• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian577

Banned
meltingparappa said:
As baffling as it is as to why they'd do DVD only instead of Blu-Ray, a lot of kids shows often do this because DVD penetration rates are so much higher. Also there's no shortage of novelty kids tv's with dvd-players built but, but not expensive blu-ray players.

Don't be surprised when it has an AWFUL cover, either.

My show's DVD had a big giant recycling logo (as it was an Earth Day special) behind some five year old clipart, which was a subliminal way of saying "this cover looks like this belongs in the trash".

I won't complain as long as it's a complete set and not single discs with a few episodes stretched over six months. As far as a cover goes, I'm sure we'll see plenty of alternative covers from the Brony community.

Pikie Pie's Pet

DVD/Bluray?
Q: "Are there any plans for a Season 1 DVD/Bluray set?"
A: "And the answer is yes [fist pump]. So there are gonna be DVDs that show up in toy. So we're actually gonna have the DVDs that will show up in our opening price point ponies um as well as some of them are out there right now? (in the fashion ponies). But um we're also working on um uh DVDs that will actually be for sale just as free standing multiple uh multiple -" [audience: "COLLECTOR'S BOX! COMENTARY! COLLECTOR'S BOX! COMMENTARY!"] "ooh collector's box, commentary. good."

Bronies follows right into this question: Q: "Toys for adult fans" A: "Yes we are working with all of our licensees here to make sure that we are appealing to all ages. And right here I actually have a URL that is welovefine.com which is the grunts are going to be doing Jr's Tees in the new look and that will actually begin um I'm told very soon. If not this Fall, so" [Audience: they're already on sale] "they're already there."

Yeah, that was phrased... in a way a wording that usually used for "something else".

Should have asked if they'll make a decent Happy Meal-sized Fluttershy mold or a white Celestia.

meltingparappa said:
Yeah, that was phrased... in a way a wording that usually used for "something else".

Should have asked if they'll make a decent Happy Meal-sized Fluttershy mold or a white Celestia.
the last question for video 1 was in regards to pink celestia. but true nothing specifically asked/answered about releasing a white celestia. audience member yelled out "i'm paying $100 to repaint my celestia white: I'd rather give [the money] to [hasbro]!"

brian577

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
Q: "Are there any plans for a Season 1 DVD/Bluray set?"
A: "And the answer is yes [fist pump]. So there are gonna be DVDs that show up in toy. So we're actually gonna have the DVDs that will show up in our opening price point ponies um as well as some of them are out there right now? (in the fashion ponies). But um we're also working on um uh DVDs that will actually be for sale just as free standing multiple uh multiple -" [audience: "COLLECTOR'S BOX! COMENTARY! COLLECTOR'S BOX! COMMENTARY!"] "ooh collector's box, commentary. good."

So can we can take this as a confirmation of a full set DVD release and a commentary? Or was that just the speaker being overwhelmed by the audience's enthusiasm and just wanting them to shut up?

sounded like she was trying to say either box set or dvds with multiple episodes on it. nothing about commentaries. sounded like she was taking note of the suggestion.

I wonder if that pink Celestia thing was just a weird error. She is a very light pink, maybe they just messed up the material choice. I think the things she says are a much more grievous error.

It'll be cool to see male ponies, but they need to fix their merchandise/marketing in general. It needs to match the creative direction of the show. Sell Twilight on her love of reading and organization, not how much she loves balloon rides. Espouse Applejack's work ethic, don't pimp her sweet pick up truck. Don't make Celestia brag about her hair. Have her banish loved ones to the moon, er, I mean make her a nuanced example of a female leader (kindness, wisdom, but also lightheartedness).

Edit: Cheezmo, did your thread get deleted?

Calpain

Captain Fish said:
I wonder if that pink Celestia thing was just a weird error. She is a very light pink, maybe they just messed up the material choice. I think the things she says are a much more grievous error.

It'll be cool to see male ponies, but they need to fix their merchandise/marketing in general. It needs to match the creative direction of the show. Sell Twilight on her love of reading and organization, not how much she loves balloon rides. Espouse Applejack's work ethic, don't pimp her sweet pick up truck. Don't make Celestia brag about her hair. Have her banish loved ones to the moon, er, I mean make her a nuanced example of a female leader (kindness, wisdom, but also lightheartedness).

Edit: Cheezmo, did your thread get deleted?

I agree whole heartily with your comments about how the toys should follow the show more. It also made me think of that Malibu Stacy Simpson's episode where Lisa tries to design a doll that isn't an insipid airhead.

