• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kliklik said:
Oh, this thread, right? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437077

I REALLY don't think they're talking about avatars. I think they're talking more about, say, posting scans of magazines without permission, posting videos of movies or leaked game demos without permission, etc. Those are big things, over which companies do invoke copyright. I think art and music is fine, as long as it's the song and not the download. Look, there's no way Google is going to get pissy about you posting a link to a youtube video, which Google itself owns.

Is it confirmed that "crude or indecent language" means swearing, rather than just sexual descriptions?
Nothing is confirmed.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a tad frustrating that we have to tone down our content to please advertisers. I mean, are we on network T.V. now? Where's my plushy contract and six figure salary per post?

kliklik

Banned
tiff said:
YOUR avatars, maybe ;_;

haha. Well tbh I like your new one better. It's adorable.

AusQB said:
Wait, what? No more swearing?

I'm not so sure. The phrasing is "no crude or indecent language, including adult stories", so that seems to imply we're talking about "adult" (aka. sexual) language. Which is a different thing.

ahoyhoy said:
It's just a tad frustrating that we have to tone down our content to please advertisers. I mean, are we on network T.V. now? Where's my plushy contract and six figure salary per post?

How much is it toning down, really?

kliklik

Banned
The only concerns I have are over the copyright thing - how far that goes - and the swearing. I think it's kind of lame to curb swearing (it only makes people want to do it more and it's not like it's rampant all over here or a big problem so it's weird to start putting restrictions). Other than that it seems like it won't really affect things much, at least that I've seen.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The standard this new policy sets suggests that what is and is not allowed will now be up to something aside from EviLore/the mods, namely, Google Adsense. We as a forum are no longer allowed to dictate the kind of behavior we want, and are instead held at the mercy of some outside organization, which, honestly, sucks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sup follow Bronies! Check out what my girlfriend surprised me with today.

54sm5f.jpg

Nice!

AusQB

kliklik said:
That's a good point. Google is getting a bit scary in their omnipresence and control of the internet.
Movies always portray powerful, monopolistic corporations as dark, evil entities with sinister logos.

A giant Google logo atop a skyscraper will light up the sky.

Kintaro said:
Very jelly.

Kintaro said:

http://i54.tinypic.com/54sm5f.jpg[IMG]

Nice![/QUOTE]
She must really h . . . *sees the Nice!* . . . love you! Congratulations! What are you gonna do with it?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Master Milk said:
She must really h . . . *sees the Nice!* . . . love you! Congratulations! What are you gonna do with it?

No idea! I'll keep it closed for now. So tempted to open it though. I hope they make one with the other ponies.

Narag

Yup. Ad revenue is the only revenue. If one is running it, it's unwise to talk about it. That's why fistful was banned too iirc. Well that and being a dick about it.

Nishastra

Banned
Narag said:
Yup. Ad revenue is the only revenue. If one is running it, it's unwise to talk about it. That's why fistful was banned too iirc.
Uh huh. That's why the condition for him being unbanned was for him to give EviLore $50.

tiff

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I just didn't know about the adblock rule. That's what surprises me.
It was seriously considered on the last board I posted on and the one before that actually went so far as to filter out the word, so I'm not surprised in the least.

edit: just edit it out dude.

Less talk about uncertain forum rule changes and more talk about ponies!

New Carek stuff to get us back on track:

Click for source on both.

Luna and Derpy's Karaoke are keeping Celestia from sleeping. Is moon banishment imminent?!?! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn!

Zomba13

Not sure I like what might happen with the new rules. I mean if the ToS for the adsense stuff has to be followed to the letter then this place will be like GFAQs where you get modded/banned for asking what Source mods are fun (as they are mods and not all authorised and some use copyrighted materials etc).

Hope the change doesn't make the place super strict. Hate getting modded for making topics about things that are 100% fine unless you look at the very literal meaning of the rules and look for any reason to mod. Would be horrible being able to be banned for saying 'damn' (which is technically swearing) accidentally in a post.

EDIT: Oh god, Pony! I laughed way too much at that.

I always rage when I see Pink Celestia. >: (

I got my brother to buy a McDonald toy overseas (Singapore). It's Cheerilee though, which is my least wanted pony out of all the choices (including Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash). Still, pony > no pony.

8QukT.jpg

I hope Philippine McDonalds sells ponies soon. They only have Batman and Naruto right now.

mj1108

Regulus Tera said:
Will the new GAF rules affect PonyGAF in some way? Probably no more human pony fanart, at least the saucy one.

Good. If it gets rid of that crap then that is a GOOD thing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Wolf Akela said:
I always rage when I see Pink Celestia. >: (

I got my brother to buy a McDonald toy overseas (Singapore). It's Cheerilee though, which is my least wanted pony out of all the choices (including Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash). Still, pony > no pony.

http://i.imgur.com/8QukT.jpg[img]

I hope Philippine McDonalds sells ponies soon. They only have Batman and Naruto right now.[/QUOTE]
you're a mad man.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4RPu8.jpg

Narag said:
ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ゜w゜)ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

tumblr_lfqvybkbPi1qbtsvoo1_500.gif

Orcastar

New rules seem somewhat alarming and ill-suited for an online forum. I'll reservre judgement until I see the final ToS though.

Carek's art is amazing, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom