• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name the game you've played more than any other since you set foot upon the path of digital entertainment

kisspng-out-run-outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-playstation-2-c-dj-poster-5b0be49c9e2294.3762838515275060766477.png

Ain't even a question for me. Bought it countless times on nearly every platform its been released on and before that sunk hours into in the arcades. Just a simply awesome experience that does everything right, straddles the line between mastery and challenge and provides a seemingly infinite amount of depth wrapped up in a very simplistic looking premise and oodles of replayability.

Its criminal that this hasn't been remastered or rereleased on current generation machines as I'd happily buy it again just to experience it properly in HD.

The Xbox original release is nigh on arcade perfect and its follow up, whilst great, lost a lot of the visual sheen and its controls didn't feel as sharp but was still a good game on its own merits. The PSP version is just stunning considering how well it was ported to a portable and being able to link and transfer to the PS2 felt like "the future was here" back then when cross play wasn't even a thing. The PS3 version is by far the best looking one but sadly very cut down and the closest we got to a full HD version.

But enough from me, what about thee?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Rocket League. I don't know how many hours I've put into it across PC/PS4/Switch. as far as i know it's easily the most played game for me.

Paasei

Easy, World of Warcraft. I literally have over 1000 days playtime in that game with all my characters combined.

Second place is CoD4 on PC. Not even close to Wow, but that game consumed over 1000hours.

Malio

Age of Mythology. Have been playing it 3-4 times a week since it came out in 2002. God bless Ensemble Studios.

mcz117chief

Age of Mythology. Have been playing it 3-4 times a week since it came out in 2002. God bless Ensemble Studios.
Amazing dedication. Would you recommend me the best version currently on the market? I loved to play the game back in the days too.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Sonic 2 (Mega Drive version) over several platforms (Mega Drive, Saturn, GameCube, 360, PSP, DS, 3DS). It is just such an amazing, well-designed game.

HyGogg

Banned
Could be Space Harrier or Sonic 3. It's probably not a long game but one of those perfect addictive kind of games. Ikaruga also, perhaps.

Airola

Probably Civilization II. Surely I've played many games more times than that but I've had so many 10+ hour sessions with that game the hour count must be the highest.

Skyr

Unreal Tournament 99
Played it competitively for many years. I wish I would know how many hours.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I played Asheron’s Call from 1999 until they shut it down in 2017. When they shut it down I think my server had around 100 regular players left. Meaning if everyone logged in at the same exact time we would have around 100 people total. Throughout the lifespan of the game it had the best and most unique community I’ve ever seen in a game.

Last edited:

Helios

World of Warcraft. I'm not sure exactly how much since I played on different servers, retail and private.
TF2 would probably be on second place but nowhere near as close as WoW.

Urantian

Neo Member
While I am sure I have put hundreds of hours in on some old MMOs and multiplayer games, I think PUBG is the only one I have gone over 1000 hours on.

Tom Clancy's division ...brought both the pc version and the PS4 version with season passes for both got around 3000+ hrs on the PS4 version and 2000+ hrs on the pc 😂😂😂😂

Malio

Amazing dedication. Would you recommend me the best version currently on the market? I loved to play the game back in the days too.

The extended edition on Steam.

The studio who updated is trash though. Load times are longer than the original and there is lag that the original did not have, but it has all the expansions (new units, etc.) and it generally looks better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Thousands of matches on Kick Off 2* on the Amiga 🙂

(*It was infinitely better than Sensible Soccer)

Filben

It's not much compared to the more dedicated people here and out there, because I usually finish a game and maybe, if it's good, play it again once year, but otherwise move on. But in regards of singleplayer games, it is, by large margin, The Witcher 3 with nearly 500h. The second most played is probably F1 2012 with 150h -- also only singleplayer.

Online it's Overwatch, BF3, and CoD 4 being very close to each other.

Codes 208

Halo 3. More than three years of custom game nights with friends has led to a few thousand of hours of playtime.

zenspider

It's got to be a Street Fighter game, probably 3rd Strike.

My longest for sure 'clock' is Splatoon 1 at 1700+ hours.

Probably Castlevania HD. It's about the only game I've 1200+ hours in.
Warframe probably has about a thousand as well, but there's a lot of idling hours there too.
777 hours (and 1337 games) in ME3MP.
About 600 in SF5.
500 in Payday 2.

I play way too many different games to accumulate anything higher than a thousand on anything generally, even a hundred is pushing it.

Last edited:

ipsi2

Either TF2 or DoD: Source. If we narrowed it down to 'last few years only,' then it'd be a tossup between Overwatch, PUBG, and Dead by Daylight.

Last edited:
Not certain, but if measured by hours played it’s likely Overwatch.

Dark Souls and FF games are likely the highest among SP-centric titles. But it’s far more competitive on that side.

S77

6VwX5hk.png

Still casual, I have friends with 18k hours.

Other notable games:
Warcraft III - probably around 5000 hours;
Dark Souls - around 200h;
Breath of the Wild - 120h;
Bloodborne - 100h;
Final Fantasy XIII - 100h.

And many more in 50-100h mark.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm not sure, there are quite a few.

Probably Virtua Fighter 3 on the arcades..

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefield series as a whole, or FPS MP as a whole than probably hundreds of thousands otherwise COD4 with 900hrs on the Xbox 360.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Starcraft 1 -by far
Halo 1 PC version
Overwatch
Smash Melee
Rogue Squadron II (effin gold medals)
Pokemon Blue
Sonic Adventure 1 (judge me)

Edit: Forgot Phantasy Star Online. I think I had about 400 hours on the DC version, to say nothing of the GC version and the fan-maintained PC version I still fire up to this day.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Hard to say but the contenders would have to be:
Vampire Savior
Castlevania
Eyeshield 21: Amefuto no Yarouze YaHa
FFIV
FFVI

I spent like a year playing ES21 for 9 hours a day so it might be that.

Rayderism

I'd have to say, especially over the last few years, my most played game is The Pinball Arcade. It has a rare thing I like to call "infinite replayability" that you just don't get with many games these days.

Durask

Probably Dawn of War and sequels and then mods.
Steam shows 1338 hours for Dawn of War Soulstorm (this is all various mods).
#2 is probably original Starcraft
#3 is probably Borderlands 2

EDMIX

Sonic 2 (Mega Drive version) over several platforms (Mega Drive, Saturn, GameCube, 360, PSP, DS, 3DS). It is just such an amazing, well-designed game.

I was going to say Lumines but realized......twas Sonic 2 aka da GOAT aka 2D Royalty aka DA SPEED GOD!

I'm not sure.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3 then PS4), Super Mario Bros 3 (NES then GBA then various digital copies), X-COM: UFO Defense (PC), ADOM (PC), Unreal Tournament (PC), Total Annihilation (PC), or Dodonpachi Daioujou (arcade, PS2, emulator, etc) would all be in the running.

After 1,000 hours I stopped counting and estimating the hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom