• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash Sale (May 15-18) Ni No Kuni, Freedom Wars, Mass Effect, Okami HD, more

Davide

I already have the Mass Effect games on Xbox and I'm waiting for a PS4 remaster but for $4.80 why not.

How much DLC is included in the trilogy? And does ME1 have less popin on PS3?

Ralemont

not me
I already have the Mass Effect games on Xbox and I'm waiting for a PS4 remaster but for $4.80 why not.

How much DLC is included in the trilogy? And does ME1 have less popin on PS3?

1 has Bring Down the Sky, 2 has all the DLC except character skin packs and Arrival, 3 doesn't have any of the (excellent) DLC.

How's Mamorukun Curse! and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (vita version of Hot Shots 6 I think?). I've never played any of the Hot Shots games, but I enjoyed playing Pangya for a couple hours once.

Zach

It's 5 dollars if they don't announce a remake than you have all three that you can play and if they do it's not like your out much.

I love the Mass Effect series and it's worth it for the price.

It's a total steal, sure. But I've already played through the series. I'd really only be buying it for the possibility that my son would want to play it in the nearish future. He's not big into shooters, but he likes outerspaaaace and just recently fell in love with the Ratchet games. So yeah, I'll probably just buy it but there's a pretty good chance that two years from now I'll be like "way to waste $5.00". Heh...

sensui-tomo

Is Freedom Wars enjoyable if played exclusively offline? Does it have a decent story and whatnot?

The only issue i've had was , A) This doesnt play as well as God eater. B) Stealth missions between story suck complete ass. C) I need more friends to play with.

Also have the same doubt. And the same applies to SS Delta.
SS Delta is the better buy of the 2 if you want to go best bang for buck (in terms of content) but both games are great on their own. SSD is older while FW is newer, SSD has a great story mind you. and you get somewhat competent npcs

Sora_N

How's Mamorukun Curse! and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (vita version of Hot Shots 6 I think?). I've never played any of the Hot Shots games, but I enjoyed playing Pangya for a couple hours once.

HS is like less moe than Pangya.

If you really like golf games it's alright for $5. I got annoyed and stopped playing immediately lol. Paid $5 for physical copy 2 years ago

KingJ2002

This sale just reminded me how EA killed off NBA Blitz & NBA Jam in one fell swoop... smh

but those are some good deals for the ps3... especially the mass effect bundle

It's the best LBP game in my opinion.

As someone who has tried to play LBP before in the past (including the Vita ver) but just didn't like the floaty jumping and focus on stickers, should I give this another shot?

Or if I hated it before, I'm still going to hate it kinda thing?

Yawnier

Banned
I don't know too much about MH clones (whatever you call that genre) on the vita... is SS Delta probably the best one out on the vita? I remember hearing mixed things about Ragnarok Odyssey and the like.

Lothars

It's a total steal, sure. But I've already played through the series. I'd really only be buying it for the possibility that my son would want to play it in the nearish future. He's not big into shooters, but he likes outerspaaaace and just recently fell in love with the Ratchet games. So yeah, I'll probably just buy it but there's a pretty good chance that two years from now I'll be like "way to waste $5.00". Heh...
That's a good point, I didn't realize you had played it. I thought you never played it and was going to wait for a remaster.

Voror

Dammit I just bought the first Mass Effect off Psn last week. Might pick up Wolf Among Us and Okami. Already have Ni no Kuni or I'd get that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Mamorukun Curse is great if you like shmups and/or the Pocky & Rocky games. Worth the price for sure.

sensui-tomo

I don't know too much about MH clones (whatever you call that genre) on the vita... is SS Delta probably the best one out on the vita? I remember hearing mixed things about Ragnarok Odyssey and the like.

RO sucked, end of story. Soul Sacrifice Delta was a nice new take on the stuff and it further expanded the combat of vanilla Soul Sac. Freedom wars however fun it is(its really fun) has some balance issues that Parakeetman(i think thats his name?) has elaborated much on in the game's OT. Due note both games are an astounding value for $5.

Cotrip

The only issue i've had was , A) This doesnt play as well as God eater. B) Stealth missions between story suck complete ass. C) I need more friends to play with.

SS Delta is the better buy of the 2 if you want to go best bang for buck (in terms of content) but both games are great on their own. SSD is older while FW is newer, SSD has a great story mind you. and you get somewhat competent npcs

Thanks man! SSD it is.

As someone who has tried to play LBP before in the past (including the Vita ver) but just didn't like the floaty jumping and focus on stickers, should I give this another shot?

Or if I hated it before, I'm still going to hate it kinda thing?

This is what I want to know as well. Didn't enjoy LBP before, but Tearaway was so good...

robot

Freedom Wars was one of my favorite portable games last year and I barely played online. Excellent game!

MrDaravon

Will get Okami HD for sure. Will look into SS and Freedom Wars if they work on PS TV; I feel like I hear about both of those games a lot, but still have zero idea what they are.

cakely

Probably there is a few, but ME3 is laggy as fuck. And the MP employs the annoying EA tactic: random boxes to find weapons, char and equipment.

I played quite a bit of ME3 Mulitplayer on the Xbox 360, I liked it.

I was just curious if anyone is still playing it on the PS3. It's still easy to find a game on the Xbox 360.

kevin1025

Banned
I really need to start keeping money for the end of the month rather than blowing it all at the start of it. Can only pick up a few of these gems now.

bender

What time is it?
Thoughts on Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD?

Soul Sacrifice is tempting but I have the non-Deltra version via plus and still have gotten around to playing it.

Might grab Trials.

Top Bottom