How About No said:
Maybe for the best.

Wait fuck that I want to know what happened, I only read the first page :(

What got so bad that it got deleted?
A high school level introduction to logical fallacies, and a lot of people claiming to know THE TRUTH(tm) despite first hand accounts saying otherwise.

Probably indeed for the best that it's gone, but I'm sad it's not archived for reference, especially since it will inevitably come up again and again until the end of time.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Fish said:
Nah. With girls, pink > white. Suppliers know this, and will say "While this is nice, I'll buy 30% more stock if it was pink." or something along the lines. Compromises are made. Well, as much as I'm aware of the subject. I'm sure they wanted white.

Also within the Q&A, they said something along the lines that the show influences the toys, and the toys can influence the show. If so, it would be hilariously bad if they recolor Celestia in the show.

Well, I'm running dry of some music on this laptop. I need some links to some downloadable music for Beat Hazard. Some me some good sources of pony-fused music so where I can download it. And I know that some people here have made some; share them with me if you can.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It actually started to die down near the end and got a little civil.

I don't know why they couldn't just lock it though :/

Anyway, here's best CMC as best pony:

6Aonh.jpg

Edit: I'm sad my G-Fex trolling is lost though ;_;

Narag

n8BitMan said:
Nah. With girls, pink > white. Suppliers know this, and will say "While this is nice, I'll buy 30% more stock if it was pink." or something along the lines. Compromises are made. Well, as much as I'm aware of the subject. I'm sure they wanted white.

Also within the Q&A, they said something along the lines that the show influences the toys, and the toys can influence the show. If so, it would be hilariously bad if they recolor Celestia in the show.

Well, I'm running dry of some music on this laptop. I need some links to some downloadable music for Beat Hazard. Some me some good sources of pony-fused so where I can download it. And I know that some people here have made some; share them with me if you can.

http://cosmicduck.net/ponyswag/
http://odysseymusic.bandcamp.com/album/super-ponybeat-vol-1

I think a good solution based on what they said already would be multiple releases like this:
- Toys w/ a cheap dvd of themed episodes. Ex: Gala dress toys w/ a DVD of Art of the Dress & Best Night Ever.
- DVDs
- Bluray / DVD Combopacks

I am of the opinion that Disney took the right route for combopacks for kids stuff. Parents buy it because they can watch the movie on their nice BR players while giving the kiddies the dvd because kids have access to those much much more than BR players.

People without bluray players would just get the DVDs, while a parent or collector would buy the combopack.

Hopefully they end up giving us nice boxsets as well, but at this point I'd be happy with simply getting good quality releases with nice behind the scenes extras.

kliklik

Banned
meltingparappa said:
A high school level introduction to logical fallacies

Who was doing what?

n8BitMan said:
Nah. With girls, pink > white.

Actually, the most popular favourite colour among girls is blue (and then green iirc.) But girls aren't allowed to like blue... or at least not according to (largely male-run) toymakers and corporations.

Sorry cheezmo. Would you like your soapbox back? =P

Regulus Tera said:
Will the new GAF rules affect PonyGAF in some way? Probably no more human pony fanart, at least the saucy one.
No, human pony art should be fine. And the saucy ones were always pony on pony anyway.

tiff

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Will the new GAF rules affect PonyGAF in some way? Probably no more human pony fanart, at least the saucy one.
It's probably why the furry thread got deleted, on a slightly related note.

Narag

I'd just wait and see. Cutting out forum content will drive away posters and bring in less ad revenue as well. Think he ditched ad providers last time someone tried to pull this.

Doesn't copyright only become a problem when the people that own it complain about it? If copyright were truly a problem, the forum might as well not even continue to exist, or it'll have to find a replacement for Google Ads.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I hope we get more clarification on those policy changes, because as they're presented now... discussions might just get a lot more tame/boring.

How do you have video game discussion without violent content? This seems like a bad ad partnership.

Edit: I'm also not sure why Google can't have an adult ad policy. They're google! They must be able to cater to different levels of websites.

kliklik

Banned
Oh, this thread, right? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437077

I REALLY don't think they're talking about avatars. I think they're talking more about, say, posting scans of magazines without permission, posting videos of movies or leaked game demos without permission, etc. Those are big things, over which companies do invoke copyright. I think art and music is fine, as long as it's the song and not the download. Look, there's no way Google is going to get pissy about you posting a link to a youtube video, which Google itself owns.

Is it confirmed that "crude or indecent language" means swearing, rather than just sexual descriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom