• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA release date - Steins;Gate - August 26, 2015

bobawesome

I'll stick with the standard edition since I already have the JastUSA limited edition. The only worthwhile addition looks to be the Metal Upa and it looks to be a better bludgeoning tool than a replica.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'll stick with the standard edition since I already have the JastUSA limited edition. The only worthwhile addition looks to be the Metal Upa and the only thing it looks to be useful for is bludgeoning someone to death.

As someone who has the Upa you totally could hurt someone badly with it.

As someone who has the Upa you totally could hurt someone badly with it.

You could almost bludgeon someone with it, and watch them as that life essence spills from them onto the floor. You kneel down and pin the second badge onto their lapel as they lie still, matching your own. “Tuturu,” you whisper into their ear. “Tuturu.”

Shizuka

It's the same situation as the european limited edition. Same price, same items, same free shipping, only difference now is that it comes with an ESRB logo.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's the same situation as the european limited edition. Same price, same items, same free shipping, only difference now is that it comes with an ESRB logo.

Well if you still use an SDTV for some reason you can now actually play it as well due it not being PAL.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I thought there weren't any differences other than the logo.

Well PAL manufactured PS3 disks won't play on a NTSC TV in SD if these are being printed for US they will allow that. Vita version difference is pretty much nothing but the SKU number and rating though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My understanding is this edition with the Metal Upa and Pins will be Rice Digital Exclusive. The Limited Edition with artbook in the box (which isn't all that great TBH) may see a U.S. release.

I'm ok with this. I have no room for the pins or Upa.

Jazz573

Even though I've already finished it on PC, I think I might buy this to support PQube, and to show them there's enough interest, to make it worthwhile to translate other Science Adventure games.

nikos

Finally! Been waiting for a date. Now I need to decide on a platform. Intended to purchase it on Vita forever, but might go PS3. Or maybe I'll double dip.

Way too damn long for a game that's already in English. Same thing happened for White Knight Chronicles II when it came out in Europe, but that was a 4 month difference I believe.

Well, just as in that case, I went ahead and imported tonight since I'm not waiting til the end of my Summer to play this.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Uh oh, it ain't listed on Amazon Canada. I knew that when they meant North American release, they meant US only. Guess having some shit translated in French is too hard for some companies.

Top Bottom