• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Ultimate Evil Strategy for the launch of the PlayStation 5 and the XSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Op got their attention, and this post does little else except to feed that attention seeking. Especially given how many times they returned to it themselves to keep it 'bumped'

Many people will probably hate me for this, but I am not afraid to admit it neogaf - I am a HUGE scalper. Every time a new generation rolls around I always make a lot of $$$. I did it with PS3/360, I did it with PS4/X1 and I am gonna do it with PS5/XSX especially with the already announced shortage of the PS5 announced by Sony (I believe they said they can only get 500,000 out for Holiday, due to the virus)

What I usually do is as soon as pre-orders hit I have 3 webpages open, 1 from Amazon, 1 from Best Buy, and 1 from Gamestop or Walmart. I ordered three PS4s right when the pre-orders went live during E3 2013 on Amazon through my phone (I was sitting at the conference in middle row and I managed to pre-order it during the presentation, was so happy and joyful) Went to my hotel and did the same thing for the Xbox One. Fast forward to launch, I kept 1 of each for myself and the 2 PS4s on eBay almost instantly along with the Xbox Ones and I was a happy online shopper. I managed to make over $200 in profits of each sale, it was a fun time.

I'll be doing same for PS5/XSX - Make sure to hook me up and buy it from me, I am your best seller =P

Anyone else plans to Scalp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there usually an advance notice of when pre-orders will go live? Like, before E3 did everyone know it would happen during E3?

I say it a lot but I’m really hoping to snag a pre-order before they go fast.

Is there usually an advance notice of when pre-orders will go live? Like, before E3 did everyone know it would happen during E3?

I say it a lot but I’m really hoping to snag a pre-order before they go fast.

If I remember correctly, they usually tend to go up right after a price and date is announced. For PS4 it happend during the live E3 2013 conference.

I'd just suggest you keep a few tabs open on your browser of different online retailers so that if and when pre orders do go live you will be ready to go.

I think its very safe to say that you'll be able to pre order both systems sometime in June.

To answer your question in regards if they knew or not I think most people assumed so because the systems were 5 months away launch so it was kind of obvious that that's when the pre orders probably would go up.

Last edited:

Eimran

sH5Rwfa.jpg

Huge scalper, 3 units and one for keeps...
d33.jpg

For real, that is nothing compared to the nintendo scalpers.
The mythical karen scalper for example
ETH1AtPXYAIlm_X.jpg

Bro, yours are rookie numbers.

More power to her man. Too bad the Wii U sucked for the most part, now those people got legit scammed by Nintendo.

6 units got me over $1,400 I was happy.

If a console costs $400, how much by can you really upsell? $200 , $300? I am sure some moron would buy 1 for a total of $1000 which is a $600 upsell, but that will probably take longer. It depends on the demand and shortage.

Last edited:

DonF

More power to her man. Too bad the Wii U sucked for the most part, now those people got legit scammed by Nintendo.

6 units got me over $1,400 I was happy.

If a console costs $400, how much by can you really upsell? $200 , $300? I am sure some moron would buy 1 for a total of $1000, but that will probably take longer. It depends on the demand and shortage.
Nintendo is where the real money is. Nintendo fans will pay extra for anything.
7w1wqsch9ig21.png

Aion002

Anyone who says they'd turn down an opportunity to make extra money is either doesn't know how to do it, hates money or is plain jealous.
That's fine and all... But what's the point of this thread?

My impression is that you're trying to tell everybody how smart you are. Because you're going to enter a generation on profit and stuff...

Well... Being a scalper is not a new thing, most choose to not do because they just don't want it.... I am not going to judge a scalper... But it is an action that is morally criticized.

So again... What's the point of this thread? Honest question.

ethomaz

Banned
I should invest on PS5 and not so much on Xbox.
From what I remember even after a year you could see Launch Day Xbox One Edition being sold below the price in Amazon.com.

You need shortages to make money.

Last edited:
That's fine and all... But what's the point of this thread?

My impression is that you're trying to tell everybody how smart you are. Because you're going to enter a generation on profit and stuff...

Well... Being a scalper is not a new thing, most choose to not do because they just don't want it.... I am not going to judge a scalper... But it is an action that is morally criticized.

So again... What's the point of this thread? Honest question.

Point of this thread? Sharing and expressing yourself is simply the point, this is a public gaming forum where people talk and discuss about their feelings on gaming and what they plan to do or what they used to do. Welcome to the internet buddy. If you have nothing interesting to say then no need to be talking here. If you don't like what's being said then that's fine. And I was also curios if anyone else has scalped in the past or has done it before.

or sees more value in not being a dick

How is having an opportunity to make money makes you a dick? Oh, that others don't get to play because it benefits me and not anyone else? Not everyone is equal dude in this world and that's why people with more money and power will survive longer than others. Welcome to the real world. If you can find a way to exploit and abuse the situation to your advantage then you will do it. Others will continue to be ignorant and continue bitching about their miserable lives. If you are any kind of a business man then you have to learn how to take advantage of the stupid, impatient or people who have too much money and have nothing else to spend it on and that's their personal choice. No one is forcing them to do anything. Too bad for them, those people don't pay my bills nor are they my friends or family I don't give a shit about little Timmy not getting his PS5 for Christmas from his mom or dad, i am not his parent or friend and nether should you.

You really think that a a random Joe gives a fuck about whether you get to play PS5 day 1 or not? Its your personal choice if you buy a console at $500 or $1000. For fuck sake man, people need to stop having empathy or any kind of feelings for people who have no effect on their life. Your not physically hurting anyones life by taking advantage of a hardware box to be sold at a higher price than normal because of a shortage lol. Business 101. Stop turning this shit from a fly into a fucking elephant its just a conversation about scalping.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Youre wasting your money if you do this

these are mass produced item and not limited collectors item

Even if theres scarcity at release, me and lot of folks here are patient enough to wait couple more week/month until they releases more unit

People will eventually get their hands of this ps5 and series x wether youre scalping or not

Last edited:
Youre wasting your money if you do this

these are mass produced item and not limited collectors item

Even if theres scarcity at release, me and lot of folks here are patient enough to wait couple more week/month until they releases more unit

Wasting money if I do this? Yeah, I've done it before plenty of times and MADE money. But thanks for your constructive input. That's fine that you're willing to wait, there are plenty of others who are NOT willing to wait and will pay the price and you know it.

Lone Wolf

How is having an opportunity to make money makes you a dick? Oh, that others don't get to play because it benefits me and not anyone else? Not everyone is equal dude in this world and that's why people with more money and power will survive longer than others. Welcome to the real world. If you can find a way to exploit and abuse the situation to your advantage then you will do it. Others will continue to be ignorant and continue bitching about their miserable lives. If you are any kind of a business man then you have to learn how to take advantage of the stupid, impatient or people who have too much money and have nothing else to spend it on and that's their personal choice. No one is forcing them to do anything. Too bad for them, those people don't pay my bills nor are they my friends or family I don't give a shit about little Timmy not getting his PS5 for Christmas from his mom or dad, i am not his parent or friend and nether should you.

You really think that a a random Joe gives a fuck about whether you get to play PS5 day 1 or not? Its your personal choice if you buy a console at $500 or $1000. For fuck sake man, people need to stop having empathy or any kind of feelings for people who have no effect on their life. Your not physically hurting anyones life by taking advantage of a hardware box to be sold at a higher price than normal because of a shortage lol. Business 101. Stop turning this shit from a fly into a fucking elephant its just a conversation about scalping.
Wow you really are a dick.

Topfuel

You are in in lower league. I only scalp new Rolex steel sports watches and Porsche 911 GTx RS models. I made a killing on selling two 911 GT3 RS 4.0.

chaseroni

I'd ask you not to reproduce, but by the way you talk I just don't see that happening anyways.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Wasting money if I do this? Yeah, I've done it before plenty of times and MADE money. But thanks for your constructive input. That's fine that you're willing to wait, there are plenty of others who are NOT willing to wait and will pay the price and you know it.

Im telling you by looking at Xbox Series X and PS5 unconvincingly dull game line up so far and people are still afraid to go around because of covid-19....

Im betting these thing wont be on most people priority list and arent on high demand....

But feel free if you still want to do that...

Last edited:

Aion002

Point of this thread? Sharing and expressing yourself is simply the point, this is a public gaming forum where people talk and discuss about their feelings on gaming and what they plan to do or what they used to do. Welcome to the internet buddy. If you have nothing interesting to say then no need to be talking here. If you don't like what's being said then that's fine. And I was also curios if anyone else has scalped in the past or has done it before.
Oh... So just saying: "I am scummy, anyone else?"

Cool story.

chaseroni

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am already a successful individual with a beautiful wife and a child. Thanks for the toxic behavior though and insult.
You measure your success by how many people you've successfully ripped off? What a professional. Even conned someone into marrying you :messenger_crying:

Im telling you by looking at Xbox Series X and PS5 game line up so far and people are still afraid to go around because of covid-19....

Im betting these thing wont be on most people priority list and arent on high demand....

But feel free if you still want to do that...

What line up? The line up that hasn't been officially announced? It doesn't matter what the line up is. Both PS4 and PS3 had horrible lines up People buy them because they want the day 1 experience regardless of games.

You measure your success by how many people you've successfully ripped off? What a professional. Even conned someone into marrying you :messenger_crying:

How is it ripping someone off when it was their choice to whether buy it or not? Did I point a gun to their head over the interwebs on eBay? I don't understand your logic dude. When you go to a store and you wanna buy a pack of chicken for $15 bucks and you buy it does that mean the store ripped you off? Or if someone is sold out and someone else has it but for a higher price, but obviously they will upsell to make more profit due to shortage that makes it a ripoff too?

Last edited:

Kusarigama

Imagine if doctors do similar practices especially emergency care doctors. Hopefully you are not a doctor.

Last edited:
Imagine if doctors do similar practices especially emergency care doctors. Hopefully you are not a doctor.

Not sure why you're comparing such obvious differences lol. People become doctors because they want to save lives and also because it pays a lot of money. Trying to compare doctors/medical needs to someone who is trying to make money or do some sort of a business by selling new game consoles over the internet are 2 completely different things. Good job dude on trying to find a way to weasel out of that. Let's compare 2 tottally different things and make them relevant when they cannot be relevant in the first place. You know well enough that I was specifically talking in a business sense scenario. It's funny how people will grasp for straws just for the sake of it.

You do realize though, if you do not have money and you have medial issues then you're kind of fucked right? Insurance also costs a lot of money, so let's not pretend that getting a doctor is a free service, tests, surgeries and exams is free shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom