• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco to open Pac-Man-themed restaurant in Suburban Chicago

Tripon

Music has the Hard Rock Cafe. Film has Planet Hollywood. It's high time the game industry had its own cheesy, tourist-trappy theme restaurant to part visiting rubes from their money. Apparently, Namco agrees with that sentiment, given the company's plans to open Level 257, "a brand new restaurant and entertainment destination inspired by Pac-Man" in a former Sears warehouse at the Woodfield Mall in the Chicago suburb of Schaumburg, Illinois next month.

According to the official Level 257 tumblr page, the 40,000 square foot, 180-seat restaurant will also integrate a larger entertainment complex, featuring "16 boutique retro-styled bowling lanes with smart technology, table tennis, pinball machines and our Lost & Found games parlor with original arcades alongside exciting new titles, plus custom-built game tables and free-to-play board games provide a unique entertainment experience." Fans of Pac-Man will also be able to shop at a "first-of-its-kind" Pac-Man retail shop and browse a "gallery space" devoted to the little yellow dot.

"Level 257 seeks to explore Pac-Man’s impact upon our society and pop culture, reminding us all of the importance of play in our lives, while facilitating our desire to relive those times when beating the next level was the most important thing in our world," the site says. "All while indulging that which we love now—great food and drink with our friends and family."

Eat me with a power pellet if old.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/12/namco-to-open-pac-man-themed-restaurant-in-suburban-chicago/

18-Volt

Nice going Namco. We're sitting here waiting for localizations for games like God Eater 2, Digimon World re: Digitize Decode and Tales of the World Reve Unitia, you go get into restaurant business. Typical.

wondermega

For the dinner menu, they just take a bunch of meatballs and spray paint them white, is that all? And the occasional grapefruit

Nice going Namco. We're sitting here waiting for localizations for games like God Eater 2, Digimon World re: Digitize Decode and Tales of the World Reve Unitia, you go get into restaurant business. Typical.
The past couple of years players got Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle, Short Peace, Tales of Xilia, Project X Zone, Sword Art Online, and next year the upcoming Godzilla game...

I guess some people can't be pleased.

Weird location since there's a GameWorks right next to that mall. But Woodfield Mall is pretty big and draws a lot of people so it might work.

kirblar

When I lived in that area as a kid ~25 years ago they had a giant Little Caesars with a big play area and lots of Arcade machines. I wonder if it's still around.

blamite

Sounds cool, maybe I'll check it out sometime if it's still around. Good concept as long as it ignores all traces of pac-man's modern design.

entremet

I hope they have that four player PacMan game from a few years back. I haven't seen it in the wild outside Japan.

Top Bottom