• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Pankaks said:

v1wJT.jpg

DrForester said:
Luna tried to kill everything in Equestria (would have been the end result of no sunlight).

Far as people being "afraid" of her, it's no different than the harry Potter series and how everything thinks Dumbledore's going to go all out in punishments. They're just afraid of disappointing someone they look up to.
Given the ultimate characterization of Dumbledore, I don't think your comparison really bolsters your case.

If a thousand-year imprisonment were the only way to prevent Armageddon it would be justified. As it stands, I don't think NMM was omnicidal- it doesn't fit her motivation. Hard for her to find validation for her night when all of those who would appreciate it were dead. As a goddess of the heavens, I think she could have figured something out.

That's an ancillary point to the main one, which is that banishment doesn't make much sense except as vengeance. There's no reason to assume the elements of harmony worked any differently for Celestia than they did for the mane 6. Given that the elements turned NMM powerless when Twi and co used them, it probably did so for Celestia and the most text-supported reading is that the banishment was unnecessary to prevent armageddon.

One can posit a different version of events to preserve Celestia's character, though I think the above account is the best supported, though he only time that that's true for the tyrant Celestia/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amibguous Cad said:
Given the ultimate characterization of Dumbledore, I don't think your comparison really bolsters your case.

If a thousand-year imprisonment were the only way to prevent Armageddon it would be justified. As it stands, I don't think NMM was omnicidal- it doesn't fit her motivation. Hard for her to find validation for her night when all of those who would appreciate it were dead. As a goddess of the heavens, I think she could have figured something out.

That's an ancillary point to the main one, which is that banishment doesn't make much sense except as vengeance. There's no reason to assume the elements of harmony worked any differently for Celestia than they did for the mane 6. Given that the elements turned NMM powerless when Twi and co used them, it probably did so for Celestia and the most text-supported reading is that the banishment was unnecessary to prevent armageddon.

One can posit a different version of events to preserve Celestia's character, though I think the above account is the best supported, though he only time that that's true for the tyrant Celestia/

While Dumbledore's 18 year troll of Harry is indisputable, individual actions by him in the books were very similar to Celestia. He helps peopel grow, and lets them fend for themselves sometimes to do so.

Regarding NMM and the Elements, it's important to remember, the elements defeated Nightmare Moon, they did not however bring back Luna. Luna in the end had to make the choice to be forgiven on her own, the elements themselves had nothing to do with it. Celestia defeated Nightmare Moon, however as one of the objects of Luna's resentment she could not forgive herself. She had to be defeated by someone else, getting defeated by Celestia probably just made her resentment worse.

Eh, I guess that's an ok video of Appl-OH GOD SHE'S RAINBOW DASH'S VOICE TOO?! /)(^3^)(\

brb imaging her saying omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg mid coitus

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Owlowiscious said:
Eh, I guess that's an ok video of Appl-OH GOD SHE'S RAINBOW DASH'S VOICE TOO?! /)(^3^)(\

i think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship

2th

Banned
Owlowiscious said:

i cant say i agree with you without looking like panda. so ill just silently tip my hat in approval.

Narag

Ultimoo said:
imagine Twilight Sparkle fighting her mentor (with this music playing) in order to save Equestria in an 8-bit mega man parody, so awesome.

Final boss as the mane six band together to finally depose the tyrant Celestia. It can be the dancing mad of ponies.

Ultimoo said:
imagine Twilight Sparkle fighting her mentor (with this music playing) in order to save Equestria in an 8-bit mega man parody, so awesome.
And then Celestia turns into an alien! But that alien turns out to be a hologram! And that Hologram has the Sigma virus! Yadda yadda yadda, Celestia bobble head dummy, Electrical Communication. Exeunt.

2th

Banned
should have posted this earlier... but Carek has been hiding a deep dark secret from us all. One that only Panda will really appreciate.

7VWMv.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
Art with ponies and people always reminds me of their "actual" size which is always bigger then the show conveys.
carek is exaggerating size for the sake of the drawing, the ponies are only about as large as an average sized dog.

that dash is more like celestia size in that picture

AusQB

Pandaman said:
carek is exaggerating size for the sake of the drawing, the ponies are only about as large as an average sized dog.

that dash is more like celestia size in that picture
No way. Celestia is easily six feet tall.

Chuck

Still without luck
Pandaman said:
carek is exaggerating size for the sake of the drawing
Narag said:
Well that anime girl might just be small so maybe Dash is to scale...

Or maybe when the pony take over of humans happened hundreds of years ago, the ponies discovered a way to genetically enhance apples to make them huge, something the humans were working on to cure world hunger at the same time that they were working to get animals to speak among other things!

I just like the idea of a big Rainbow Dash I could fly on. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom