• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store Flash Sale (Dark Souls 2, Tales of Graces f, South Park, FFX/X-2, more)

Clunker

Anyone know if the online for ME3 is still active on PS3? I wouldn't mind picking up the bundle since I was jonesing for that horde mode-style multiplayer the other day and my Gold sub has lapsed.

If I've never played Mass Effect 3, which of these DLC packs do I need to "complete" the story?

None of them. There was free DLC that fixed the ending, and there is one that acts as a send off... but the actual completion to the story is part of the base game.

sensui-tomo

If I've never played Mass Effect 3, which of these DLC packs do I need to "complete" the story?

in my opinion for this sale, the only dlc you might want(need is a special word) is from ashes and more importantly Citadel(this more so than from ashes(even though that adds another character)

Darknight

Ok got the correction, thanx dudes!

So $10 Demon's Souls? Sony/From do this instead, make a 1080p Demon's Souls for PS4, charge $50 and you got my money. Got the disk copy already!

Would buy at $5. Dont hate. Steam + past flash sales have made me a CheapAssGAFer.

If you haven't played Tales of Graces F, get it. A steal at that price for such an awesome game. The story is pretty weak, but the characters are fun and that combat system is not only the best in tales history, but one of the best combat systems in any RPG ever.

Krafter

Hm, what are the chances of the Mass Effect Trilogy hitting the PS4? Not sure if I want to wait it out or not, but the 3 full games for $15 is pretty damn good.

I'll be picking up:

Ni No Kuni
Mass Effect Trilogy
Tales of Graces f

You're killing my wallet, Sony. I've had a PS3 for only two and a half months and I already have more games on it than my old 360.

AlexBasch

It's funny how I got ME1 thinking I was going to buy the rest of them cheap on retail and the Trilogy is like 7.50 for 2 and 3. Niiiiice.

Already got through the trilogy on Xbox, but screw it, loved ME.

I'd love to pick up FFX/2 if it gets cheap, but there's no way I can afford the memory card space. I'm better off just buying the physical copy. Drop the prices on those damn things, Sony. :/

Is Kingdoms of Amalur good? What type of games would I have to be into to enjoy this game?

I love it in concept, but it's never been able to hook me. Combat doesn't feel as good as a full action like God of War, there's variety to it, but even the fastest weapons you can choose feel kinda sluggish. I'm sure it improves as you unlock more abilities, but in the early game it was never very engaging for me.

The camera angle on your character is pretty close which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it kinda killed any sense of scale I get out of the world. Instead of feeling like I'm adventuring in a big open world like the Elder Scrolls, it feels more more like a bit more open version of Fable.

There's a ton of lore and dialog in the game, but I never found myself interested in it.

I want to go back to it one of these days (I got it free on PS+ a few months ago), but it's not high on my backlog.

I have no idea what Ni No Kuni only that it's supposed to be good. For $5 I should probably get it right? It's a JRPG I presume.

Mass Effect trilogy is pretty tempting at that price too dang.

Hugstable

Banned
Woah... Demon Sould for 10$ and I can own it digital forever. Holy shit I need to jump on this and Tales of Graces F, but im running low on gaming funds sinceni bought Mario Kart 8 and Kirby Return to Dreamland recently. I do have 70$ extra in credit from Amazon but I dont think it's gonna be usable until tmrw. Do these flash sales usually run for only 1 day?

Jomjom

Banned
I have the ME trilogy on disc. Anyone know what dlc I need to complete the ME experience? Not sure what the trilogy comes with on disc.

Demon's Souls for $10 is total steal guise. I'm serious. You get one of the best games of recent memory, which will provide you with at least 30 hours of gameplay on your first run. Truly an awesome game not worth missing if you haven't played it and have a PS3.

I would get DS2 again if it was a little cheaper since my blu ray drive went bad. I think I'll get Dragon Age and Kingdoms of Amular. Is KOA worth $5?

braves01

Banned
I have no idea what Ni No Kuni only that it's supposed to be good. For $5 I should probably get it right? It's a JRPG I presume.

Mass Effect trilogy is pretty tempting at that price too dang.

I think Ni No Kuni has a demo if you want to try it first, and the sale is good for a couple days.

DedValve

Banned
how is toukiden? It looks actiony, is it open world rpg or what? I love action games like Bayonetta and Dragons Dogma but I didn't enjoy Soul Sacrifice one bit since it felt way to confined. This any better?

As for Graces - I didn't enjoy tales of xilia (the characters rubbed me the wrong way) and stopped playing about 2 hours in (after the boat or whatever). I adored Vesperia and played that all the way. Will this game click with me?

Timmy00

Man it's really tempting to buy that Atelier game... I still need to play Ayesha first though (and I never tried the other games in the series).

Balphon

I have the ME trilogy on disc. Anyone know what dlc I need to complete the ME experience? Not sure what the trilogy comes with on disc.

It doesn't come with any of the ME3 DLC.

From Ashes is the most important piece story-wise. The others you can probably take or leave, though Citadel is good if you really like the characters.

sensui-tomo

the only story dlc missing from the trilogy is as follows: For ME2 its the Arrival(totally skippable was only a prelude to what was gonna happen at the beginning of ME3). For ME3 there is no dlc included but the only worthwhile ones (IMO) are Citadel(a great way for the trilogy to end) and from ashes(basically a character dlc due to EA stuff) the other 2 are fun but not required and add some back story more or less.

Colby

I would get DS2 again if it was a little cheaper since my blu ray drive went bad. I think I'll get Dragon Age and Kingdoms of Amular. Is KOA worth $5?
If you like that type of game, definitely. I never beat it, because it got tedious and too easy after awhile, but I did play for tens of hours and easily got $5 out of it.

PS3 version of Trilogy has all the good DLC for 1 and 2. Does not include DLC for 3, that you'd have to buy separate. Citadel is a must, From Ashes and Leviathan are good if you get into the mythos, Omega is pretty bad any way you slice it.

Tigress

Dang, part of me is upset I don't like buying digital games unless I have to or they are ultra cheap. Toukiden looks tempting but the fact that it is digital just edges it past tempting enough (even though I have store credit on PSN).

And I'd love to know how much Dragon's Dogma would cost me but I can't because since I have PS+ it says I have it purchased already (what if I want to purchase it for when i don't have PS+, if it was cheap enough I would have considered it).

Korigama

As for Graces - I didn't enjoy tales of xilia (the characters rubbed me the wrong way) and stopped playing about 2 hours in (after the boat or whatever). I adored Vesperia and played that all the way. Will this game click with me?
Most people don't have much good to say about the characters or story in Graces, as opposed to the combat.

sensui-tomo

PS3 version of Trilogy has all the good DLC for 1 and 2. Does not include DLC for 3, that you'd have to buy separate. Citadel is a must, From Ashes and Leviathan are good if you get into the mythos, Omega is pretty bad any way you slice it.

its missing The Arrival for me2(again skippable but not as bad as omega(which is just filler and filler no matter what)

apotema

I've heard the only good DLC for Mass Effect 3 is Citadel, the other ones suck

Someone please confirm, add/edit

Dysun

I bought Ni No Kuni with the 10 dollars wallet credit I was given for buying my PS4 last November. I probably won't play it for years but whatever!

Jomjom

Banned
I remember the Citadel one was supposed to be a really good in terms of character interactions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_Trilogy

Has it listed there, not much but better than nothing.

It doesn't come with any of the ME3 DLC.

From Ashes is the most important piece story-wise. The others you can probably take or leave, though Citadel is good if you really like the characters.

the only story dlc missing from the trilogy is as follows: For ME2 its the Arrival(totally skippable was only a prelude to what was gonna happen at the beginning of ME3). For ME3 there is no dlc included but the only worthwhile ones (IMO) are Citadel(a great way for the trilogy to end) and from ashes(basically a character dlc due to EA stuff) the other 2 are fun but not required and add some back story more or less.

Much appreciated!

I thought it was all the DLC, but looks like only the ME3 DLC is on sale. But looks like I don't really need any of the 1 and 2 DLC for story purposes.

Top Bottom