• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Marvel Studios event/presentation to take place in LA Tuesday 28th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
PbztADY.jpeg

So we've seen the purple (Orb), red (Aether) and blue (Cube) already. Three more to introduce.

Loki staff was confirmed as a stone. SO we have:

Aether - Reality Stone
Orb - Power Stone
Staff - Mind Stone
Tesseract - Space Stone

Only Time (Orange) and Soul (Green) remains

Sephzilla

You'd kind of think with the (lack of) money Sony has right now they'd probably be trying to throw Spidey at Marvel to try and get some free cash from that Avengers wagon.

Magnus

The after credits stinger for Thor 2

So it's established that we've actually seen three of the gems, and they're taking the form of differently shaped and sized artifacts in the MCU?

I always thought they were the same size. Cool reinvention of the concept. Unless they could always manifest as different things in the comics, too?

Ithil

Wait, whaaa?

I haven't seen S2 of SHIELD, nor Thor 2. Where did all this come from?

It was in the announcement of Avengers: Infinity War.

The Orb is in GOTG, the Aether is in Thor 2, and the Cube is the Tesseract in Cap 1 and Avengers 1.
GOTG fully explained the Infinity stones as they are in the MCU.

cory64

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (Dis) - 5/1
• Ant-Man (Dis) - 7/17
• The Fantastic Four (Fox) - 8/7

• Deadpool (Fox) - 2/12
• Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (WB) - 3/25
• Captain America: Civil War (Dis) - 5/6
• X-Men: Apocalypse (Fox) - 5/27
• Suicide Squad (WB) - 8/5
• Doctor Strange (Dis) - 11/4
• Sinister Six (Sony) - 11/11

• Untitled Wolverine(Fox) - 3/3/17
• Guardians of the Galaxy 2(Dis) - 5/5/17
• Wonder Woman (WB) - 6/23/17
• The Fantastic Four 2(Fox) - 7/14/17
• Thor: Ragnarok(Dis) - 7/28/17
• Black Panther(Dis) - 11/3/17
• Justice League Part I(WB) - 11/17/17

• The Flash(WB) - 3/23/18
• Avengers: Infinity War Part 1(Dis) - 5/4/18
• The Amazing Spider-Man 3(Sony) - 2018
• Captain Marvel(Dis) - 7/6/18
• Untitled Fox / Marvel(Fox) - 7/13/18
• Aquaman(WB) - 7/27/18
• Inhumans(Dis) - 11/2/18

• Shazam(WB) - 4/5/19
• Avengers: Infinity War Part 2(Dis) - 5/3/19
• Justice League Part II(WB) - 6/14/19
• Cyborg(WB) - 4/3/20
• Green Lantern(WB) - 6/19/20

That staff was also blue, so uh, I don't know. The green one?
Kind of odd that Thanos would give a guy an Infinity stone to go get another one but I guess it was on loan.

With Thanos constantly losing the gems, I think his plan is more about knowing where all of them are rather than collecting them all initially. Once he starts collecting them, he'll alert the universe about his master plan so it seems like it would be best to wait until he can get them all in a short amount of time.

mcrommert

Banned
• Ant-Man (Dis) - 7/17

• Deadpool (Fox) - 2/12

• Aquaman(WB) - 7/27/18

• Shazam(WB) - 4/5/19
• Cyborg(WB) - 4/3/20

Of the non marvel made movies the only one i have any interest is x-men apocalypse only because xmen was the best comic book movie of this year...otherwise i don't care at all

You'd kind of think with the (lack of) money Sony has right now they'd probably be trying to throw Spidey at Marvel to try and get some free cash from that Avengers wagon.

I think it'd have to be all or nothing. I mean, if you are Marvel, do you want to license Spidey and have him play a big part in your universe in Avengers 3, and then go back to Sony to make a new solo Spiderman movie that you have no say or control over? If it sucks it could make the MCU look bad. I never thought the licensing out thing would work. Marvel would likely want all or nothing.

Hatchtag

Banned
• Ant-Man (Dis) - 7/17

• Deadpool (Fox) - 2/12

• Aquaman(WB) - 7/27/18

• Shazam(WB) - 4/5/19
• Cyborg(WB) - 4/3/20

There's also Lego Batman, the only DC movie worth caring about.

dabig2

• Deadpool (Fox) - 2/12

Pretty excited for this stretch. Fanboy wars are going to be out of control if you thought it was bad now, lol!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm very very pleased with Marvel Studio Event. I was reading LiveBlog and had some chats with my friends. We were so hyped with many announcements and everything.

They made a good choice for Black Panther cast, and the titles for the movies really made me exciting and eager to see them in the theater.

I really hope that they are going to keep quality high for the movies, and DC vs Marvel completion is really really good for the fans. We basically got what we want for now.

DC are making it up as they go along, one bomb or two and the house of cards collapses is my guess then back to Batman reboot.

This is such bullshit.

Seriously, you fan boys are hilarious. DC has a plan. Marvel has a plan. Neither of them are making it up as they go along. What you just said shows you don't understand the logistics of filmmaking. The amount of work that goes into these movies can't possibly be done by just "making it up".

Loxley

DC are making it up as they go along, one bomb or two and the house of cards collapses is my guess then back to Batman reboot.

DC announced nine movies over the next six years, that's not so much "making it up as they go along" as it is "planning ahead". It's quite literally what Marvel just did, and has been doing since Phase Two was announced years back. I get that people really don't want to pay DC a compliment, but they're playing the game the same way Marvel is.

People thinking DCs films are going to bomb are starting to sound as ridiculous as the ones who though Marvel's were going to over the last few years.

Sephzilla

I think it'd have to be all or nothing. I mean, if you are Marvel, do you want to license Spidey and have him play a big part in your universe in Avengers 3, and then go back to Sony to make a new solo Spiderman movie that you have no say or control over? If it sucks it could make the MCU look bad. I never thought the licensing out thing would work. Marvel would likely want all or nothing.

I also wonder how much/little Marvel wants Spidey's movie rights back. Either Sony's asking price must be comically too high or Marvel doesn't care as much as we want them to.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This is such bullshit.

Seriously, you fan boys are hilarious. DC has a plan. Marvel has a plan. Neither of them are making it up as they go along. What you just said shows you don't understand the logistics of filmmaking. The amount of work that goes into these movies can't possibly be done by just "making it up".

Why do you get so defensive in these threads yo.

Exactly. That's why I didn't want Spider-Man announced today unless by some miracle his future movies would be Disney-produced. As long as Sony is in the Motion Picture business, I don't see a deal being made.

mcrommert

Banned
This is such bullshit.

I agree, but DC doesn't have the interesting movie properties that Marvel has...and also they are giving the movies to a garbage director that already made a bad superman movie...marvel seems to be nearly flawless in execution

This is such bullshit.

Aye. Everybody's got plans, guys.

I'm on board for anything DC/Marvel wants to bring to me. I'll watch all of this shit.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That staff was also blue, so uh, I don't know. The green one?
Kind of odd that Thanos would give a guy an Infinity stone to go get another one but I guess it was on loan.
Especially since Loki actually lost the staff, and everyone in the movie mentioning it was like the Tesseract, so eh.

Why do you get so defensive in these threads yo.

I'm not defensive at all. I'm just stating the truth.

I agree, but DC doesn't have the interesting movie properties that Marvel has...and also they are giving the movies to a garbage director that already made a bad superman movie...marvel seems to be nearly flawless in execution

see Xia we have people saying this while the Hulk movie and Thor movies exist. Also, Marvel gave a movie to Scott Derrickson. The director of such classics as The Day the Earth Stood Still, Hellraiser Inferno, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Deliver Us from Evil.

Scott's a nice guy but he makes shit movies.

Sephzilla

This is such bullshit.

*Points to Sony's Spider-Man universe plan*

You sure?

E the Shaggy

Man Marvel really did MURDER IT today.

Chadwick Bossman is a fantastic actor (just see Get on Up and 42) and will make an amazing T'Challa.

I can't believe how much was revealed. Cannot wait for Infinity War.

cory64

This is such bullshit.

Yup. If in 2010 Marvel had laid out their plans through 2015 we would have the same reaction. Not saying that DC's plans are going to go as smoothly, or that it isn't a reaction to Marvel's public strategy, just that it's a bit ridiculous to make it look so one-sided.

Pavaloo

I also wonder how much/little Marvel wants Spidey's movie rights back. Either Sony's asking price must be comically too high or Marvel doesn't care as much as we want them to.

i doubt they don't care

otherwise they would have tried to downsize his comic events, but they've done the opposite. plus they did try to get oscorp tower in avengers 1, but sony didn't have the cgi done/ready

but who knows, i guess. they're probably desperately trying to get toby on board

Sephzilla

i doubt they don't care

otherwise they would have tried to downsize his comic events, but they've done the opposite. plus they did try to get oscorp tower in avengers 1, but sony didn't have the cgi done/ready

but who knows, i guess. they're probably desperately trying to get toby on board

Toby returning as Spidey would be the worst thing. He was not a good Parker/Spidey.

An-Det

Damn, now that's a Phase 3. Between this, DC trying to build their own cinematic connections, and what Fox and Sony are doing, it's an amazing time for comic book fans. 2016 in particular looks nuts.

Metalmarc

Disney owning the box office for the next 6 years

Marvel

Ant-Man - July 17 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28 2017
Black Panther - November 3 2017
Avengers: Infinity War: Part I - May 4 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6 2018
Inhumans - November 2 2018
Avengers: Infinity War: Part II - May 3 2019

Star Wars

2015: Episode VII
2016: Boba Fett Movie (rumoured)
2017: Episode VIII
2018: Han Solo Movie (rumoured)
2019: Episode IX
2020: Red Five Movie (X-Wing Squad) - (rumoured)

Marvel just announced a film where their two biggest characters are at war with each other, in case you actually thought DC should be ignored. Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom