• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash Sale (May 15-18) Ni No Kuni, Freedom Wars, Mass Effect, Okami HD, more

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
And I bought Mass Effect... again. Fucking hell I can't believe how many times I've bought the games in this trilogy. Also picked up Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta for my PS TV. Good stuff.

GeoramA

Really great deals across all 3 systems here. Especially Vita o_O

Already played Wolf Among Us on PS3, but I'm double-dipping for that price. Awesome game.

Okami HD is probably the best remaster ever made. Buy it!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I already have the Mass Effect games on Xbox and I'm waiting for a PS4 remaster but for $4.80 why not.

How much DLC is included in the trilogy? And does ME1 have less popin on PS3?
IIRC it's missing the second DLC pack for ME, the Arrival DLC, Skin packs, and the Weapon packs for ME2, and all the DLC for ME3.

DF has a ME PS3 faceoff if you're interested in how it runs.

Syril

Is NBA Jam worth playing if you can't do four-player games? I remember the older games having some pretty egregious rubber band AI.

lantus

Some good deals for sure, but I'm not looking to expand my PS3 game library anymore. Hell I dont really need to getting anymore games for quite some time lol.

Red Hood

Banned
I'll get Okami HD if this extends to Europe as well.

edit: Mass Effect trilogy for 4,80??? That's an insanely fucking great deal for those who haven't jumped on the best IP of last generation.

Fisty

Ni No Kuni is absolutely magical but it is certainly a flawed RPG.

Definitely leaves an impression, and on that note, I want someone to name one JRPG that isnt flawed in some way. Maybe Chrono Trigger if youre being generous. It has flaws, but that doesnt mean its not a fantastic game (and certainly the best JRPG of gen 7, unless you count Demons Souls i suppose)

Will get Okami HD for sure. Will look into SS and Freedom Wars if they work on PS TV; I feel like I hear about both of those games a lot, but still have zero idea what they are.

Both Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars are PSTV compatible. I'll be grabbing SS:D to finally be able to play the game on my TV (we didn't get the PSTV patch for the original game Japan got).

Velcro Fly

So Ni No Kuni and Mass Effect Trilogy for less than $10?

I feel as a LTTP PS3 owner that getting games for cheap is fucking sweet!

Definitely leaves an impression, and on that note, I want someone to name one JRPG that isnt flawed in some way. Maybe Chrono Trigger if youre being generous. It has flaws, but that doesnt mean its not a fantastic game (and certainly the best JRPG of gen 7, unless you count Demons Souls i suppose)

It really depends how a game is flawed. For example, an RPG might be flawed because it has crap VA, or a crap battle system. Only one of those is truly going to affect how good the game is.

Mass Effect Trilogy for $5, damn. I've been waiting to pick that up and finally get into the series, but I have no idea when I'm going to find the time to play it... Or the space on my PS3's hard drive...

PensOwl

Banned
Freedoms Wars is so bought. I was actually contemplating the physical version for $16, I try to stay physical but this sale is too good.

BasilZero

So I went and bought LBP1 ;o

I'll get Okami HD later.

I'll skip out on Mass Effect Trilogy since I have ME1 (finished last year) and ME2 (gonna get the DLCs next month for it) and will get ME3 on Origin.

You all should get that NBA Jam: On Fire Edition/NFL Blitz Bundle. And Raiden IV: OverKill. And the Mass Effect Trilogy. And other stuff if you want, I guess.

Trials Fusion is great, too, if you have a PlayStation 4.

It really depends how a game is flawed. For example, an RPG might be flawed because it has crap VA, or a crap battle system. Only one of those is truly going to affect how good the game is.

That's not entirely true. A game is the complete sum of its parts. While some parts will be weighted more heavily than others, a game with crap VA probably means more to some than others. I'm not going to sit through a game with terrible theatrical presentation just because it has a rewarding battle system. The game can have weak parts, but they all still need to form one cohesive total experience.

But I do get what you're talking about.

Fisty

I understand, I guess I might be coming from a different perspective though, since I really enjoyed battles and such in NNK. Everything in the game fits together perfectly imo, to create something greater than the sum of its parts.

Anyway thats for another thread. I highly recommend NNK to anyone with a PS3 at that price. And youll see where the 22gbs goes in this game, the cutscenes are a treat

Mass Effect Trilogy for $5 is insane, that's a lot of content. I remember paying about $45 for it back then and I thought I was getting a deal.

SheHateMe

That's not entirely true. A game is the complete sum of its parts. While some parts will be weighted more heavily than others, a game with crap VA probably means more to some than others. I'm not going to sit through a game with terrible theatrical presentation just because it has a rewarding battle system. The game can have weak parts, but they all still need to form one cohesive total experience.

But I do get what you're talking about.

Agreed. As much as I enjoy Star Ocean 4's battle system, I refuse to even touch that game due to the terrible VA.

hawk2025

If you have even a remote interest in playing puzzle platformers, BUY. ESCAPE. GOAT. 2.

It's brilliant, with masterful level design. The only game in years that made me want to send an email to the devs.

Windforce

Holy shit. I'm getting:

for Vita:

Soul Sacrifice Delta (loved the original)
Freedom Wars
The Walking Dead (played on PS3, but want to play/Platinum again)
LittleBigPlanet Vita (not my fav series but at this price... I want it)

for PS4:

Wolf Among Us (how good is it, GAF? Blind buying because these guys made Walking Dead)
The Walking Dead (dat triple dip/triple plat)

for PS3:

Injustice

Looking for more suggestions (the op needs an update, many Vita titles missing there).

alright here we go again.

Let see if Sony will take my Playstation Card or give me another Invalid CC. LOL

only website that has an archaic problem.

Top Bottom