• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Whogie said:
Mediocre to me. Things like the tone and animation really felt 'off' the entire time. It wasn't until I came to this thread afterwards that I learned that this was the first Faustless episode.

Hopefully the new guy just needs some time to hit his stride. The first few episodes of season 1 were weak to me too.
We won't be faustless until season 3

Sciz

So much misinformation ITT.

Whogie said:
Mediocre to me. Things like the tone and animation really felt 'off' the entire time. It wasn't until I came to this thread afterwards that I learned that this was the first Faustless episode.

Hopefully the new guy just needs some time to hit his stride. The first few episodes of season 1 were weak to me too.
Faust didn't leave until Season Two was already well into production.
Jayson Thiessen said:
Let it be known as well that almost all of the stories for season two were pretty much figured out by the time she left, so Lauren is still in there.
These episodes take about a year to produce from start to finish, and she didn't quit until this May.

brian577 said:
Neither did Feeling Pinkie Keen. Wonder if it's a coincidence that the same writer wrote that one?
Feeling Pinkie Keen was Dave Polsky, who also wrote Over a Barrel. Lesson Zero was Meghan McCarthy, who also wrote Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Green Isn't Your Color, and Party of One.

Whogie

The animation is a lot of what bugged me. Some things just could become really exaggerated.
jogarrr said:
v5liym.jpg
Or weird jaws.
qO1Tp.png

I really can't just put a finger on one thing, but it's a bunch of small things about this episode that make it feel different from the rest.

Pandaman said:
We won't be faustless until season 3
Hmm, okay. I had just read otherwise.

PS The GIFs coming out of this episode are fantastic.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Whogie said:
The animation is a lot of what bugged me. Some things just could become really exaggerated.

Or weird jaws.
qO1Tp.png

I really can't just put a finger on one thing, but it's a bunch of small things about this episode that make it feel different from the rest.

Celestia was drawn from a lot of new angles this episode, that why it looks different. We've always seen her from a front, or profile view.

jogarrr

DrForester said:
ONE WEEK TILL STUPID FANFICS ARE DESTROYED BY SWEET WONDERFUL CANON!
Or it could help support some of the fanfics. :p (I dunno. Not too familiar with Luna fanfics.)

In any case, Holy crap one week until Luna!!? I never thought this day would come.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Best animation since Party of One. A serious tour-de-force of style and humor.

Doubters be damned. Season 2 will surpass 1 in quality.

ahoyhoy said:
Best animation since Party of One. A serious tour-de-force of style and humor.

Doubters be damned. Season 2 will surpass 1 in quality.
I'm feeling the same. I already love everything I've seen of S2 and I even dig the new opening despite being initially worried. Animation was different in this episode, some voices were off at times, but it was great.

Fluttershy definitely gets favour points from me for her bear massage. Neck snap should be one of her moves in the fighting game.

I don't get the praise of the new intro.

It's mostly the same, and I wasn't so hot on the changes.

The train being shoehorned in for promotion is previous MLP Gen type stuff, and I thought the old one sounded better anyway.

Neki

Whogie said:

lol placebo effect.

OMG Aero

Okay that episode was awesome. Crazy ponies are the best ponies.

Also it once again proved that Fluttershy is categorically the best pony.

Neki

OMG Aero said:
Okay that episode was awesome. Crazy ponies are the best ponies.

Also it once again proved that Fluttershy is categorically the best pony.

that's not how you spell Twilight.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
You cant be serious, I could understand you felt the tone was not right, but the animation? The animation of this episode was just incredible, animators going nuts looney tunes offmodel style. The expressions, the movements... so much life.

It WAS pretty over the top, with the numerous cartoon sight gags and Twilight's facial expressions bordering on Ren and Stimpy territory.

I thought it was pretty good, but I do hope they reign it in a bit. One episode like Party of One every once in awhile is great. As a steady diet, however, it threatens to undermine the specialness. How epic is the Sonic Rainboom, really, when we now know that Dash can produce a nuclear explosion?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Twilight is going to be so sad when she remembers that she gave away her favorite childhood toy and now no one knows where it is :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ChuckNoLuck said:
Subtle humor is the best humor. This episode had none of it.

Sometimes you need to shake things a bit to make it more interesting though.

This is why I love this episode - the exaggeration of the faces were a welcome as well as the visual humor.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now I just don't know if I'll take it or let someone else have it. I love my pink Spy avatar so much. So much use I have for it.

Top Bottom