• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash Sale (May 15-18) Ni No Kuni, Freedom Wars, Mass Effect, Okami HD, more

breakfuss

Nidhogg looks dumb as hell but that soundtrack. My god...that soundtrack. May just buy it for that.

And I didn't like Ni No Kuni for what it's worth. ~30 hours and just couldn't stand it anymore. If you're only in it for the "charm" just watch Totoro or something.

Magnus

The Mass Effect trilogy price is wild. I'm tempted. Just not that intrigued, especially with knowing how so much of the story goes, and there's just so much else to play right now.

Solid sale though.

Okami HD also looks tempting. And it even uses Move, right? Which I have. lol. But shit, I hear it's also a slower Zelda-type game. Zelda's slow enough as it is for me.

You've got to believe me that you have to buy Super Mega Baseball if you like baseball games. The most enjoyable I've played in a couple of decades.

Sooo should I jump on Ni No Kuni? Been wanting to grab it and the price looks super right, but I haven't played a JRPG on a console in a long time. What can I expect? Are the mechanics deep? I know it's kinda like Pokemon. How long is the main story? How much side content? Thanks!

Nidhogg looks dumb as hell but that soundtrack. My god...that soundtrack. May just buy it for that.

And I didn't like Ni No Kuni for what it's worth. ~30 hours and just couldn't stand it anymore. If you're only in it for the "charm" just watch Totoro or something.

Nidhogg is awesome as hell. Great game to play locally with friends.

VLiberty

Any recommendations of the Prince of Persia games?

Avoid Revelations. Rival Swords is good, but keep in mind is just POP 3, so you might have already played it.

The Forgotten Sands is a short 2d sidescroller, not bad, but I think it's been cheaper, at least in europe.

Already got The Wolf Among Us for PS3 but i'm in again on the PS4 for that price. Freedom Wars is too good to pass up as well. Anyone have any thought on LIttleBigPlanet vita?

Tizoc

The PS3 Telltale games run like shit.
The Vita Telltale games run like a continent of shit.
Get them on PS4 only

norm9

Pulled the trigger on Ni No Kuni, Okami HD, and Mass Effect Trilogy. That's enough gaming to last me the rest of the year.

HabeeNo

Finally gonna get The Wolf Among Us on that PS4 :D

A friend of mine always tried to get me to buy it, but I always told her I'd wait for a sale.

Now is the time :)

Rival

Gold Member
Sooo should I jump on Ni No Kuni? Been wanting to grab it and the price looks super right, but I haven't played a JRPG on a console in a long time. What can I expect? Are the mechanics deep? I know it's kinda like Pokemon. How long is the main story? How much side content? Thanks!

Should take over 40 hours. Not particularly deep mechanics. Charming and whimsical though. I loved it.

Kilvas

Thinking about Soul Sacrifice Delta, but I got the original Soul Sacrifice from PS Plus. Is it worth spending the money on SS Delta?

I'm here to help countering all the inevitable glowing recommendations to this literally gigantic (22GB), waste of Ghibli's time, unredeemable piece of shit.

No, it's not worth $5. Yes, it's possible to regret a $5 purchase. Go buy Time and Eternity instead or something.

I also disliked the game. Would of had a better time looking at an artbook and listening to the soundtrack. The gameplay and story was way below my expectations. I've tried to get into it multiple times but I found it to be really boring.

Arttemis

WTF!!! The DLC for Don't Starve is more expensive than this bundled sale for those who got the base game via PS+. That's outright bullshit.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
How come MS doesn't do these awesome sales?From Nintendo is not expected but by now you'd thought that they would at least check out what the competition is doing.

Decent sale!

I finally picked up Wolf Among Us (kept hearing great things from the Player One Podcast) and also Borderlands and Mass Effect Trilogy (if I ever feel like replaying those on my PS3)

It's the best LBP game in my opinion.

Seconded. That team should have worked on 3, IMO.

How do you just use what is available in you wallet and then add the money from your credit card? I have $3.50 in my PSN wallet and don't want to add an extra $5.

sensui-tomo

Thinking about Soul Sacrifice Delta, but I got the original Soul Sacrifice from PS Plus. Is it worth spending the money on SS Delta?

SS Delta is a better overall game, its like monster hunter tri to Monster hunter Tri ULTIMATE. or Diablo 3 to Diablo 3 2.0 edition with that expansion.

Lothars

As for this... Mass Effect Trilogy - $4.80 - 84% Off

I want it but i fear this is just to get some money before the remake of the 3 is announced at e3... :(

Hard decision...

(

Oooooh. Good point...
It's 5 dollars if they don't announce a remake than you have all three that you can play and if they do it's not like your out much.

I love the Mass Effect series and it's worth it for the price.

Miker

I guess I'll pick up Okami at that price. Which is the best Okami game - Okami 1, 2, or 3? I don't know if I'll have time to finish the entire trilogy.

How does Wolf run on PS4? I'm not a fan of Telltale game's performance last generation, so I'm worried that it might not run well or it may have some bugs.

Warablo

How come MS doesn't do these awesome sales?From Nintendo is not expected but by now you'd thought that they would at least check out what the competition is doing.

Because they don't have as many games on the Xbox One, and don't care. Once in awhile they have some decent deals or sales, but mostly the weekly ones suck.

Ni no Kuni is lovely and that, but I didn't enjoy the battle system at all and since you'd have to spend 40 hours in the battle screen it's a tough game to recommend.

LeonSPBR

I'm here to help countering all the inevitable glowing recommendations to this literally gigantic (22GB), waste of Ghibli's time, unredeemable piece of shit.

No, it's not worth $5. Yes, it's possible to regret a $5 purchase. Go buy Time and Eternity instead or something.

I'm with you. The story and the reatrded AI turned me off. I bought this game at launch and regreted. I don't recommend it. But if you guys but it expect you fight the enemies and the friendly AI at the same time.

LeonSPBR

I guess I'll pick up Okami at that price. Which is the best Okami game - Okami 1, 2, or 3? I don't know if I'll have time to finish the entire trilogy.

Okami has only one sequel Okamiden for DS. Okami HD is fucking amazing, bought at launch and platinum with pride.

MikeyB

Soul Sacrifice Delta bought for my PS TV. I don't know when I'll have time, and I know next to nothing about the game, but the raving here did it for me.

Top Bottom