroX said:
Exactly! It's not her fault that earth ponies are so worthless. Blame yourself, or Celestia.
Pinkie proves otherwise. Deep inside all Earth Ponies have her fourth wall breaking abilities. They just haven't figured out how to unlock them yet like Pinkie has.

Unicorn > Earth >> Pegasus

Jarmel

Banned
EatChildren said:
Epic Tier
Human Ponies

Top Tier
Fluttershy
Rarity

Middle Tier
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie

Low Tier
Applejack
Rainbow Dash

Wait why do people like Pinkie Pie? I want to slap her and shove Ritalin down her throat.

Regulus Tera said:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/c8ef99a6c8d6a03ffcc443ef613d5d12/12847%20-%20Sonic_the_Hedgehog%20artist%3Asssonic2%20crossover%20derpy_hooves%20furry%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20spike%20ss2sonic%20twilight_sparkle.jpg[img]

whyyyyyy[/QUOTE]
I suddenly feel like trolling this thread now.

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
Serious time now: who would win in a race, Sonic, Speedy Gonzales, the Road Runner, or Rainbow Dash with her wings tied to her back?

Everyone would fall for his traps - Road Runner with out fail always wins.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ivedoneyourmom said:
Everyone would fall for his traps - Road Runner with out fail always wins.

But the Road Runner never sets up traps. Wile E. Coyote's own stupidity is what lets the Road Runner roam free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom