• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

So I was watching 12 Angry Men the other day, and I just realized something about Granny Smith's inconsistent story about the founding of Ponyville.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Granny_Smith
MLP Wiki said:
Even though Granny Smith claims to have founded Ponyville, in Winter Wrap Up, Twilight Sparkle claimed that Ponyville had been clearing snow without magic for hundreds of years. This means that Granny Smith would be several hundred years old at least.

Here's what the old guy in 12 Angry Men had to say about an elderly witness.
He was a very old man in a torn jacket and he walked very slowly to the stand. He was dragging his left leg and trying to hide it because he was ashamed. I think I know this man better than anyone here. This is a quiet, frightened, insignificant old man who has been nothing all his life - who has never had recognition - or his name in the newspapers. Nobody knows him. Nobody quotes him. Nobody seeks his advice after seventy-five years. Gentlemen, that's a very sad thing to be nothing. A man like this needs to be quoted, to be listened to, to be quoted just once - very important to him...He wouldn't really lie. But perhaps he made himself believe that he heard those words and recognized the boy's face.

BTW, this line also has implications later in the movie.

Psxphile

We need a Celestia episode.

zBTnP.png

Original

Actually... a "22 Short Films about Ponyville" episode could be interesting.

Xzeon

Banned
I went to the mall on Saturday and talked to 2 female Bronies.

There was like, the smallest convention ever in a random store in my mall for no reason.

A dude who drew for the Simpsons season 2 was there drawing people as Simpsons characters.

I talked to him about MLP as well cuz he was like 'Whats up with the ponies' cuz I was rocking my Dash shirt.

So I talked to a legit animator dude about ponies lol.

I then bought Power Ranger action figures.

Then there was a big table and I saw pony happy meal toys turned into necklaces.

There were 2 girls working the table and they were like 'omg cool shirt.'

One of them had a Dash cutie mark patch on her jeans.

I awkwardly talked for a bit as best as I could to females.

One of them said 'Are you going to Everfree?' the Seattle Ponycon.

And I was like 'Uh... I dont drive up there ever.'

And then I kinda just, looked at the toys on the table and then left.

This is my life.

tumblr_m5fov6wymD1r05905o1_500.jpg

Welcome me Ponygaf.

I am home.

McNum

I think one of Fluttershy's colors is Posey, but I'm not sure. The one with the yellow stripe in her mane completely eludes me.
I think I should know Rarity's pink and blue color, but I can't put a name on it. A G1 pony.
Rainbow Dash is also Rainbow Dash, but the one that dresses in style. She is also Firefly.
Applejack... I don't know. Original Applejack?
Twilight Sparkle is also Twilight... her mother? Kind of awkward.
Pinkie Pie looks like a super mode, but that's probably the Surprise colors shining through. Not sure of the other one. G3 Pinkie Pie? ...G3.5?

Fun idea for a gif, definitely thought through more than just rotating the hue. The cutie marks changing, plus wings and horns disappearing and reappearing is a nice touch.

McNum

Yeah but Pinkie didn't consider the Hydra to be a doozy.

Pinkie Sense runs on Pinkie Logic.
It's possible her Pinkie Sense was overloaded, too. A royal wedding, and Pinkie gets to throw the reception? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity to show Canterlot what a REAL party is like. Now THAT is a doozy. That an invasion of changelings is a part of that does not make it less of a doozy.

But most "Why?" questions about Pinkie Pie can usually be answered like this: "She's just being Pinkie Pie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom